• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing West Texas trail cam!!

ejd049

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
Ft Worth, Texas
Saw this on another site. I thought is was going to be pics of illegals!!

"Trail Cam Pics - Not what we were expecting
Seems Texas bear sightings are on the rise.
Edwards County (almost Kinney Co.) 30 miles S. Rocksprings"

bear2.jpg

bear1.jpg

Re: West Texas trail cam!!

There are more out around that people aren't aware of.

they are even seeing them in east texas from what i hear

sweet! I just hunted that area last week. so that means you can shoot them like any exotic any time since they are not native. gotta love texas. how about a hunt for axis deer, and aoudad and black bear all in one weekend in the hill country.oh and lets throw in a mountain lion also. only in texas, all for a $48.00 lisence....

We've seen bears multiple times in multiple counties in East Texas. The locals call them honey bears and its widely known that they are present. We have seen cougars as well. Twice we have had them sitting outside our campfire about 30 yards out at night. We have watched them with thermal just laying either on a log or the ground watching us tail twitching. We think they are eyeing the hog dogs but who knows. They have never bothered us so we don't bother them. We have also seen red wolves and have trail cam pics of jaguarmundi. Personally I have never seen one, but friends of mine who live up there have seen for decades what they call black panthers....maybe jaguars or cougars...I don't know. I have seen some trail cam pics of big black cats but honestly can't identify just exactly what they are. They are out there in far greater numbers than people think.

That is way cool! I've seen trail cam pics of a jaguar in NM

friggin worthless bastids (bears) is everywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kimmel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet! they are not native. gotta love texas. how about a hunt for axis deer, and aoudad and black bear all in one weekend in the hill country.oh and lets throw in a mountain lion also. only in texas, all for a $48.00 lisence.... </div></div>

I thought they were native to TX and last I checked you couldn't hunt them. Has that changed?