• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Were these guys all aiming at the same target?

3PER

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2010
USA
From 25 feet away at a target pinned over the convicted killer's heart?
2akigsl.jpg

Re: Were these guys all aiming at the same target?

That was on purpose to get the best results from hydrostatic shock
grin.gif

Shooter One: "Dudes, shoot just a little left, I'll shoot right center, you shoot left center, and you shoot right. Make sure we hit at least 2 to four inches apart so we can see teh biggest splash when wh shoot!"

Shooter's Two, Three, Four, and Five: "Oh man, this is so GONNA ROCK!"

You just beat me to it, was wondering if it was bullet richochet off the spine (Right two holes are keyholed) or just bad shots.

They say they practice a month in advance, likely it's just bullet deformation/glancing off an organ or spine.

The target was dead center from the artist rendering. They say over his heart on the news though

Why aren't the holes bloody? I would think the wood would have absorbed some blood and not be white...

It got the job done....that is all that counts.

I didn't see the setup but at 25 feet I'm sure the guys weren't standing shoulder to shoulder. So if they were staggered and some werent shooting straight on, it would make sense that some rounds were not centered.

Not shitty shots at all. The heart is like 3" wide at best, four shooters (18") spread (12") standing side by side 18" - 12" - 18" - 12" - 18" - 12" 18", add in the distance and do the triangulation, give some option for bullet deflection, and what you see is about normal.

As close as they woulod have been to the target and the room for each shooter horizontaly that's Likely. Each of the shooters had a signicantly different angle than the others. I would bet those rounds crossed on the front side of his chest.

Not to hijack the thread but...

Huskey!! Where you been man!??

there were horizontal slits in the wall the shooters were behind so probably a couple feet apart from each other. So even if all the bullets hit the target at same point there would be some spread on exit. I also read they started shooting on 2 from a count down of 5-4-3-2.

OMFG so much discussion cause of one execution. This "capital" punishment is a joke either do it fast and effective or just drop it. I mean MONTHS preparing, 25 FEET!!?!?!, convicted felon HAS RIGHT to CHOOSE the way he dies....

Dunno just seems wrong on many levels, i find justice dealt by family of victims (practices by some ragheads) more fair, you kill lefty member you get freebie natural selection...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boris, no long time for stupid lawyer, we shoot NOW!"
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Then we keel Moose and Squirrel!

HA! You heard the exact voice in my head when I wrote that qq!
I wonder what that Felon felt when the bullets striked. I already know what the shooters felt...recoil.
I wonder how many will have 'issues' now or later from that shot

If I had been one of the firing squad, I would just have gotten myself in trouble cause I would have plugged him right in the forehead and then gone home and slept like a baby.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I wonder how many will have 'issues' now or later from that shot </div></div>

If memory serves correctly,they have five shooters on the line.One of them is loaded with a blank(none of the shooters knows who).That way theres always the thought that "i shot the blank".

I watched a documentary on a guy they executed back in the day in Utah in the same manner.

So someone else would have to load all the rifles? Makes sense why they would do that, I just wonder how.

I have shot blanks, you know if you have a bullet or a blank so that theary is a bust. Kinda makes sense on paper but not so much in practice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blanks/Live, very different in how they feel when you fire them. No blank will ever mimic a live round in the way it feels.
That <span style="font-weight: bold">Theory</span> is bust </div></div>

They didn't use a traditional blank. They used an "ineffective round" that is supposed to provide identical recoil as a live round.

I don't find it that easy to decide if i'd participate in something like this (as states executioner that is). I think that letting family members of victims to decide AND carry out the punishment is fairer. IF they have a stomach/beliefs/wish to kill they should do it themselves if not felon rots in prison (convicted by trial of course). As far as methods i'd leave few standard ones and thats that.