• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Were can a guy get some Varget? Need some rounds for sniper school

SDTA

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2013
New to the Sniper's Hide. This site looks outstanding. My son and I are attending a sniper school in late June. I built him a 6.5 Creedmoor on a AR platform with a Krieger barrel. I will be using a Savage 10 FCP-SR. I need another pound of Varget to get my loads done. Does anyone have a idea were I can find some?

Thanks, SDTA

You should fill out your profile to include your location, someone may just help you out. If you're in Southwest GA / N FL area I'd sell you a pound

there's not a single reloading shop around me that DOESN'T have a ton of Varget.....have you been out to look?

Go figure, all the Varget in the land is down Tobacco Road...

I can think of 4 shops within 20 minutes of my house that are completely out of Varget, including one Cabelas and one Bass Pro.

we had a few months where primers would only come in 10k at a time...but that was still 1 or two times a week...but now, no problem. Hell, the 8lb varget jugs would sit for 2-3 weeks before getting sold. The two bigger places i get supplies (HG&H in Conover, and Ed and Dales in N. Wilkesboro for your NC people) have a metric SHIT TON of powder, bullets, and primers in every week

I have looked and everyplace seems to be out. I was just looking for some help to locate some.

If you want to drive to illinois there is a couple places south of shitcago that have varget including a local gun shop in morris. I was just there this morning and hes got 10 pounds.

Availability of Varget really is spotty. I ran into a bunch by chance in a local gun store in eastern NC last Saturday (REALLY Tobacco Road territory). On the other hand, IMR4064 is nowhere to be found.

Of the guys that have Varget could I buy a pound from you and get it shipped?

Availability of Varget really is spotty. I ran into a bunch by chance in a local gun store in eastern NC last Saturday (REALLY Tobacco Road territory). On the other hand, IMR4064 is nowhere to be found.

There a a few 8 lb bottles of IMR 4064 here:

IMR 4064

Last edited:
And they let you buy all of them? They have a 1 pound per SKU and 200 primers per SKU limit in Gillette...
I wish I had the funds at the time to buy all ten. Nope no limit to my knowledge. If I brought all 10 pounds to the check out it might be a different story. They had a 500 primer limit back when they got BR2's instock, but that limit is gone now. Now they have neither.

Wow, Menomonie is not a common place. I have been hunting there, as a friend has a small farm up there. I sure did enjoy the Cady cheese company. If you were nearby, I could help you out with a pound.

Sorry I live in Menomonie Wisconsin.

I have looked and everyplace seems to be out. I was just looking for some help to locate some.

Have you checked Recob's Target shop in Prairie du Sac 800-359-4571? I would give them a call. You may have to make a trip down there to get it but it's worth a shot.

Of the guys that have Varget could I buy a pound from you and get it shipped?

The person shipping needs to be a HazMat shipper. You can't just toss it in a box and send via UPS. Well you can, but if something happens, you will be paying for all the lost packages.

Were you said buddy. Thank you. My son is stationed at Camp Douglas and will pick it up for me. They let me pay on the phone to hold it. Sweet! A couple more pieces to the puzzle and we will be ready for the school.

No problem! Glad it worked out for you. The people at Recob's are awesome to deal with. If you ever get down that way they have a lot of goodies in their store that they don't stock online.