• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s that blue shit on screws

Bridgebuilder34

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2021
CA
I notice this blue shit on the screws that usually come with an optic/rings/mounts etc. what is it? I get the dremel with a wire/brush attachment and clean it off.

Attachments

• IMG_5229.jpeg
    IMG_5229.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 67
Don't try to remove it. It's a threadlocker that is reusable known by various trademarks like Torq-Patch. You shouldn't need to use any additional threadlocker.
Is that rubbery blue stuff available to consumers? It just seems more practical than the liquid threadlock commonly found.

Is that rubbery blue stuff available to consumers? It just seems more practical than the liquid threadlock commonly found.
Like @spife7980 said, the closest product available to the consumer is Vibra-Tite VC-3. The pre-applied factory screws are a nylon paste or powder on flux that is baked on. I did happen to find an industrial product that worked well, but it's not common and expensive.

I find it hard to believe that someone who builds bridges does not know what a threadlocker is..
Well home depot has youtube videos explaining how to use tape measures and hammers.....so there's that.

Reactions: lash
Now I understand why there are so many idiots on a pistol forum complaining about their red dots or mounting plates coming loose

I would have thought that men wouldn't find assembling simple things a challenge but I was wrong.