• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weight of factory Tikka TRG barrel

Smokerroller

Si vic pacem, Para bellum
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Sheridan, WY
I’m hoping someone has the exact weight of a factory Tikka CTR barrel they pulled off. I’m re barreling to a Lilja and want the weight to be right under 16 pounds. Lemme know, if you know.
Thanks.

3 pounds 8 oz. Almost on the button. Close enough that you could possible see an ounce difference depending on the barrel so just say 3.5 pounds. It was chambered in 6.5 prc so not completely factory but close.

Reactions: Smokerroller
they make two different CTR lengths. Also, it will vary by caliber…. So if its gonna be close, you’re gonna need to be more precise than that.

Between a 223 and a 30cal on a 24" barrel it's 0.2412lbs (3.85 Oz).
are you saying that’s a lot, or not a lot?

he asked for an exact weight. Up here, we have weight limits for hunting rifles, so you’d better be sure of what it weighs.

are you saying that’s a lot, or not a lot?

he asked for an exact weight. Up here, we have weight limits for hunting rifles, so you’d better be sure of what it weighs.
You brought up it varies by caliber. That's the answer. I did the math so anybody else could use that info in the future as well. That number also applies to any barrel that's 24". It doesn't account for the chamber though.

I know you've got weight limits. I'm next door. Also lived in Idaho for 2 years.

Reactions: trob
Thanks for all the replies guys. Looks like the Tikka/lilja m24 26"/bravo/USO/atlas cal will be close to 17.5 lbs which is what I am after with that one. My Tikka/proof carbon/XLR element magnesium/mk5 combo will have no problem being sub 12lbs. It will be the NRL hunter/nightforce ELR hunter div./ hunting rifle anyways so no problems there.