• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing West Texas Aoudad Hunt Success

mulie_mike

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
West Texas
www.westtexashuntorg.com
Just got off of an Elk hunt, hauled *** home unpacked re-packed and headed to the Rancho Consuelo for our first Aoudad hunt of the "season". Tyler (guide) was already there for half a day with Andy and Al (clients) and they got on a few aoudad but no shooters. We paired up and I was with Andy that afternoon and I decided to take him back to the "honey hole" part of the ranch, as we were driving in we got on a group of 8 rams all about 26" to 28" but no mass so we passed. We set up on the protein and not 20 miutes later his old ram came in and that was all she wrote. I didnt even get a chance to unpack yet!

Got the cape taken care of that evening and now it was Al's turn. The morning started off slow with a higher 20's ram missed and just about the time we were going to call it quits I spotted a lone ewe up under some shade and just had the feeling that there were more there. Al was hard of hearing and eye sight wasnt the best so it was hard to get him on the ewe just in case something else came out. During all of this a younger ram comes out of the brush to "check" the Ewe and right behind him a nice ram came crashing down the hill to run the little guy off- we couldn't believe it! We were now in a rush to get Al on the ram so I took his gun got the crosshairs close to the ram and he did the rest. The shot rang out and the hill side turned brown with a large group busting out of the brush, once they topped the hill Al's ram was laying a short distance away from the first shot.

All in all a great hunt once again with good people.
www.westtexashuntorg.com

an2.jpg

an4.jpg

an3.jpg

Re: West Texas Aoudad Hunt Success

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks like fun! how much does something like that cost? </div></div>

Self guided hunts start off on the economical side at only $700 up to $1400 with our prime ranches in the $1800 to $2000 range. Guided hunts $1700 to $3495 just depending on the ranch (half a dozen plus to choose from).

Nice rams. Out pf curiosity what was the horn length? Dont know alot about judging a aoudad.

Looks like a hell of a good time, you keep showing these pics and I'll be forced to do a little hunting with you fellers! Are these hunts free range?
Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gknutson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rams. Out pf curiosity what was the horn length? Dont know alot about judging a aoudad. </div></div>

First ram was 28inch/29inch on the other.
Second ram was just a hair over 30 on both horns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a hell of a good time, you keep showing these pics and I'll be forced to do a little hunting with you fellers! Are these hunts free range?
Thanks! </div></div>

yes, thats what I specialize in (Free range fair chase hunts)

Crap, looks like I'm the dipshit. I just read your sig line.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crap, looks like I'm the dipshit. I just read your sig line.
laugh.gif

</div></div>

Lol. No worries, come on out sometime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a220stw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
what counties do you do your mule deer hunts? </div></div>

Hudspeth, Culberson, Presidio and a little bit in Jeff Davis, Brewster, and I have some connections out in Terrell county as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got to get Aoudad on my list. </div></div>

Well come on out and lets get er done!