• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Western KS Muley '13

kskevin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2010
Cincinnati
Took this one during the 2013 KS rifle season. The area has been a productive one as he was taken within 200yds of the bucks shown in the other two photos (2010 Muley and 2013 Whitetail where i guided my good friend on his harvest just two days before I took the muley). 168g Berger out of my GAP 280 Ackley (thanks George) performed the 'negotiation' on this deal.

Attachments

• IMG_6000 copy.JPG
    IMG_6000 copy.JPG
    922.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4499.JPG
    IMG_4499.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5995 copy.JPG
    IMG_5995 copy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Nice deer,I love chasing those big muley's.

Nice job, great animals. You hunting in the east or west unit?

Congrats! Those are three fantastic bucks. I got to hunt KS muleys for the first time this year. It was a blast, and I could not believe the number of quality bucks we were able to find. I missed a really big buck and ended up killing a decent buck on the last day.

Are you a KS resident, or have a lifetime license?

Grew up in western KS and my family farms about 4000 acres there. I was raised working on that farm so i know the land and several surrounding land owners very well. I bought a KS lifetime license when i was in my early 20s and, wouldn't you know it, i moved out of state a couple years later and have been out of state for about 20yrs now. Best damn investment I ever made. They treat me like a resident. No annual general hunting license and I can deer hunt for $30 (vs about $400 for an out of state license).

I have been contemplating gaining residency so I can buy a lifetime and then move back home. The mule deer hunting is that good!