• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Weight of factory trg22 26 inch barrel

JvT_404

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2009
CPT in SA
Hi

I want to upgrade the factory barrel on my trg22 (26 inch version) to a new krieger 30 inch and I am contemplating contours in order to make weight. Does anyone know what the standard 26 inch factory barrel weighs? I would like to fit a 7 pound heavy varmint barrel but not sure if I will make weight for FTR....

Thanks
JvT

Re: Weight of factory trg22 26 inch barrel

If you are putting a 30 inch barrel on most of us go with a Palma contour. Not sure about your TRG but my R700 in a McM A5 makes weight with a Krieger 30" heavy Palma with steel Badger scope mount hardware, badger M4 BM, and a Sinclair V.3 bipod.

Thanks XTR - unfortunately I cannot get my hands on any palma 31 inch barrels at this time (I'm not from the US). But I can get my hands on a 31 inch heavy varmint Krieger
grin.gif

Just want to check that I won't have to risk the barrel by meddling with the profile or fluting it in order to reduce weight......

What does your rifle weigh now? and what is the contour? (Measure the muzzle)

Get a good weight on it. Not a bathroom scale weight.

It looks like your TRG weighs about 10.5lbs from the factory.

Add 4 lbs for your scope and mounts
Add 2 lbs for a pod

You have about 2 lbs to spare right now. I think it will be close. My 24# rock Creek #7 weighs in at right at 5 lbs and if your TRG barrel has a fairly heavy profile it will be close

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JvT_404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi

I want to upgrade the factory barrel on my trg22 (26 inch version) to a new krieger 30 inch and I am contemplating contours in order to make weight. Does anyone know what the standard 26 inch factory barrel weighs? I would like to fit a 7 pound heavy varmint barrel but not sure if I will make weight for FTR....

Thanks
JvT </div></div>

My TRG-22 26" barrel weighs 1.75kg (3.86lb)

Thanks for the help guys.

I figured the TRG barrel at 4 pounds, but it seems from Hammerhead's post that it is even lighter than I expected.

My factory trg-22 currently all-in (with scope, rings and Censhot bipod) weighs in at 6.3kg (13.9 pounds). Difference in barrel weight is 1.75kg (3.5-1.75) or 3.86 pounds giving a total estimated rifle weight of 8.05 kg or 17.75 pounds - phew that is close!!

Thanks for the help
JvT