• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tactical 3x15x50mm EDMR

Pointman308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2011
Idaho
I have read everything on the site I could find about this scope. I would like to hear from people who have had experience with the scope and would love to hear their impressions good or bad. It seems be a good tactical/hunting scope for the money. Thanks in advance to any who reply.

Re: Weaver Tactical 3x15x50mm EDMR

I got one for my shooting buddy. I read a lot of good reviews before selecting it. I think it is a great value for the price. Anything I like better is much more expensive. I recommend it in its price range. That's saying something, because Weaver is owned by ATK now, and I don't like giving money to ATK.
I bought it from Scott at Liberty Optics, and recommend Scott for any scope purchase. Excellent customer service.

Has Weaver worked out the problem with the turrets being out of alignment with the scope?

The turrets weren't out of alignment.
It was apparently a matter of the collar with the index line was sometimes off center.

I've had a couple. They do what they are supposed to. Glass is good. Illumination is pretty much to bright on the lowest setting to use at night. Track well. Clicks are a bit mushy but they work. All and all. Very good scope.

IMHO, the Weaver 3-15x50 is the best $700 entry-level riflescope on the market. After zeroing at 100 yards, I still have 19.6 mils of elevation utilizing a 20MOA base. Glass is good, tracks well, and it has always returned to zero. So far, I haven't run into the turret issues that other members are reporting. My only issue so far is the illumination. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Not a big issue for me as the majority of my shooting is during daylight hours. You will not be disappointed...

Been in the market for a long range tactical scope for my new .308. Spent weeks researching scopes here and on other forums. Finally came to the conclusion that FFP mil/mil was the way I wanted to go and bounced around between Vortex 4-16 PST, SWFA SS 5-20, Weaver 3-15 EDMR and the new Weaver 4-20 w/ mil/mil.

Just picked up a lightly used Weaver 3-15 EDMR here on the Hide this morning. In the end, the apparent quality, features, design, low price point, overwhelmingly positive reviews, and undeniable value offered by this scope cinched the deal for me. Will most likely spring for an SWFA SS 5-20 (or some other higher end scope) at some point, but just can't afford one at the moment. For less than $1000 (make that for less than $650...!!), this scope seems unbeatable IMO. Will post a review as soon as I have a chance to shoot it......

Just another option for a little more money is the Bushnell elite line. Personally I love them. I used them when they first came out and they were great but couldn't deal with the standard mil ret. they have since fixed that with offering the gap2 reticle. This is now my go to sub $1,000.00 scope of choice. I have two 6-24's and one 3-12.

I had one. When I reset my knobs to zero after zeroing the rifle, when I pulled the elevation knob up out of the locked down position, it would free spin. Tried swapping knobs, and played with it for a while trying to get it to not free spin when pulled all the way up. If I pushed it back down a slight amount, it would work as normal. I am unsure if it was adjusting the mechanicals when it would spin freely, but it caused the scope to lose adjustment. ATK gave me another scope, which I did not mount, I sold to upgrade.

It seemed like an ok scope, the glass was ok, clicks ok etc. just had a knob fail early with no abuse. But, it was likely a fluke as I've not heard or read about similar issues.

I bought one from liberty optics. When I got it would it not focus no matter what I did. Scot would not would take it back. He screwed me. Called manufacture and they wrote me a check for it, said they had been getting a lot returned and apologized. IMO they're in line with BSA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought one from liberty optics. When I got it would it not focus no matter what I did. Scot would not would take it back. He screwed me. Called manufacture and they wrote me a check for it, said they had been getting a lot returned and apologized. IMO they're in line with BSA</div></div>

Deleted. I was out of line. Apology offered to skep_tic1.

I just bought one with the mil dots and the moa adjustments. I needed a scope and was also looking at the Vortex. I went with the Weaver because of the number of good reviews I had read. (Doesn't sound like you could go wrong with either)

I really like mine, its sharp and clear and its every bit as good as the MK4s I have. Its built heavier thats for sure. I really don't care for the big bells on the front and would perfer the 42MM objective. But I guess thats the thing now so I can live with it. All around a damn good scope for the money!!

Love my emdr..glass is better than my VX-III. Turrets line up well. Tracks awesome. Love the open center in the reticle and the hallow mil dots. Way better than any BSA I have ever had, and any leupold under the mk4 er/t line.

I didn't go back and read that thread. But I do remember it. I did mention the focus problem then as well as the misalignment issue, tho possibly in different threads. I chose not to get a hate thread on Scott going at that time because that's not what I do. Plus, he had just lost his Premier franchise. The scope was horrible tho. It was compared to an IOR 2.5 to 10 that I bought new from Scot for $800 because it was the only other optic I had in the same price range so I thought it was fair.... "Duh".
I did realize tho that if you use Scott's name in a sentence with any other words than Jesus Christ that you have already lost. I'm out....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't go back and read that thread. But I do remember it. I did mention the focus problem then as well as the misalignment issue, tho possibly in different threads. I chose not to get a hate thread on Scott going at that time because that's not what I do. Plus, he had just lost his Premier franchise. The scope was horrible tho. It was compared to an IOR 2.5 to 10 that I bought new from Scot for $800 because it was the only other optic I had in the same price range so I thought it was fair.... "Duh".
I did realize tho that if you use Scott's name in a sentence with any words than Jesus Christ that you have already lost. I'm out....</div></div>

skep_tic1,

I owe you an apology and I'd like to ask you to forgive me for my post which I am going to delete. On top of that, I am a hypocrite because I just blasted a guy on ArcheryTalk a few days ago for attacking me for my opinion on a couple of bows which he disagreed with. Now just a few days later, I am doing the same thing to you here. Nice! I am truly sorry about that. No way was my post against you justified, especially not as sarcastically written. I also acknowledge that your scope could have been exactly as described and your experience with it and opinions are as valid and welcomed here as anyone's. No excuses from me. I was wrong. Also your dignified reply to my inappropriate post is a good example to everyone to keep this a constructive and helpful place for people to share information and learn without being attacked.