• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver T-36 or Sightron II 36x or something else?

GentleBen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
www.mydyingbreath.com
Already own several higher-end scopes that go up to 25x ... but am also looking at fixed longer range target scopes for fun. It looks like the Weaver T-36x40 and Sightron II 36x40 are about equal in price ($375-425) and ability. Anyone owned one of these, opinions?, or another scope in that class to suggest.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have the sightron 36x40, tracks true, see bullet holes 100 yds,great glass, and the warranty is life time,even to the next owner. They say, if it can't be repaired they will replace it. I'm sure the Weaver is good too. I don't know about their warranty. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. :)

I have 2 of the weaver t 36 scope..Track great....Only thing is I think some days it is too much
as the mirage is tough to read.But I think that happens with any high power....

Gentleben, another option is IOR's 36x42 decent reticle, outstanding glass, decent review in accurate shooter.

I like my weaver t 36 great tracking and customer service is great had a problem with one sent it to them got it back in to weeks.

I've got the Weaver T-36 and the Sightron SII Big Sky 36x. I really don't have a preference of one over the other, they both track well and are plenty clear.