• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Weaver Scopes

mkuehn537

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Can anybody tell me if weaver scopes are good. Looking for a mil/mil illuminated. any comments welcome.

Re: Weaver Scopes

I love, love my 3-15x50mm Weaver Tactical. It is proving to be very solid and repeatable. The glass is also very good for the money, and a marked improvement over the 4-16x Vortex PST I owned previously. There is some minor chromatic abberation , but no perceivable distortion from edge to center, and good resolution.

The locking turrets are a bit goofy, but nothing objectionable. They could actually come in handy if the scope needs to double as a hunting optic. The other detail about the turrets that doesn't get much press is the fact that they require no tools to re-zero. Simply unscrew the top, lift and rotate the turret to zero, and tighten the cap. And the great thing about the locking feature is that the turrets won't try to rotate and fight with you as you're tightening the cap. It's really a beautiful feature when re-zeroing.

I'm warming up fast to the EMDR reticle. Although I still like the Vortex PST reticle better, this Weaver reticle is much more useful than a standard Mil-Dot. And the red AND green illumination is a nice touch!

All in all, a dependable performer. The Weaver Tactical line is made in Japan, right along side some other higher-end brands. Buy with confidence.

Last week SWFA posted here that folks willing to pay cash could get this scope for $675 shipped. That's an unbelievable deal. I'd also give Scott and Liberty Optics a call about his prices.

Picture007.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Nice scope ,just got one . I was the OP about the price. ended up getting it for for $675.00 landed and used an AMEX card with no up charge . Optics planet price match's and lets you use a card.

I have the weaver tactical grand slam 3-10x mildot tenth mil target knobs no bdc. I love it for the price size and quality. Its on my 18" 6.8 hunting/field rifle and is perfect for my needs. The glass is pretty good, has firm some what audible clicks, has done well with fog and rain and is pretty duarble. I got it as an entry level scope but it exceeded my expectations.

I have the 15x Tactical mil/mil with the EMDR and it is a great optic for the price. It is built like a tank and adjustments are rock solid so far. Box test (check), return to zero (check). I like the locking turrets and the rubberish feeling coating on it. Feels durable and marks wipe right off with a little thumb action and nose grease. The first click on the illuminations (red/green) are usable, but anything over that get too bright for me. I'd actually like one level below the lowest power (just barely on). I'd recommend one for the price. I think they are a very good value. If they did this same setup in a 20x I'd be in for one of those too.

Edit: Note that only the 15x model is FFP with mil/mil. The 20x option is FFP (I think) but standard mil-dot with MOA knobs (not matching). I'd recommend the 15x with matching reticle/knobs over the higher power. YMMV

I own both the 3-15 and 4-20 weaver tactical. They are both great with the EMDR outperforming the premier reticle I had in my issue Schmidt and Benders. The mil to moa change on the 4-20 doesn't bother me too much. Once you have your come ups, they're pretty easy to remember. The quality you get for the price can't be beat. These scopes could easily go for 1,200 USD or more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the price they are very nice.

We have the them in stock and we will meet or beat anyone's price on them.

Mike @ CST </div></div>
I just looked, but didn't see them on your website???