• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Western Pa/Ohio

Re: Western Pa/Ohio

Anyone north of the burgh have a place to shoot over 1000? My 338 LM is wanting to stretch his legs.

I just bagged this buck yesterday morning at our farm.
IMG_0241-1.jpg

i see how it is.... i make a post to get pa guys together and no one says any thing... allot of you guys live all around me haha

dpreston....Nice buck...and glad to see a another fellow PSU fan...Where about are you in Western PA? I'm pretty close to PA from where I live...

Any one want to hook up for a fall shoot day. ? Just tog et out and meet up, either go to range, or we can tryt o set a day to shoot at the farm, reach out to about 400. Other wise, we can bench shoot at a local range. ? i belong to clariton sprtsmans, with 200yds, and east mon with 300yds,

PM if interested

dpreston, nice buck man.

rwg818, just say when. ill see if i can get off work and come out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAZ_0157</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dpreston....Nice buck...and glad to see a another fellow PSU fan...Where about are you in Western PA? I'm pretty close to PA from where I live... </div></div>

Greenville.. Halfway between Erie and pitt. Right on the Ohio line.

im looking to shoot all the time. Im by the international airport. Anybody here a member of the McDonald Sportsman club? Im trying to join but need a sponsor. They have a 500yrd range i believe. PM if you ever want to shoot. I log on a few times a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im looking to shoot all the time. Im by the international airport. Anybody here a member of the McDonald Sportsman club? Im trying to join but need a sponsor. They have a 500yrd range i believe. PM if you ever want to shoot. I log on a few times a day.</div></div>

There are a couple of us here that are new/probationary members at McDonald, so we can't sponsor anyone until next year if/when we get voted in. However, we can bring guests to shoot for a couple dollar fee and they have steel and target stands out to 620 yards from what I've been told.

figures i would find this out when i move away from the burgh. i used to live right down the road from mcdonald in oakdale.

Hey fellow Hiders,

A good friend of mine and myself are trying to plan a hunt for modern gun season in Kentucky or Pennsylvania, for this season 2010. We thought we would be able to hunt with another member in Kentucky, but unfortunately those plans fell through. We are back to square one without much time to get a trip planned.

I've done my research on both states and both have decent numbers not far from the Ohio Border, which is where we would be coming from. If anyone can chime in and point us in the right direction towards public or private hunting lands I would be most grateful.

We are also trying to do this hunt on the cheap, but I would be happy to share the spoils or even deliver some targets if anyone is willing to guide or help us out.

Thanks!
-Ryan

Big Dog Steel
www.bigdogsteel.com

-Edit- Archery hunting would work too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAVEN34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">everyone ready for bear season. </div></div>
get anything raven?

Mcdonald Sportsman club is not closed. When Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club closed the Mcdonald Club got HAMMERED with application requests. Now they only accept applications in October of every year. And they only accept like 20 people a year. Its a very frustrating place. Every time I call there nobody is ever nice to me. At this point I dont think I would even want to join because of the way the place runs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAVEN34</div><div class="ubbcode-body">everyone ready for bear season. </div></div>
get anything raven? </div></div>

nope didnt see a single thing. but i seen one on the first day of buck season. go figure

Im from Apollo area. Anyone near there? We have a place we shoot a old strip mine we can get out to about 1000-950.

Im looking to get out asap. Just made up some new handloads. I would love to go after some coyote or groundhogs...or punch steel. 1000yrds would be awesome. Im free this week. Apollo is about 45min from me. Thats not too bad if I can get out that far. What is the terrain like? Are you shooting across valleys, or is it flat?

I'm in Monaca, north of the 'Burgh in Beaver county. My range only goes to 100 yds but, I may have an in on some land a buddy is acquiring. If it works out, there should be enough room to shoot out to 1200 yards.

I've bever had the chance to shoot past 100 yards, I'd love to shoot my Rem 700 at a longer distance. I live in Robinson near the mall.

im looking to shoot this weekend. I would like to get out past 200yrds if possible. If I cant find somewhere to go, then I will be going to the public range up in wexford to adjust my zero a little bit. anybody interested?

Ive got an apartment just south of butler, I'm heading over to thunder valley in Ohio this weekend for a long range shoot if anyone is interested

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">im looking to shoot this weekend. I would like to get out past 200yrds if possible. If I cant find somewhere to go, then I will be going to the public range up in wexford to adjust my zero a little bit. anybody interested? </div></div>
I can't stand that range sometimes.. Some people just have no idea what they are doing and I feel like I'm going to "accidentally" get shot. Someone yells clear waits for some more clears then you hear someone shoot. Just grinds my gears.

I shoot at a small club and the range is only 100 yards.

But I would be interested in attending gathering.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWG818</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where here. who wnats to set up a shoot. </div></div>
I'm game

Pm me, see if we can set somthign up. we can shoot a local range, or try set a date for a shoot at the farm.

I live in Parker PA its like 30 min NE of butler and about 20 min west of clarion right off of I80 on the Allegheny river. I have a few places to shoot maybe up to 600 700 yards but I'd love to find 1000 for my new .50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyArms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been told it is well woth it to trive to TVp as well, so if your thinking of making the trip let me know too, i spoke witht the owner about a week ago, its 10$ to go shoot and there is steel from 200 to 1000, i think thats what he said, </div></div>

Rayners is $10.00 per person for the day to shoot with no membership fee. TVP is $30.00 if you're not a member and $20.00 if you are. Membership is $50.00.

We shoot quite often at Rayners at all the matches and usually a couple times a month in between. Be more than glad to have others join us or get a group together and spend the day. They have the 200 to 1000 yards and TVP has targets to a mile.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We shoot quite often at Rayners at all the matches and usually a couple times a month in between. Be more than glad to have others join us or get a group together and spend the day. They have the 200 to 1000 yards and TVP has targets to a mile.

Topstrap</div></div>

I wouldn't mind taking you up on that if the offer is open to others. Didn't get out nearly enough last year but already getting fired up for this one but need to get some good dope together.