• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Went to South Dakota

Armed Ferret

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2006
DPR Maryland
Those of you familiar with Framis a.k.a. oldman1942 (on the 'fire), I ran into a few of her close family last week.

Here we have the extremely rare, but wholly magnificent Bearded Ferret displaying two fine examples of why he comes to South Dakota:

BeardedFerret1.jpg

A fine example here of a couple hours' "hard work":

Netfull.jpg

Another rare sighting of this magnificent creature, displaying his day's nomnoms:

BeardedFerret2.jpg

Here we see the FerretDad attempting to claim that which he did not catch (although we'll let him think he did for posterity):

FerretDad.jpg

And now, a few short steps to South Dakota-style deliciousness.

Step 1: the cleaning station.

Cleaning1.jpg

Step 2: the breading.

Breaded.jpg

Step 3: the fryer.

Frying.jpg

(Step 4 is profit, of course)

And when enjoying massive amounts of walleye in South Dakota, one cannot forget the Pheasant tenderloins, wrapped with a couple jalapenos in bacon. It ain't a horrid way to spend an evening:

PheasantBites.jpg

PheasantNoms.jpg

Re: Went to South Dakota

And just cause I'm feeling nice, here's a few extras just to enjoy.

Sheephead.jpg

MuleyStareDown.jpg

Rainbow1.jpg

Beats the shit out of Afghanistan for the summer, that's for sure.

BTW, I know nothing about the "Sukut's Walleye Adventures" on the sign. I have a cousin here who guides, and I'm fairly certain that Sukut fella is another guide in the area. It's just a random hanging/photo spot a few steps from the front door of the house we stayed in, so we use it for photos.

And yes, I was able to secure a hook-up for pheasants, pronghorns, and mule deer. Probably won't make it back THIS fall, but next year I'm planning on massive amounts of bloodshed.
laugh.gif

Did ya get the cheek meat out of those walleye? Looks like a good time.

why would you even ask?

that's like asking a guy who just shot 3 young does if he got the backstraps and tenderloins, or just took the hams.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghogs Nightmare</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mmm that bacon, jalapeno and pheasant looks damn good</div></div>

No kiddin...it was friggin PHENOMENAL.

Definitely looking forward to getting back out there and bringing back a season's limit on birds, that's for sure.
laugh.gif

The bacon wraps down south we call hoopties we use any meat with the pepper and we add a dolip of creme cheese and wrap it up talk about make ya want to slap sumbody its so good.