• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Welcome Home Soldier, From Underground Skunkworks

BlackOps Tech

Still The Head Skunk
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
This rifle was built for a returning Soldier and all 'Round Good Guy (RDGSHOOTER here on the Hide). The Specs are:

Badger M2008
Rock 11.25 Twist 5R, Chambered in .308 Match (Skunkworks Reamer)
Huber Concepts Trigger
AAC Muzzle Brake/Suppressor Adapter
KMW Sentinel Stock with Bottom Metal and AW Mag
Skunkworks Custom Made Pillar System for the M2008

Although I do like this stock, I had to deck and re-glass the top and bottom of the stock, bottom metal inlet and rear tang. The areas for the side bolt release, safety, ejection port and bolt handle were glassed and the stock was completely hand finished for a better fit.

Originally, the rear tang sat approximately .250" higher than the stock, there was limited access to the side bolt release and safety, and the bottom metal did not blend very well.

All in all a very nice stock, but I couldn't just bed the barreled action and bottom metal to it and let it go. After all the hand work, it was re-textured and shipped to Todd at Manners for the custom camo job. I shot a five shot .055" group with this rifle and my Dad shot a .062" five shot group. The returning Army Soldier worked hard for this while he was deployed and I was honored to build it for him....

mj8uhk.jpg

2lxe1yo.jpg

257j70j.jpg

33pafm0.jpg

311nozc.jpg

2aamr1d.jpg

2iafn1l.jpg

2ufuka1.jpg

343pzsi.jpg

Re: Welcome Home Soldier, From Underground Skunkworks

He won't ever see a better looking rifle either. Very nicly done.

mike you are putting out some of the nicest rifles i have ever seen!! truly beautiful rifle and very functional at the same time.

I love that rifle. I love the T5 too, the camo really gives it some character!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that rifle. I love the T5 too, the camo really gives it some character!</div></div>

pretty sure it is a sentinell stock from terry cross and mcmillan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler44</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that rifle. I love the T5 too, the camo really gives it some character!</div></div>

pretty sure it is a sentinell stock from terry cross and mcmillan. </div></div>You are probably right, I'm certainly no stock expert and it didn't look quite like any other T5 I have seen. I do like it!

they ar very similar designs and both great stocks i tried to get a sentienel for awhile but was to impatient so i have a t5a on the way as we speak, and i am putting in one of mikes beautiful new actions

You're on fire lately Mike - awesome build!!

beautiful, jealously sucks, I wish I could afford a rifle like that

Very nice. Green with envy...

Thanks Guys. I think I'll have a few more of these to do in the fairly near future....I spoke to Terry today and deliveries on the Sentinel stocks are running in the 12 to 16 week timeframe, which I believe is on par with the remainder of the components. I'm putting together package pricing, as everything to build this rifle was supplied by the Customer....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, you are killing me! </div></div>

Sorry Dude....More to come though....

Mike,

You build some of the highest quality and finest looking rifles I have ever seen. I am only starting to learn to build my own stuff, and looking at yours nearly makes me cry with all I have to learn. Great job, and a tremendous looking rifle!

Kudos

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You build some of the highest quality and finest looking rifles I have ever seen. I am only starting to learn to build my own stuff, and looking at yours nearly makes me cry with all I have to learn. Great job, and a tremendous looking rifle!

Kudos

Dave </div></div>

Thanks Dave....I really appreciate you saying that and after your first few rifles you'll fall into a groove with what works and what doesn't....Just take it one rifle at a time....

Looks awesome! I really like the paint scheme!

Mike,
Your work and taste is absolutely amazing. It seems like every time you post my dream rifle changes. Please keep up the wonderful work and thank you to those who served for this great country!

PC

That, is my new favorite build. Ever. I don't think the definition of "custom rifle" could be any more true to what is in this post. And could not go to a more deserving individual.

On a lighter note; lottery time....
grin.gif

Another great looking rifle Mike.

Mike,

You have been absolutely awesome to deal with. Helping my wife with everything regarding the rifle while I was overseas. The rifle is just amazing and I can't wait to get it and shoot it. I can't wait to see what you come out with next.

A really big thanks to you and my wife for all the surprises involved in this thing to.

Dane

Great looking rifle! Damm, wish I could get my hands on a KMW stock.

that is one very slick looking rifle.

well done on the build ,

and i'm glad it is going to someone who deserves it.

I don't say this often as I feel these rifles are meant for work purposes but that rifle is a work of art. I think hands-down the best looking rifle combo I have ever seen. KMW has had some beauties too but I really like the color scheme on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! I really like the paint scheme! </div></div>

Thanks Drew, Todd (at Manners) and I have worked on a few builds where we discuss what I'm looking for and he runs with it. He mixes shades and plays with the scheme until he nails it and I continue to be impressed with what he does....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PatrickChewing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
Your work and taste is absolutely amazing. It seems like every time you post my dream rifle changes. Please keep up the wonderful work and thank you to those who served for this great country!

PC </div></div>

Thanks PC and let me know when you're ready to move ahead with what we discussed....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That, is my new favorite build. Ever. I don't think the definition of "custom rifle" could be any more true to what is in this post. And could not go to a more deserving individual.

On a lighter note; lottery time....
grin.gif
</div></div>

Thanks and let me know when you hit the PowerBall....
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdgshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

You have been absolutely awesome to deal with. Helping my wife with everything regarding the rifle while I was overseas. The rifle is just amazing and I can't wait to get it and shoot it. I can't wait to see what you come out with next.

A really big thanks to you and my wife for all the surprises involved in this thing to.

Dane </div></div>

Thanks Dane and it was my pleasure to get this done for you. You owe Mandy a really nice night out and probably going to have to sign up for dance lessons for all the work she put in on this....
grin.gif

What a great looking rifle! Couldn't think of a better tool for a man that served our country!

Absolutely gorgeous, I love every rifle I see that comes out of UGSW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ishikawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a great looking rifle! Couldn't think of a better tool for a man that served our country! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You build nice shit. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!

I want one! </div></div>

Thanks Guys....and JRose, I always enjoy reading the direct simplicity of your posts....
grin.gif
Keep it coming....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats one hell of a nice looking rifle,
my compliments !

Pete </div></div>

Thanks Pete....I appreciate hearing that from a fellow professional such as yourself....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kthomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely gorgeous, I love every rifle I see that comes out of UGSW! </div></div>

Thanks and where in Montana are you?

Thats a truly gorgeous stick ya built... Anybody would be proud to own one and major props to the returning soldier. He'll be stoked to shoot it I'm sure!

Mike

Wow, masterpiece! Cant wait to see the next skunkworks build.

Mike -

Awesome work. I was finally able to shoot the Infidel I bought and it shoots as beautifully as it looks. Congratulations on another great build.

- Chris

Dane: Thank you for the work that you do.
Mike: That is one beautiful rifle.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes I appreciate it. Thank you for showing your support.

Awesome looking rig! Im sure he will love it

Good looking rig!

rdgshooter--Thanks for your service and thanks to all the other servicemen and women on the Hide!