• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s the trick to get a CZ 457 bolt knob off?

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
I used a heat gun on it and no luck. Wasn’t sure how much heat it can take. I did not disassemble the bolt.
Suggestions? Thanks.

Try a soldering iron for direct heat.

It's got loctite on it. Wrap it in rubber and spin it off with a set of channel locks or vice grips......you don't need heat.

Reactions: ryankuhn
Combination of leather, bolt body as leverage, and heat. It’s slathered in threadlocker under there.

Reactions: JKW70
I have a heat gun that you can set the temp on. I believe I had it at 640 and it spun off easily after that.

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 10.35.45.png

It came off with more heat.
Yea, I used a torch (with the flame pinpointed on the ball) when on the last 4 CZ 457 knob upgrades. Not enough heat to get anything glowing but enough where you know the locktite turned to powder. That said, when you use heat, it can make the leather wrap/rubber jawed tool a little tricky to do. Truth be told, I've ended up scratching more than a few of the knobs removed. I really don't care though. A replacement factory knob can be had for $10 and It's not that I would ever put one back on .