• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Welp... my time has come. Horta’s last dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHorta

Nest-stirring pot-poker.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    I’ve gotten to know a lot of you here and over on ARF, many of whom have become personal friends. I have a terminal case of Hide Addiction, and appreciate Frank’s work keeping this site together — I know it couldn’t have been easy all these years.

It seems like things are becoming more toxic to the point where some of my longtime friends have been virtually bloodied for one reason or another, so I’m going to depart as “gracefully” as possible before I irrevocably push someone’s hot button and get shown the door in acrimonious fashion.

It has been a great privilege, brothers. Be good to each other and God bless.

I can respect this,

gracious, leaving on his own, vs asking someone to leave, explaining they are not welcome here and then having them come back online to push the limits and see how far they can push you.

I get it, but also, I have receipts, not to worry though, a revamp of the site would not be complete without a revamp of the NV section too

PS, before I go to feed the dog,

Do your friends really think you can effect my numbers by asking a few people not to visit anymore ?

I find it rather funny people think a few random members move the needle to any noticeable degree, weird. Someone always fills the gaps, ask me how I know.

Just wondering out loud, kinda like holding your breath until I pass out if you ask me ...

End of the Day I don't like bullies... so, later.

I’ve gotten to know a lot of you here and over on ARF, many of whom have become personal friends. I have a terminal case of Hide Addiction, and appreciate Frank’s work keeping this site together — I know it couldn’t have been easy all these years.

It seems like things are becoming more toxic to the point where some of my longtime friends have been virtually bloodied for one reason or another, so I’m going to depart as “gracefully” as possible before I irrevocably push someone’s hot button and get shown the door in acrimonious fashion.

It has been a great privilege, brothers. Be good to each other and God bless.
    What did ya buy an MRAD?

i will miss all the rich stuff.

fd6fc459-de95-4075-9e72-a17ca76715bd_screenshot.jpg

Reactions: deersniper
    People come, people go. After a time, you are forgotten like you were never even a part. Writing a forum suicide note is cute, but in the end we just shrug our shoulders and say. Okay? Bye? Like Frank said. It effects nothing.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I always wonder how these little internet discussiions and conflicts would play out in person, over drinks.

I dont know any of you personally but you seem like decent folks.

Typing into a screen can take the humanity out of a discussion. Its easy to cross lines, offend people, get offended, over react, disregarding others perspectives and generally not give a fuck. Nobody is perfect and the internet allows us to be the most imperfect egotistical assholes.

Anyways, @TheHorta been a pleasure. Sorry to see you go.

Last edited:
    In a case like this, I think a man should simply be taken at his word;

"It has been a great privilege, brothers. Be good to each other and God bless".

Best of luck to you in the future and the door is always open should you choose to come back. ;) :cool:

Im guessing "back door"?

• Haha
    Reactions: Eliteuas
    I always wonder how these little internet discussiions and conflicts would play out in person, over drinks.

I dont know any of you personally but you seem like decent folks.

Typing into a creen can take the humanity out of a discussion. Its easy to cross lines, offend people, get offended, over react, disregarding others perspectives and generally not give a fuck. Nobody is perfect and the internet allows us to be the most imperfect egotistical assholes.

Anyways, @TheHorta been a pleasure. Sorry to see you go.
    how dare you type into a creen. Thats it im out of here.

TheHorta had the sweetest gear! Just speculation, but i think he went back to his old dance troop to make $$$ for Military Grade Xray and thermal goggles.

California is more fucked up than anyone could have dreamed.

As I told some of the kids that used to work for me, if you think you'll be missed when you retire, quit, whatever. Just imagine a bucket of water with your finger in it, then pull your finger straight up and see what happens. That's how much affect your leaving will have on anything, a very small ripple and you're gone. Replaced before you know it, a few people will tell a story or two about you, then you're forgotten all together. If you think you're anything more than that, you're kidding yourself.

As I told some of the kids that used to work for me, if you think you'll be missed when you retire, quit, whatever. Just imagine a bucket of water with your finger in it, then pull your finger straight up and see what happens. That's how much affect your leaving will have on anything, a very small ripple and you're gone. Replaced before you know it, a few people will tell a story or two about you, then you're forgotten all together. If you think you're anything more than that, you're kidding yourself.
    Huh, this coming from someone i have never heard of on here. The op, will be missed. A lot. I enjoy his posts more than most on this board and others.

No idea what had been building over time behind the scenes and maybe we will never know but this is both a shock and disappointing.

The Horta and I recently spoke for a couple of hours and I enjoyed speaking with him. One thing we did discuss was his sense of humor which got him kicked from ARF. You either got it or you didn't, I did and I always enjoyed it. Like Skypup over on ARF (formerly here as well) and The Horta here both contributed a lot of info on gear that most of us could only dream of owning. I for one will miss his contributions and the one we will most likely never see, the one he spoke of doing earlier today.

Once my Voodoo-M arrives, I plan to have a 5-way clip-on comparison bonanza!

CRATOS
    UTC-X
    UTC-Xii
    TigIR-6M
    LWTS-LR
    Voodoo-M
    and Something “Special”
    and Something “Specialer”

I wish him the best and hope he does not try not to drown himself in a ditch again.

Last edited:
    I don’t know, don’t need to know and don’t want to know the underlying drama.

But... I get what Horta was talking about. There seems to have been a noticeable upturn in personal attacks over the last few months.

If you disagree with a post, great, engage in a mature, civil discussion/debate and those of us who are a lot less knowledgable will get the chance to learn. The wealth of knowledge here is vast and I find this to be a great asset to me and is one of the things that draws me here.

But if you just start calling someone an idiot or whatever because you dislike that person’s post, it doesn’t add to the discussion, doesn’t help us understand your viewpoint and certainly is much less likely to make us want to understand it.

Look, I get it. Times are stressful and we face unprecedented attacks on our freedoms. But let us not turn on each other.

Peace and blessings to all of you, my friends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.