• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Weaver tactical 3-15 Illumination problem??

TRAAV

Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Claus IN
I just received a Weaver tactical 3-15 mil/mil scope yesterday and as soon as I turned on the illumination I noticed that the vertical axis of the cross hairs was brighter than the horizontal axis.
The vertical also has a great deal of bleed to the point you can't make the mil dots.
I have done a search and cant really find anyone that is having the same problem so I wondered if its just mine?
I love the scope and not sure that this is really a deal breaker but it just doesn't seem right to me.
I spoke with SWFA and they said they would swap it out for me so thats not the issue. I'm just trying to verify thats not how they all are.

Cell phone picture but you can see what I'm talking about
780199d8.jpg

Re: Weaver tactical 3-15 Illumination problem??

hey. just looked through my 3-15 EMDR in total darkness. ilum in both colors is totally sharp. dots stand out perfectly at all brightness levels. both lines have the same intensity. id def. send that one back in.

I had a bushy 3-12 that did the same thing on the horizontal line...

I will most likely send it back after coyote season because I don't want my Grendal to be down again!!!!

I just wanted to confirm that they weren't all like this (i was 99% sure they were not)