• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 or what else for around $400?

Twistid

I'm pilot, I can fly
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Code 3 to Hawaii
I can probably get one of these Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 #800382 for about $400 ( https://grabagun.com/weaver-optics-atk-800382-tact-3-15x30-mdt-mt.html ) unfortunately it's only that model number and not any of the others (like the one with 100moa of adjustment).

Considering if I should get that Weaver Tac or a Trij Accupower 4-16x50 mil-dot for about $500 shipped.

Also for consideration would be the Swampfox brand of scopes which seem to be decent but are also cheap Chinese. Rifle is an Aero M5E1 with the 18" 308 barrel. Trying to spend as little as possible but still want quality which if why I'm looking at that Weaver and Trij specifically.

Just bought this from Natchez

Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope - 3-15X50mm SF Illuminated EMDR Reticle 33.9-6.8' FOV 3.98" ER Black Matte

500+

Reactions: NewsShooter
Yes that one is about $550 shipped, when compared to lower priced Trijicon 4-16x50 it's not worth the extra couple of dollars for less performance. The one I'm specifically referencing is model number #800382 for about $400 shipped (3-15x50 FFP non-illuminated mil-dot reticle)

I can probably get one of these Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 #800382 for about $400 ( https://grabagun.com/weaver-optics-atk-800382-tact-3-15x30-mdt-mt.html ) unfortunately it's only that model number and not any of the others (like the one with 100moa of adjustment).

Considering if I should get that Weaver Tac or a Trij Accupower 4-16x50 mil-dot for about $500 shipped.

Also for consideration would be the Swampfox brand of scopes which seem to be decent but are also cheap Chinese. Rifle is an Aero M5E1 with the 18" 308 barrel. Trying to spend as little as possible but still want quality which if why I'm looking at that Weaver and Trij specifically.
The Weavers are dandy scopes, but lack zero stop and I believe are only 5 mrad per revolution.
If you are okay with that, they have a very good reputation.
However, have you considered the Bushnell Nitro?

The Weavers are dandy scopes, but lack zero stop and I believe are only 5 mrad per revolution.
If you are okay with that, they have a very good reputation.
However, have you considered the Bushnell Nitro?
I have not considered the Nitro, is it comparible to the Trij or Weaver?

There is nothing for 400 dollars that I would take over one of those weavers. I wouldn't spend the extra for the EDMR version. I was about to buy one, but they are not listed at 400 and listed out of stock.

I've said it many many times before and will say it again. Those weaver tactical 3-15 scopes are a lot of scope for the money. They are really clear and perform extremely well in low light. I used one extensively for the 2017/2018 hunting season during nighttime using only ambient light and it allowed me to see clearly.

I had one but a new to shooting buddy wanted it so I sold it to him.
It was the edmr version..that weaver is a beast of a scope, no zero stop and 5m per rev still a beast though.

Reactions: stello1001
Bushy nitro 3-12 mil mil with tree reticle is on sale for $250 with Doug at camera land

I have the edmr 3x15x50 with front focal plane on my 224 valkyrie , I bought three or four years ago from natchez it was on sale . It is a good solid scope and previously mounted on my 6.5 creedmoor . the 5 mils per revolution isn't that bad and the no zero stop is kind of a bummer , but the scope tracks well and the glass is clear . Im happy with it .

If anyone is interested, I have one of these that's only been through one sight-in. I'm going to sell it, I think.

Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope - 3-15X50mm SF Illuminated EMDR Reticle 33.9-6.8' FOV 3.98" ER Black Matte

I prefer the Nikon Black 4-16x50 that I have instead because I like it's reticle and glass better and it's a bit lighter.

That said, the turrets on the Weaver are preferable over the Nikon (and they lock, which is nice). If the Nikon had these turrets... money!

Can someone that owns this Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope - 3-15X50mm SF Illuminated EMDR Reticle 33.9-6.8' FOV 3.98" ER Black Matte tell me the close focus/ parallax distance? I would like one for a 22 trainer, so want 25 yard focus capability. Thanks

Can someone that owns this Weaver Tactical Rifle Scope - 3-15X50mm SF Illuminated EMDR Reticle 33.9-6.8' FOV 3.98" ER Black Matte tell me the close focus/ parallax distance? I would like one for a 22 trainer, so want 25 yard focus capability. Thanks
If you're only asking about the marking on the knob, it says 35. However, I don't recall if it actually went that much down low. I had two of them and went over old pictures. Pictures confirm the knob does say 35.

I was just at the range and could focus fine at 25 yards with mine (which is for sale see classifieds, haha).

I never considered using my Weaver 3-15x50 scope on a 22RF simply because the 5 mils per revolution - w/o a zero stop - is a recipe for disaster on a 22. And if I'm not mistaken, the #800382 has a mil reticle but MOA knobs, which isn't good either. I put mine on an AR10 in 7mm-08 Improved 30* that I built on DPMS receivers at least 10yrs ago, and since I seldom get it out of the safe - much less shoot it - anymore, the negative aspects of that Weaver scope don't bother me that much... The fact that Weaver was treated as poorly as a redheaded stepchild by its corporate owners is a real shame - they used to make some really good scopes, but Bushnell got the benefit of more funds for development.

I never considered using my Weaver 3-15x50 scope on a 22RF simply because the 5 mils per revolution - w/o a zero stop - is a recipe for disaster on a 22. And if I'm not mistaken, the #800382 has a mil reticle but MOA knobs, which isn't good either. I put mine on an AR10 in 7mm-08 Improved 30* that I built on DPMS receivers at least 10yrs ago, and since I seldom get it out of the safe - much less shoot it - anymore, the negative aspects of that Weaver scope don't bother me that much... The fact that Weaver was treated as poorly as a redheaded stepchild by its corporate owners is a real shame - they used to make some really good scopes, but Bushnell got the benefit of more funds for development.

Im not entirely sure about that product number that you posted. But they do have mil/mil. I know because I've had 2. And obviously, if they have a mil/moa, well we wouldn't buy it haha. But they do have 5 mils per revolution as you mention and no zero stop. The 6-30 model does have zero stop and 10 mil turrets.

Yes they have MIL/MIL MIL/MOA as well as 4-20 and 2-10 versions. They only have the standard mildot in the 4-20, and the 2-10 has a different reticle also. I don't remember what they call it. I would have to look on the box.

I think 800363 is the EDMR illuminated version with extra internal travel, and 300362 is MIL/MIL mildot version of the 3-15.

I screwed-up on the model # - mine is a 800362, which is the 3.5-15x50 w/30mm tube that has a mildot reticle & MOA turrets. The reason I wound up with it was because 15yrs ago, I'd just gotten my ffl, and was in a hurry to order one of the Weavers while one of my early suppliers had a special on them - I simply didn't take enough time to check Weaver's website to verify the specifications of the model I ordered. I do have a couple of the bigger 34mm 4.5-30x56 #800390 scopes that Midway had marked way down - it's quite a scope, though I've never been that impressed with the reticle.

800382 is the MIL/MIL Mildot version. Fedex just dropped one off. LOL. I was surprised they were delivering on Sunday evening.