• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well, finally, that problem has been solved!

I think Roman legionary blacksmiths and medieval English and Welsh bowyers have solved this issue during their respective times as well.

The Romans NEEDED a thrown spear to break, bend, or get stuck when they faced off against the ferocious Gauls and Germanic hordes infamous for human wave attacks against their shield walls. That way, the enemy could not throw the spears back at them, and they designed their pilums to function exactly this way. So advanced was the metallurgy and physics behind the pilum that after the western half of the empire fell, the technology was never replicated by anyone else, not even the eastern empire which continued to function...

But think of all the time I've wasted. Now what am I going to do in my free time?

He was working on the replacement for the Glomar Explorer and developed the Spaghetti Corollary so the claw wouldn’t snap this time snagging K-129.

Reactions: lash
They should have asked me. I knew this all along.
mr_know-it-all.jpg

Now I can be at peace…

Actually probably has some applications for barrel harmonics…. @John Baker

Sirhr

This explains why, when you are a know it all punk pushing over large (40-60') spruce trees with an excavator because you are in to much of a hurry to cut them down, the tops of about half the trees break backward and fall smashing the crap out of the expensive sheet metal coverings of the machine. It takes 3 hits to learn your lesson and then you have to listen to your boss and the equipment manager 'splain things in your face for a few hours, and you know they are right and you never do that again. Yes, I am sure of this.

Didn't they drop like 2/3 of the payload because of that break?

That is the currently accepted version of the operation. Watch "The Real Hunt for Red October". Definitely worth a few beers and 2 hours of couch time.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
This explains why, when you are a know it all punk pushing over large (40-60') spruce trees with an excavator because you are in to much of a hurry to cut them down, the tops of about half the trees break backward and fall smashing the crap out of the expensive sheet metal coverings of the machine. It takes 3 hits to learn your lesson and then you have to listen to your boss and the equipment manager 'splain things in your face for a few hours, and you know they are right and you never do that again. Yes, I am sure of this.

That is the currently accepted version of the operation. Watch "The Real Hunt for Red October". Definitely worth a few beers and 2 hours of couch time.

Thank you,
MrSmith
Or this;

Whichever version a person watches, the story is just fascinating........

Or this;

Whichever version a person watches, the story is just fascinating........

Yup, an amazing story. There are a couple of good documentaries on it. And I think Blind Man's Bluff goes into it.

I have a very nice print of the 'official' painting of Azorian. It's one of the best stories ever! And noone should ever have heard about it except for some craphat LA Times reporter. (or Wapo). Some shithead who could not keep his mouth shut. For 'truth and freedom of the press."

Yeah... except for covering up Biden's shit. And Hillary's And Kennedy's. And Roosevelt's.

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Yup, an amazing story. There are a couple of good documentaries on it. And I think Blind Man's Bluff goes into it.

I have a very nice print of the 'official' painting of Azorian. It's one of the best stories ever! And noone should ever have heard about it except for some craphat LA Times reporter. (or Wapo). Some shithead who could not keep his mouth shut. For 'truth and freedom of the press."

Yeah... except for covering up Biden's shit. And Hillary's And Kennedy's. And Roosevelt's.

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr
The thing that I liked about “Azorian” was the level of detail they went into. Swallowed me up…..

I think Roman legionary blacksmiths and medieval English and Welsh bowyers have solved this issue during their respective times as well.

The Romans NEEDED a thrown spear to break, bend, or get stuck when they faced off against the ferocious Gauls and Germanic hordes infamous for human wave attacks against their shield walls. That way, the enemy could not throw the spears back at them, and they designed their pilums to function exactly this way. So advanced was the metallurgy and physics behind the pilum that after the western half of the empire fell, the technology was never replicated by anyone else, not even the eastern empire which continued to function...

Very true!!@

Reactions: Blue Sky Country