• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Weaver scopes????? anyone tried them?

NXS338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Central FLORIDA
Hello everyone, has anyone tried the weaver tactical scopes? Do they track, hold zero? Worth looking at? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Which Weaver Tactical scopes?

To the point, yes there are plenty of people here that run the 3-15x EMDR and the MidwayUSA 3-10x40 mil/mil.

I have two of the 3-10x and they are fantastic scopes for $300 - less elevation adjustment than a SWFA and only a 1" tube, but they track well, clarity and brightness are good at the price point, and the variable power is more flexible for a rifle that will be hunted and/or shot inside 100yd.

I had one and the glass is a touch clearer than the Vortex in its class, most evident at x15. Tracked with no problem, and is FFP.

I only sold it because I stepped up to a NF.

I run the weaver 3-10x40 mil/mil, I got it used and have it on a 308 project and works fine for my use (steel target shooting 300>). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles and is sfp but it does its job for me since I needed something light and within my budget for the project.

Turret
marks don't quite line up but not by much
Clicks are audible in a quite room, the feel of the click works fine for me.

Glass
Adequate for the price range
Resolution at 10x is good

Overall my model tracks well and gets banged up quite a bit and still keeps on truckin along. I couldn't ask for much more since I got it used with rings for like 150.00. I have never tried any other weavers, but if they hold up like the one I have I wouldn't hesitate buying another.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I've just 'scrapped' a Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 scope. It's about a year old with around 1500 rounds in an Aadmount on a WOA 5.56 SDM barreled upper that shoots just under 1MOA. Mostly used prone shooting steel to 600+ and a bit of coyote hunting.

After my last range session, the elevation turret now spins freely, with no tactile clicks. Also both the rings with the origin mark on the elevation and windage turret will spin/rotate on the turret barrel. Impossible to tell where I've dialed when the origin moves. Appears the rings were only lightly glued in place. When I purchased this, I knew it wasn't a deployment quality optic. I just shoot casually and don't rely on the rifle for anything but fun. Reviews are pretty good for this scope w/ 30mm tube, FFP, mil/mil, 50mm objective, illum EMDR, locking resetable turrets, ect. It looked and felt good for $800 bucks. Now I'm disappointed that it didn't hold up better. That said, I thought it was priced very fairly for the features - even though at 800 dollars it's still only a low/mid-quality scope. I was happy with how it tracked, but the clicks are mushy. I called the warranty center and 'Trevor' was really helpful. Sounds like he was familiar with my issue when I described the problems, so this may not be the first scope like this one. I am sending it out today and we'll see if the warranty is good.

I've already bought a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 to replace this scope. If the Weaver comes back in 1 piece, it's going on a lesser rifle.

Last edited:
Waver is generally a pretty good value for what you spend, and stands behind their stuff. Wicked, it would be good to hear when you get your scope back from repair.

Wicked Weapons said:
I've already bought a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 to replace this scope. If the Weaver comes back in 1 piece, it's going on a lesser rifle.

There's not much "lesser rifle" than a 5.56 gas gun...

I've been running the classic extremes on my guns for a few years now. I've had no trouble and have been dialing out to 600 yards on my Grendel and it's always right on when I dial it back. I'm about to buy a Nightforce but for $300 the classic extreme has served me well!

Love em. I've been shooting a Weaver Tac 3-15x50 for the past several years, and love it. I have a Viper and the Weaver Tac is far sharper, sturdier, than the Vortex. I have a NIB 4-20 x50 Weaver Tac, and a PST 6-24, and just put them in the Optics PX, and if the Weaver wasn't mil mil I'd be keeping it. I also like their Super Slam series. Their overlooked way too much, I just switched to NF and that's what I wanna run on all my Match guns.
I've been looking at the Weaver Tac beside a Leupy 6.5-20 VX3, Viper 6.5-20, and even the PST at full power the Weaver 3-15 smokes it as far as clarity, but I like the PST's zero stop, reticle, and illumination. Can't go wrong with a Weaver, fixed or variable.

There's not much "lesser rifle" than a 5.56 gas gun...

Not very nice. Yes, there are plenty of 'lesser' rifles in my inventory. Less expensive, less accurate, less powerful, less sexy and less awholelotofothersh#t. That 'refurb'd' scope will find a nice home on one of them. ;)

Not very nice. Yes, there are plenty of 'lesser' rifles in my inventory. Less expensive, less accurate, less powerful, less sexy and less awholelotofothersh#t. That 'refurb'd' scope will find a nice home on one of them. ;)

Less powerful than a 5.56? Thats what I was referring to.

I guess it'd make a fantastic rimfire scope...

Exactly!

My favorite plinking/squirrel gun is a suppressed 10-22 with an Eotech. I can still bust a cap at 50m with it. I also have a new set of tall Warne rings laying around the shop. The Weaver Tacti-shizzle would look sweet on that little Ruger, and give my old eyes some much needed help. Anybody know how many mils to get a 22lr out to 200?

I run the weaver 3-10x40 mil/mil, I got it used and have it on a 308 project and works fine for my use (steel target shooting 300>). It doesn't have all the bells and whistles and is sfp but it does its job for me since I needed something light and within my budget for the project.

Turret
marks don't quite line up but not by much
Clicks are audible in a quite room, the feel of the click works fine for me.

Overall my model tracks well and gets banged up quite a bit and still keeps on truckin along. I couldn't ask for much more since I got it used with rings for like 150.00. I have never tried any other weavers, but if they hold up like the one I have I wouldn't hesitate buying another.

^^ More or less my same experience with the same scope. Really, I've been pretty darn happy with it, especially given the price. Honestly, the glass in mine feels like I'm looking through a much more expensive scope, and is definitely more than sufficient for a 10x scope (my other precision rifle scope is a S&B, so I've seen glass side-by-side on both ends of the spectrum — The S&B is obviously the winner, but the Weaver is darn good for the price).

As others have mentioned a 1-inch tube is a bit limiting in terms of elevation adjustment range, and the SFP scopes aren't quite as popular with the tactical shooter crowd. With that said, I've taken a few prairie dogs beyond 600 yards with this scope, and I'm happy with it. Great weight for a hunting rifle, too.

I've owned 8 or so newer Weavers including the grand slam, euro slam, and tactical scopes. The 3-15 and 2-10 are great for the money. Not as much support as Bushnell or Vortex, but the scope is quite good. They all seem to track true, which shouldn't be a surprise coming from a company with Weaver's provenance.

i have the 3-15x50 edmr model. i like it it tracks. i would buy the standard mildot if i did it again because there are no half mil marks between the center of the cross hair and the first mil mark. i can dial it 1 mil right or left to get the half mill in my wind hold off area. i read a lot of people really talking up the glass on this scope. i was not as impressed as some of them but i am not saying the glass is bad. its like a video i watched earlier busnell 3.5-21 hdmr amazing clarity you can see bullet holes at 100 yards and i thought yawn that is about average. i can see 300 yard bullet holes with the weaver burris xtr and mark 4. i think the mark 4 has the best glass of the set followed very closely by the burris xtr then the weaver then the bushnell 2.5-16 tied with my monarch 3 scopes .i have i am waiting on my bushnell hdmr