• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Weight of Tikka CTR 20” w/ KRG Bravo?

.50 Cal Cow

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 10, 2011
    West Grove, PA
    Anyone with a Tikka and KRG Bravo ever weigh there setup?

Specifically interested in 18-20” CTR like profiled barrel configurations and with CTR bottom metal.

Rebarreling my Tikka to an 18” with light palma contour barrel and on the fence about keeping the factory stock or going KRG route. Primary purpose for this gun is short range woods hunting with as much range to be proficient.

Last edited:
    I can weigh mine tonight. CTR 20" 6.5cm in a bravo. I haven't even mounted the scope yet, so you can just add whatever your scope weighs.

Its hard to beat the factory ctr stock for hunting. The factory varmint stock would considering you get the raised cheekpiece and flush mags. I think the bravo is a step backwards if hunting is priority. If target shooting is the priority then I think the bravo is better for that.

I have a light palma coming for my tikka as well. 26” though.

Its hard to beat the factory ctr stock for hunting. The factory varmint stock would considering you get the raised cheekpiece and flush mags. I think the bravo is a step backwards if hunting is priority. If target shooting is the priority then I think the bravo is better for that.

I have a light palma coming for my tikka as well. 26” though.

Guess that’s the toss up for me. I like the feel of the factory stock (especially since it is already bought and paid for) but I’ve been told the KRG feels just like the TRG. I used to have the TRG and the thing was just so comfortable and fitting while range shooting any day of the week.

The toss up is my hunting rifles see the range for shootIng way more than the couple days a year rifle hunting season is for me so my thought process is that if the weight is only marginally more or the same as what it was is with the 24” barrel guns I might just opt for the more comfortable stock range shooting and deal with the couple of days hunting. The good part of range shooting the hunting rifle is that no matter which route I go I’ve got enough practice to be proficient the couple timesI go hunting.

Last edited:
    Guess that’s the toss up for me. I like the feel of the factory stock (especially since it is already bought and paid for) but I’ve been told the KRG feels just like the TRG. I used to have the TRG and the thing was just so comfortable and fitting while range shooting any day of the week.

The toss up is that I take my hunting rifles see the range for shootIng way more than the couple days a year rifle hunting season is for me so my thought process is that if the weight is only marginally more or the same as what it was is with the 24” barrel guns I might just opt for the more comfortable stock range shooting and deal with the couple of days hunting. The good part of range shooting the hunting rifle is that no matter which route I go I’ve got enough practice to be proficient the couple timesI go hunting.
    I have a TRG. The Bravo replicates it well. I had one for a bit but sold the rifle. I am guessing the weight is within 1lb. It will be better at the range no doubt.

I have several bravos and a TRG. They do not feel exactly alike. The bravo is noticeably thinner and lighter. I think my MCM A5 is closer than the bravo. The bravo is cheaper, and more easily installed and modified, and i like it, but ....I don’t think it “feels just like” the TRG.

I have several bravos and a TRG. They do not feel exactly alike. The bravo is noticeably thinner and lighter. I think my MCM A5 is closer than the bravo. The bravo is cheaper, and more easily installed and modified, and i like it, but ....I don’t think it “feels just like” the TRG.

That is good feedback. The thinner would actually be preferred as thinner grips work better for me due to the fact that my hands are just like President Trumps, small...

My next thought going at this point is I could just the bravo and use it for range shooting and swap the barreled action back into the stock come hunting season if I don’t think the Bravo would be as comfortable.

Last edited:
    That is good feedback. The thinner would actually be preferred as thinner grips work better for me due to the fact that my hands are just like President Trumps, small...

My next thought going at this point is I could just the bravo and use it for range shooting and swap the barreled action back into the stock come hunting season if I don’t think the Bravo would be as comfortable.
    He means thinner as in lighter, less rigid.

both. I find the stock to be narrower, and less rigid. I think it is sufficiently rigid and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hesitate to buy or use a bravo, I have. In fact, I would like to find a way to put a bravo stock and forend on my TRG to lighten it up a bit. But I will also acknowledge it does not feel as good as the TRG stock.

Updating thread with post for future information for others now that I actually have the barrel done and can weigh it with factory stock.

Weight with bartlein light palma finished at 18”, empty mag, NF 4-16x42 ATACR and NF UL rings came out to 10 lbs 1 oz.

Looking forward to seeing how it shoots, one word to sum up how it feels though is “handy”.

Attachments

• 47D68CA7-D851-4D44-8713-114AB2ABE966.jpeg
      47D68CA7-D851-4D44-8713-114AB2ABE966.jpeg
      334.1 KB · Views: 279
    Reactions: JJ3
    This is exactly what I have been considering. Can you provide more details and and results from the build?

thanks

This is exactly what I have been considering. Can you provide more details and and results from the build?

thanks

It’s an bartlein 8.5twist light palma cut down to 18”. It’s chambered in 7mm-08 nothing special on freebore. I’ve really only used 150gr ELD-X bullets with 8208XBR.

Have since put it in the manners prs stock with minichassis. Has been used past couple deer season with pretty good success.

9D04BD1B-5AD4-4C91-9C13-EBBCCE6CB484.jpeg
    3F4F5820-DC11-4F12-A6B5-9E97C6162A04.jpeg
    7B19653B-2790-4D10-A5DB-F096C02088D6.jpeg

Reactions: TomCr
    Shit, I thought I had dementia. Saw I responded 12 days ago, but I had no recollection of posting a response.

ooooh, 2 years and 12 days…..that’s a relief.

• Haha
    Reactions: 300rem7
    Shit, I thought I had dementia. Saw I responded 12 days ago, but I had no recollection of posting a response.

ooooh, 2 years and 12 days…..that’s a relief.
    Haha…thanks for the follow up. Looks like that has served you well.

What does it weigh now?
    Why the change to AICS mags?
    Is it still handy with the can at 18”?

I have a 16” 308 but have to run a brake and my can in the longer configuration (griffin optimus) which negates the 16” length. At 18” I can direct thread and pick up 100fps ish and loose 1-2” of total length.

Hence the question.