• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Weaver Tactical

BlackSS

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Is there any reason not to go with the weaver tactical line of scopes? There's not a lot of feedback out there, but what there is seems overwhelmingly positive.
They seem to be offering a lot for the price, the only thing really missing in my eyes is mil/mil and illuminated reticle. FFP for that price is great.

Re: Weaver Tactical

I have an older, non-30mm tube type and am very happy with it. I bought a used 700P and it had the scope on it. I planned on swapping the scope out, but really don't feel any need to. The glass is brighter than the MK4's I was looking at and it tracks perfectly. In low light, it's almost as bright as my Zeiss'. It would be nice if you could get it in Mil/Mil but it's not that big of a deal to me. I'm looking for a new scope for a new build and it's between a new 4-20 Weaver and a new Viper PST. Hope this helps.

I just checked with my dealer and he didn't have any available at this time through any of his distributors, but they did have illuminated mildots in their systems already. He said he could order one just so he could get a phone call when they're available, but for now, it looks like they'll be out fairly soon.

So they are coming out with an illuminated reticle version?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So they are coming out with an illuminated reticle version? </div></div>

It appears so. They're already in the system at my dealer's distributor. I don't know exactly when they'll be available though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Piston Pete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty sure the 800360 and 800362 are both NON illuminated.

http://swfa.com/Weaver-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes-C1815.aspx
</div></div>

are these illuminated ? </div></div>

In his quote he says they are NON illuminated. and he works at an optics store....
Self explanatory. Click the link and read the description.

what??? you think the weaver tac glass is better than MK4's and almost better than Zeiss? I thought it was decent but not what I would consider great or even that good. Its a good scope DGMR but the glass is decent.

I'd rather have a 4200 elite bushnell with FFP mil mil adjustments and an illuminated reticle... did you check those out?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badbowtie03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd rather have a 4200 elite bushnell with FFP mil mil adjustments and an illuminated reticle... did you check those out? </div></div>

i had a barska 8-32x50 on my win model 70 .30-06. a decent scope for what it cost. i started getting into long range shooting with that gun, so i tried to find out from barska what magnification i should use to range, and they never emailed or called me back. for that reason, i wont buy another scope from them. so, i took some different targets out to my range, and did a little math to find out that it was about a 1/4 mil off, even at the lowest power.

that said, i stopped at the gun shop the other day to see what they had in stock, and looked at a konus 6-24x4?, with illuminated ret, for 350. anybody had one, if so, how would you compare it to the SS 10x?

for $350 I'd wait until a Falcon Menace comes up for sale!!!!

I'd be interested in trying the Weaver a I've had good experience with them in the T-series and I know that as a manufacturer they can build a scope that will take turret twisting all day.
Reliability and repeatability are the two biggest factors in a scope for me. For example, I'd rather convert in my head on an moa/mil scope than have matching stuff that doen't work any day of the week!

Its been my experience that clarity in this price range (and even in the top price range) is subjective and may vary scope to scope.

What is the adjustment range on the new Weavers?

yeah your probably right about the clarity thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be interested in trying the Weaver a I've had good experience with them in the T-series and I know that as a manufacturer they can build a scope that will take turret twisting all day.
Reliability and repeatability are the two biggest factors in a scope for me. For example, I'd rather convert in my head on an moa/mil scope than have matching stuff that doen't work any day of the week!

Its been my experience that clarity in this price range (and even in the top price range) is subjective and may vary scope to scope.

What is the adjustment range on the new Weavers? </div></div>

I have one. The adjustments are 58 MOA of both windage and elevation. The glass is comparible to the Mk4, very clear. Better than my bushnells and nikons. Adjustments are very positive and accurate. I have 0 regrets about bying this scope. It has been great so far.