• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X Tactical Video

Re: Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X Tactical Video

Any parallax issues at 25yds? Looking for a optic for my 22.

No issues with parallax at 25 yards for me. Mine was beautiful at 25 yards.

is everyone happy with it at say 100 yards?
also how does it compare to say a S.S. or the bushnell 3200 tact scope.
is there still a code for some cash off at midway??

Cannot answer on the comparison but I am very pleased with the scope. Good investment!

- Mike

with it not haveing a parallax adjustment is anyone getting parallax when changing form one setting to another. by the pictures the turrets look larger then the scopes 1" body, how you all like the size.

The turrets are big, but not overly big. I think they fit just right. I would have thought that more elevation would be available given the size, but it is a 1 inch tube afterall. I haven't noticed any parallax issues at all. With a top mag of 10x, you won't have much anyways. Hence why Nightforce doesn't even have parallax adjustment on their 2.5-10x.

I'm very happy with it at 100 yards. I haven't seen the scopes you mention so I can't be a lot of help there.

This is my first Mil/Mil scope, can anyone tell me if I would be able to use this to shoot steel out to 700 yds with a 308? I have it mounted to my 308AR in a LT-104 (no moa cant)

I'm not sure about how much adjustment is available in this scope. I'm trying to set up some long range steel targets and 700 is the furthest available. I'd like to be able to set something up out there, but be able to hit it.

Thanks

Count the full mils you have and report back...

You want about 6.5 Mils for 700, on the conservative side, but you should have a lot more than that.

Never thought I would do it, as a confirmed MOA shooter, but at the price and with this review, it's hard to pass up. Cancelled the Mark AR order for $50 more than this one. Besides, it's going on an SPR-ish 223, where I don't have moa come-ups burned into my brain like I do with the 308, so the transition shouldn't be as hard.

What height rings should I go with on a Rem 700 with 20 moa base? I usually use TPS. I've never used a 1 inch tube though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh-L</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What height rings should I go with on a Rem 700 with 20 moa base? I usually use TPS. I've never used a 1 inch tube though. </div></div>
Not bashing you, but you really need to learn how to determine proper ring height on your own, instead of blindly relying on what others are using on their rifles (which may not even be close to your rifle's configuration). What works on one rifle may or may not work on another, so measure your own equipment properly and accurately and you'll have the information necessary to order the best ring height for <span style="font-style: italic">your particular rifle</span>.

Read <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">palmik</span></span>'s "<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Ring Height Info - How to Measure Correctly</span></span>" thread and learn something that any rifle scope user should know how to do themselves. Then pass this knowledge on to others in the future.

Keith

Hey everyone i just wanted to add something about parralex on this scope.I have shot with it now out to 600.Parralex is not bad as long as you keep a good cheek wield i was ringing steel every time...Anyway heres what my weaver is mounted on..The rings are burris xtr lows..
j9ap37.jpg

Used mine last week at 100 yards and everything seemed fine (10x), today I took it out to 400 and seemed like everything was a little blurry at 10x. Is this to be expected with this scope? I just noticed everyone is saying the glass is great for the money so just wondering if my expectations are to high or maybe I have a dud. If there are any remedies to this I'm all ears. Also scope is sitting in Burris XTR rings set at 20 in/lb.

Thanks for the heads up lowlight... will most likely consider this as a replacement for another scope I have
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captramrod01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Used mine last week at 100 yards and everything seemed fine (10x), today I took it out to 400 and seemed like everything was a little blurry at 10x. Is this to be expected with this scope? I just noticed everyone is saying the glass is great for the money so just wondering if my expectations are to high or maybe I have a dud. If there are any remedies to this I'm all ears. Also scope is sitting in Burris XTR rings set at 20 in/lb. </div></div>

Try fine tunig the focus at 400.Then bring it back to a 100 and see what it looks like.

RobT2K, Got one last week and mounted it on a DPMS LR 308B (18 inch barrel, 0 MOA Base). Zeroed at 100 yards with 175 SMKs running a tad over 2500 FPS. At the 1000 yard range on Saturday I was able to engage the 750 yard targets with 6.9 mils elevation. From my 100 yard zero I have a max of 7.2 mils in elevation with the 0 MOA base on my rifle. I can see a 20 MOA base/ring combination in the future for this rifle.

CDAT

How does this scope compare to the super snipers? Is the glass better? I'm assuming it's not quite as durable as it's 1". I also have a Bushnell 10x, and I was thinking of ordering the ss 10x as an upgrade. I could definitely use a variable as this will go on my target/ hunting rifle. I also really wanted mil/mil as it seems easier to learn on. Basically, I have the exact same question as tigmaned, how does this compare to the bushnell and the ss?

Midway has these on sale for $299 again. Going to pick one up just to have lying around. Never know when you might want to have a dependable but not so expensive piece like this at your disposal. I know its not FFP, but it still has good uses.

Just ordered one of these for my Savage 10FP based off of this review.

I'm still about a year away from being able to make a major leap forward in glass. This will give me a chance to spend more time shooting and learning more about the use of mil/mil.

They are back on sale at Midway for 299.XX till the end of April.

Is this scope still available???

Do you have to buy it from Midway?

It is a Midway exclusive product. It is still available, but looks like the price went back up to 399.99.

Link to page here

From reading through this thread it looks like they do a 100.00 discount every couple of months. If you don't have to have it rfn, then wait till it is on sale again.

I am very happy with mine, especially at the 299.99 price..

Love mine! Only range real close is only 100 yards so a big expensive scope isn't needed. But i will replace it later on after some gun smithing.

The price is back to $299.99 at midwayusa until 9/30/11. Very tempting...

this or the Bushnell elite 3200 10x mil/mil?... That Bushy has 23 mil range, this is only 16 mil.

I'm deciding between the bushy and the this weaver as well. It's going on a 22 trainer for me so it's looking like the weaver is going to win out because of how much i could use the variable 3-10x vs. the fixed 10x at 22lr distances. i think both are comparable scopes, just a question of whether or not the variable is worth the extra $100, and if the elevation difference you mentioned is a concern or not for your application.

The turrets are better IMO on the weaver than the bushy.

John

Thanks in large part to this thread and video, I now get to enjoy this scope's excellent bang for the buck. Great scope for the money.

As previously mentioned (thanks for the tip BTW), the 4" Nikon sunshade fits this scope pretty well. Butler Creek lens covers are next on the list.

Russian rifles like this scope as well, in this case my .308 VEPR:

8b7953d7.jpg

a69ef124.jpg

thats a nice setup liquidmetal.

also the nikon ARD fits this scope perfectly!!

32a9db12.jpg

023ae5c9.jpg

Who's got the best price on the sunshade?

amazon.com has the best price (~$25) for Nikon 8053.

Thanks.

The Butler Creek #26 lens cover seems to fit the Nikon sunshade the best. I tried a #27 and it was pretty loose on the sunshade.

liquid-really nice ruskie. how does it shoot and with what?

just purchased mine from midway with an EGW 20moa mount and some burris xtacs. and of course some BC caps.
smile.gif

anyone have pictures of the reticle? through the scope?

i love this scope... cant believe it was 300 bucks... boom.

Ok guys. Was at the range today, went to screw off my turrets, and both of my orings shredded when i srewed out the caps. any help?

Contact weaver. They will send you new ones.

John

guess that's what i deserve for purchasing a 300 dollar scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JAAM12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Contact weaver. They will send you new ones.

John </div></div>
The folks at Weaver did contact me promptly after i got in touch with them. At least the customer service is good! They're sending some new o-rings. Said I may have tightened the caps too much. Other buyers beware of this.

got mine last week, mounted on a Savage 10FP, fit is fantastic! this scope is VERY high quality and i beleive it can be used in every role that the Super Sniper can, and not just primary a "back-up" or .22 trainer.

also good to hear about Weaver's Customer Service

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got mine last week, mounted on a Savage 10FP, fit is fantastic! this scope is VERY high quality and i beleive it can be used in every role that the Super Sniper can, and not just primary a "back-up" or .22 trainer.

also good to hear about Weaver's Customer Service </div></div>

youll be happy with it. i was very surprised when i looked through it the first time. it transmits light better than my leupy 50mm objective vx2

Anybody care to offer a comparison in image quality between the Weaver 3-10 and, say, a Burris FFII or Nikon ProStaff/Buckmaster?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody care to offer a comparison in image quality between the Weaver 3-10 and, say, a Burris FFII or Nikon ProStaff/Buckmaster? </div></div>

I just put a Weaver Grand Slam Tactical on my .243 coyote rifle and my hunting partner went with the Nikon Coyote Special. The Nikon CS is a buckmaster with the predator reticle and a camo finish. After doing a side by side comparision between the two, the Weaver has clearer glass, hands down. There is some distortion in the Nikon, where it is absent in the Weaver. We were shooting till dusk on Sunday evening and as it got dark, the Weaver left the Nikon in it's dust when it came to lowlight performance. All around I think the Weaver Tactical is a much better optic in the same price range as the Nikon Buckmaster/Coyote Special. You also get the added benefit of having matching reticle and knobs with the Weaver.

I should also add: I was itching to confirm the dope on my new handloads yesterday but couldn't shoot at the house due to workers in the field. After dinner it was dark as could be and I decided to try it in the dark. I propped a small LED flashlight in front of the target and went out to 350 yards. I could not only see my 3x5 card on the target, but I could see the 3/4" black dot I drew on it as well. I shot a three shot group, with the cold bore striking the black dot. The other two rounds were just below it with a 1.36" group, or .390 MOA.

The only complaints I have so far is the reticle is canted about 1 degree from the turrets. The scope tracks great and the knobs feel good. It has rode around in my pickup for two days so far and held a perfect zero. The knobs and reticle match to a "T", and the reticle measures correctly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody care to offer a comparison in image quality between the Weaver 3-10 and, say, a Burris FFII or Nikon ProStaff/Buckmaster?</div></div>

I have weaver and prostaff 3-9x40, the weaver is better.

Just got one of these to go atop a 338 marlin express saddle rifle. Haven't had much luck w/ Weavers but hope this one pans out.

Where are you seeing it for $300? Its 400 at midway. Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CobraCutter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where are you seeing it for $300? Its 400 at midway. Thanks </div></div>
Midway runs a sale every few months on them for 299