• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weigh in here on high end 6.5 CM factory guns...

The King

Back to the Range
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2004
    Florence, CO
    I am looking for a new 6.5 CM gasser. Right now it's between a larue predatobr with a proof barrel, the nemo XO, and a JP. I'm trying to keep it light for an or rig.

Second tier orr of my thoughts is a build on a Falkor set or an LMt MWS. I like the mws, but the crew served nature of the weapon is off putting.

If you can, save a few extra bucks and get a GAP 10. Best accuracy and reliability from a 6.5 gasser I have ever owned. Mine is a gen 1. I assume the gen 2 would be the same.

I gap 10'd back in the day. My stainless barreled mws of long ago actually outperformed it

I have a Larue and a JP in 7.62. They are both awesome performers and very accurate. But, if i had to give one up it would be the Larue. The JP is just more refined, polished, and tuneable to running suppressed or unsuppressed. I also love the side charging handle - charge it without taking your cheek off the gun and eye stays on target. Can't go wrong with either, but look at what Cal Zant wrote about the JP he tested: http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/07/22/6-5-creedmoor-ar-showdown/

I used to own a LaRue OBR in .308, which was accurate and reliable. However, it was a pig weight-wise and over-gassed big time. I sold it to build a 6.5 CM using a Maten receiver set and JP internals. IMHO, JP's stuff better suited for the 6.5 CM assuming they come with a tune-able silent captured spring system, a HP bolt with a smaller FP and a fully adjustable gas block. Their barrels are awesome as well .5 MOA with factor awesome in my experience, along with several of my friends.

Last year at this time I was in the same boat...looking into what to buy or build? After a LOT of research I decided to build on a Mega MATEN MKM keymod ambi receiver set over buying a factory rifle. If I had to do it all over again, I would do the exact same thing too. I put on a Proof Research barrel, SLR adjustable gas block, Magpul PRS stock, JP LMOS BCG with HP bolt, JP silent capture spring, Geissele DMR trigger and topped off with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 FFP scope. The build came out great and it has shot very accurately out to 1000 yards. For me, I wanted a rifle with all top notch components throughout the entire build that all worked well together and I feel I was able to accomplish that. Besides, no one was going to take greater care in putting it all together than me. ;)

Good luck!

JP

Well, I got a JP lr07 for $2200. Its finish was pretty beat up from a lot of time in the bush, but low round count. Some time in front of some cerakote is in its future.

Get a Seekins, it will run about $2300, it's a great gun and cheaper than Gap and JP. They're accurate. I own a JP lrp 07 in 6.5, a Seekins SP10 in 6.5cm, a Gap10 was ordered 8 months ago.

The wait sucks on the Gap, so I got the LRP07 from a buddy recently. Im thinking of cancelling the Gap 10 and just getting the SP10 re barreled when the factory barrel is done.

JP released a suppressor ready LRP07, it allegedly can be run with or without a can...and thy no gas block adjustment is needed when going back and forth.

I also have an LMT MWS, great gun way over gassed, but never had any issues.

You be happy with any of these guns. Personally if you don't have good glass, buy used and spend the money on glass.

Well, I got a JP lr07 for $2200. Its finish was pretty beat up from a lot of time in the bush, but low round count. Some time in front of some cerakote is in its future.

Congrats! Let us know how she shoots. And at that price, adding a cerakote job still leaves you with plenty of $$$ for ammo. ;)

I was lost about a year ago, searching for a high-end, accurate and reliable large frame gasser. I bounced through a few LMTs until I stumbled on a JP in 6.5. I cannot imagine a better rifle.

A beat up LRP for 2200.00, huh? I'd have bought it too! Great score.

I am looking for a new 6.5 CM gasser. Right now it's between a larue predatobr with a proof barrel, the nemo XO, and a JP. I'm trying to keep it light for an or rig.

Second tier orr of my thoughts is a build on a Falkor set or an LMt MWS. I like the mws, but the crew served nature of the weapon is off putting.
    Hi there! I’ve been looking around for reviews on Nemo rifles and this turned up... have you had any experience with the Nemo XO or battle light?