• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Went to the range 77/22 went to shooting crazy groups

mrt949

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
My Rugger 77/22 is giving me fits it was average steel gun and silhouette .
I will hit out to 300 meters and hit a 10" gong with cci sv
Went and added a pic rail to mount a buy pod my accuracy went out the window
The 77/22 is a all weather the only thing i maybe putting stress on the receiver .
Should i float the barrel ?

Last edited:
Well talked to other shooters they said ditch the pod .
Too much flex in the stock that changes contact points on the barrel .
So we will see go back to what worked before bags
Went to the pod for other type of shooting .

My Rugger 77/22 is giving me fits it was average steel gun and silhouette .
I will hit out to 300 meters and hit a 10" gong with cci sv
Went and added a pic rail to mount a buy pod my accuracy went out the window
The 77/22 is a all weather the only thing i maybe putting stress on the receiver .
Should i float the barrel ?
I had a 77/22 Hornet that gave me a fit. I floated the barrel ( I thought ) I checked the barrel clearance it was good. But the forearm was flexing and touching off a rest and bi-pod. I took more out of the stock. Check gap when it is on the bi-pods.
Mark

Reactions: mrt949
I like my bipods...Harris and Sinclair.
But my factory stocks just can't deal with them being mounted out on the sling stud.
The springboard effect throws strays all over the place. What to do? Hmmmmm....:(

How do you stop stock flex when those factory stocks just don't have the strength needed? :unsure:

If there was some way to combine the steel barrel with the wood stock to create a composite structure.
It'd kill the flex and let me use my bipods without going boiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggg. o_O

If you can bed a receiver to stop movement, why not the barrel too? :cool:

N-AIAMSY-giS6XbCi4ISW2GdbUbueGbGFPqDeii2nzZdUGENlOtgqlRbh1vspSKPPQJVX-UO2f_fw_44LEL2CT8yaMGhFB0rIH9N5uLZiDQ3Y0ek5-lXODPBTIU84Mt4gs3aVw6TgH9ibZeVV4Vjh0qi-au9U1fj3va_AKsgK09S5AN96ZcaoGdtUzEdaxkYzTVhqlWO5Diwld9GwwISOW1VKFPH84eKLI5JN6dv9KOh13zio_fiFldQW3zGkO364YwEMe5ycg-XhDyE7P1DVpKGFtGXmEO2TaKgSuZhZqTSwT11Wtq-2fwjsB8t6BgRAvGIk95sEBtcrrt57YRySnTk-GgAFGblzXxkXK1LQQcwYpL-zZRATQjuyyboi3mUlBuveVGcmDAjT0wV4cb6MXKZJqt9ShvWGE59WvGzj9yH1dU8TZrDHkM3qS4JiCN1rBsWyvyL4sAZ3iaob3h0of_fFPxqHedUwPcIhpj0pVGaecHqKUfZgVBn2M6ALtcd0rz5m78n20SSH1vzGcGcJNTcxKAP22aR0LClYaa7gNrVB1oNxBF20G6fdu-SkTtjEQsUw1kNetEikl-ptd9J5FSJuqg04SIfgQqL6H-ZpBPi_QJknn2OcPbqyua8kKHR55OB74XKvet3yVaNJyxTs_zoYcm9RcYTnh9XixPXjdbCrXU4zah5nSexqQI82wcZPmVYD4qkNX66xnaPGMxvrT63=w360-h464-no

Or....go full barrel block rig...

That barrel ain't moving and that stock don't flex. :giggle:

767KjSrQBFXZb4fjVl_pbvXXWikISVHJPQzOZihL1u8hzhm-HJYpseN5AovUgzGof6YKer5wCAuRb0rZ0O_Lgshfdw6KofHzwt_HWj8VytsUgDvmgayzmRSXDHuc-z7HycSbY4DHez2oYIpP-pod38bDhAsZkwdnI9ED0NziciICTV1pqBGEbLSeHhhznANrz2khAxziFGTMznKlLe5K1JyHP0P4iH-cFzy_lL1OPjjiSY8CQzMqzx08263uW9v8uFYBj9d5NE1eIaPD0WuaA58ELMw4khp2RVmHr8wzjokN6eU61i5u6eV_hNwP1t6dmjDCFdyGdGx9fI2_Gzh1qYScLgr-x2eD2BMFwHEieE6hKnIKLf-6zIravnPshj4cWXMOF5wOd8dWXVCSBKyjizNt7vYoahogtlKl9t2JAhNKkANZNHD84Hy_4jzMDZPssMPPD7LxEuqSzcK08NA2wtol5FpYpFwlc6joqWWe07dh5mQY5flnkh0jmA7-ArjBFDSurvCvGFEnoyRbIyfEs9cjoWBlczRDcyhMqb_Dy3L7Wcevq-qOd5ncQhcT6F7Kx2vvskLujMQ4EwNEsEZEDZo3sSFMSHef6nBVZxSe6viKTIbwUoYbTBjhF4w2Sr7YFJ7gbuyF5myD-r4xI2wNuxrLnB3V9dPBqgJjJa-CUlgVcH_tXaRLujmCOG3p4ft717Vcd-3rCb6-QX_yvDk_3wD2=w495-h398-no

My rifle i a Ruger 77/22 all weather that the stock has ribs that you can't bed the barrel
The receiver on the all weather has no trigger guard so a different stock would cost to much
thinking about a different way to use the POD

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
My rifle i a Ruger 77/22 all weather that the stock has ribs that you can't bed the barrel
The receiver on the all weather has no trigger guard so a different stock would cost to much
thinking about a different way to use the POD

Mill slots lengthwise down the forend. Epoxy cut carbon shafts in to add rigidity. If you don't have broken arrows laying around, get the stiffest spine you can.

It's done quite often to fix that exact issue.

Before you go chopping on that stock, you may want to look at what those are selling for. A good condition 77/22 rifle with the zytel stock will easily bring 8-900 dollars. ive seen wood stocks for your rifle on numrich gun parts for as cheap as $100 and the trigger guard might cost another $50 or so. You will take twice that OFF on value if you start “modifying“ that original stock.

Reactions: 426nut and mrt949
Mine is fixed for now what it is I can hit 1/5 scale nra silhouette targets .
At 50,100,150 and 200 meters Today with CCI SV Ammo
now I am a happy shooter
PROBLEM SOLVED Had to Do some minor adjustments
10/22 Shooters should really look at this, they are notorious for damaging bullets in the magazine.

I had a 77/22 with a volquartzen barrel on it that shot 6” at 100 yards no matter what ammo I ran. Sold it and got a CZ.

Reactions: DFOOSKING
I absolutely love my 77/22’s. But I had to come to terms that the 77/22 can’t compete in terms of accuracy with the other big name bolt action 22’s like the CZ and Tikka and Anshutz

Reactions: mrt949
Went window shopping BARGERA $,1,000. CHRISTEN $795.00 CZ. $800 .. + Anhutz $$$$$$. RUGER RPR gave to kids
Seeing that I figured things out for now .CHRISTMAS IS IN THE FUTURE
I absolutely love my 77/22’s. But I had to come to terms that the 77/22 can’t compete in terms of accuracy with the other big name bolt action 22’s like the CZ and Tikka and Anshutz

it can if you throw enough $$$ at it

mrt949,
I’m interested in you’re progress as I’d really like to use my All-Weather in competition. This is my third, the first two were garbage, and I only purchased this one cause of the scope which is going on another gun. This one hangs with my best sporters, I only had to add bolt shims to cut out the fliers. The stock is so soft I can flex it to touch the barrel, so any precision work would necessitate a restock and bottom metal purchase.
What to do....

Floated the barrel just under the front screw .015 shim shortened the screw it was bottoming out on barrel
Work fine now this stock wasn't the original stock the original stock went for another person build .
mrt949,
I’m interested in you’re progress as I’d really like to use my All-Weather in competition. This is my third, the first two were garbage, and I only purchased this one cause of the scope which is going on another gun. This one hangs with my best sporters, I only had to add bolt shims to cut out the fliers. The stock is so soft I can flex it to touch the barrel, so any precision work would necessitate a restock and bottom metal purchase.
What to do....

Reactions: obx22
I forgot, I added a washer in the same spot for the same reason👍

My all weather is one of the best rimfire rifles I've ever owned....period. To include $1-3K customs.

This is what my truck gun does at 94yds off a pack and no rear bag. 1 low...corrected...then 5 in the head. Only mod is a timney trigger kit.
20210601_205344.jpg

I've seen plenty of meh ones for sure. But mine is awesome.
Screenshot_20211002-162320_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: mrt949 and obx22
Looks like my setup leopold 6x18 target scope .
I have a weigetenny pick rail to mount scopes and red dot .