• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

We've lost a good man...

Victor N TN

Retired civilian fart
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2002
Knoxville TN
I woke up yesterday when the telephone rang. It was our oldest daughter telling us that a dear friend had passed. I had known him since he was a little kid. I worked with him on weekends when I went to work at the county ambulance service. But here's his obit from the funeral home.

Jonathan Sartin - age 48 of Lenoir City passed away suddenly Monday morning, April 29, 2013. Jonathan graduated from Lenoir City High School in 1982 and began his law enforcement career.

Jonathan worked as a part time deputy for the Loudon County Sheriff's Office for approximately four years until he was hired by the Lenoir City Police Department in 1988 as a patrol officer. He remained in that position until 1992 when he become the K-9 handler for LCPD. Jonathan was promoted to the position of detective in 1997 where he remained for sixteen years.

He served Loudon County in many secondary duties over his career. He worked as part time dispatcher for Loudon County 911, an E.M.T. with Loudon County EMS and a volunteer with the Loudon County Rescue Squad. Jonathan was also a long time member of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #21.

He had a passion for youth sports, serving as the Lenoir City Youth Baseball Commissioner for the past ten years and an umpire for approximately twenty years. Jonathan also worked with TSSAA as a referee for football.

Thanks guys. He had an emergency appendectomy last Thursday. Then he sprang a leak Friday night and they had to do a blood transfusion. They let him go home Sunday around noon. His family found him Monday morning around 3am. He had untold amounts of pain through the years. But when he passed it must not have been too bad.