• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wells Fargo

El Vaquero

Sergeant
Minuteman
If anyone else has had these problems please let me know.

I have an immediate family member who co-signed a student loan for another family member. The loan was over sue by a few months so te co-signer had to pay. He is up to date and is actually paying more than what he is suppose I to knock out he whole loan.

The problem is Wells Fargo keeps sending him letters stating he is late on his payments and in turn charges him late fees. He has called Wells Fargo several times and they continue to tell him he's late which he is not. After much frustration he went to the local Wells Fargo branch and spoke to the manager.

The manager made a call in front of him to the main student loan department and told them the problem and told them the customer was in the office. The call taker told the manager that they showed no late fees and that everything was fine and there would be no more late fees. My family member had the manager call again to make sure this was resolved. The manager was told that the late fees would still be charged because of late payments which was not happening at this point.

The manager explained they just spoke to another loan person and was told there were no more late fees. The manager was told the other call taker was wrong. The issue is still not resolved. I would appreciate any helpful feedback.

Re: Wells Fargo

Filing a simple small claims court suit should be enough to get their attention.

I read a site called Consumerist and people sue BOA and Wells Fargo (they're easily the two worst banks) all the time for this exact type of incompetence. Some pretty funny stories come back when the banks fail to pay the plaintiff as the judge gives the plaintiff a lien on the banks property. then the plaintiff and sheriff go to the bank and simply start loading up the banks office equipment. Seems to really grab their attention.

I've seen several stories like this but here's the first one I found:

http://consumerist.com/2011/02/philly-homeowner-who-foreclosed-on-wells-fargo-settles-dispute.html
<span style="color: #000099">
"As Consumerist was the first to report last Friday, the Philadelphia homeowner who made national news by not only winning a judgment against Wells Fargo, but also scheduling a sheriff's sale of the bank's property, was meeting face-to-face with the bank he'd embarrassed so thoroughly. Now he's confirmed that the two parties had reached an agreement. "</span>

fuck wells fargo. in the proscess of switching every thing to local bank. The last few years with bullshit fees and the all around fuck ups they have had i am done with those ass holes

Anything that your friend does, needs to be in writing or email. A paper trail is the only way to get things done, even if you have to go to court.

I sold a car to a guy and he got a loan through BOA. All of the loan paperwork and title work was done through the DMV and the loan officer. 3 months later, I get a "forced insurance" notice on the car that I had sold. I ignored it, thinking there was a mistake. The next month, I got another. I went to the bank and spoke to the loan officer. The buyer's down payment didn't have funding, so the loan officer opened my loan back up after the buyer did not come up with funds. They never sent me a letter, they never called me, but they did know there was no insurance on the car that I didn't have.
I had too many arguements with the bank and wound up in court. My "lien satisfied" paperwork and my letters to the bank officers and insurance company were the keys to my success. The loan problem was resolved, but BOA didn't do anything about my credit report. I had to send the credit agencies all of that info, the court decision and wait several months for my credit to get back to normal.
What a pain in the *ss.

Wells Fargo SUCKS. The company I work for does payroll though them, our checks are automaticly deposited in our bank, but once they had to give me a live check, so I went by Wells Fargo to cash it. Fuck they treated me like a second class citizen, wanted two proofs of ID, and a thumb print, surprized they didn't want a blood sample. Fuck them I'm not doing a finger print for some asswipe bank. They will NEVER have any of my business. I just took it and deposited in my bank no problem.

I had wells fargo and never had problems but then they kept switching all the requirements for accounts and I kept having to switch accounts so they didnt charge fees till I got fed up and switched banks

I have WF for my mortgage (they bought my paper) and a visa, and really have no issues with them. I can't speak for anyone else, but my payments have been on time and they have never fooled with either account.