• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s up with all the “fuel filters” on Facebook?

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
474BD44C-56ED-4428-BE36-BC4A9909649E.png
I see at least one ad a day for a “fuel filter” that is plain as day a monocore suppressor on Facebook, 1/2-28 & 5/8-24.

Obviously this is illegal AF to screw on a firearm. Obviously this is their target market.

What’s the deal here?

I don't do FB, but if I did, I'd drop warning bombs all over the place.
Intentional entrapment or not, there will be at a minimum, ignorants/innocents that get busted and used as fodder by the media to further stoke Anti 2A rhetoric.

Per Hermosa's post above, how many of those "happy switch" buyers are going to end up blowing their brains out because they will fully load up their first mag to try it and won't be able to handle it. It'll all be over before anyone had the slightest chance to know what was happening. The only reason there might be any rounds left in the mag is that the shooter was dead/released the trigger before he hit the ground.

Lots of bad gas. You can legally build your own Suppressor. Just have to file proper paper work. Educate yourselves.
We know. We also just want the "solvent trap" producers to call them what they are: A suppressor kit you have to get a Form 1 stamp to complete. Skirting the rules only gives further fuel to the gun grabber's arguments.

As said above, building a suppressor at home is not illegal in most states. File the paperwork, pay the tax, wait t the month or so for your stamp, build your suppressor...

Lots of bad gas. You can legally build your own Suppressor. Just have to file proper paper work. Educate yourselves.
Problem is that the people buying these I doubt are the form 1 types. My guess this cheap knock off china parts are being sold to cheap asses with their cheap shit guns and buy these with a wink wink and a giggle to their buddy.
there was a video posted by a guy on youtube not too long ago that bought a bunch diesel fuel filters for legitimate fuel filter use and alphabet Soup showed up on his door step.

100% don’t be fooled, big brother is watching every single person that buys one of those and will likley show up at your door.

Reactions: JLP83
Problem is that the people buying these I doubt are the form 1 types. My guess this cheap knock off china parts are being sold to cheap asses with their cheap shit guns and buy these with a wink wink and a giggle to their buddy.
ther.

Good. Maybe Unregistered MGs will be come commonplace too.

Worked well for the Stoners for everyone to ignore that law

Reactions: Jgunner
Good. Maybe Unregistered MGs will be come commonplace too.

Worked well for the Stoners for everyone to ignore that law
Couple problems there, it’s not a cause that the left wants to pass

it’s a crime they can throw the book at the mean bible thumping gun clinging Republicans

Couple problems there, it’s not a cause that the left wants to pass

it’s a crime they can throw the book at the mean bible thumping gun clinging Republicans

They can’t arrest everyone.

If police actually upheld their oath it would be a non issue

I have the bs tax and paperwork on all my stuff Doesn’t make it any less bs and unconstitutional

Reactions: madppcs and Jsp556

Per the ATF, to build a suppressor on a Form 1, you have to be in possession of your tax stamp before STARTING your build. Unlike an SBR, ANY part of a suppressor is considered THE suppressor for the purposes of legality...

Educate yourself 👍

A few years ago I stumbled across a YouTube video on making a suppressor out of a Maglite flashlight. Looked to be pretty straightforward and not some cobbled up piece of crap. Of course, I was always afraid to go back to it for fear of the big black Suburban showing up at my place. I didn't want my curiosity to get me on some kind of watch list. But, I'm probably already on one.

Oh fuck off, without skirting the rules we wouldn't have hardly any goddamn gun rights left.

Its funny how 250 radical left politicians can control 100 million gun owners, why haven't we used them to fight wars to disarm our enemies ?

Reactions: deersniper
They can’t arrest everyone.

If police actually upheld their oath it would be a non issue

I have the bs tax and paperwork on all my stuff Doesn’t make it any less bs and unconstitutional
I don’t disagree at all

Had that shit showing up in my feed as well about a month ago. Blocked it all, wish I could have made a comment while blocking.

You completely missed my point. Don't dance around the rules, attack them head on. Don't call them solvent traps, call them suppressor kits.

Well I agree with that I guess. I was just saying that without the skirting we wouldn't have braces, binary triggers, (wouldn't have had) bumpstocks, and stuff like that.

Reactions: whiskeytower
Well I don't know all the particulars about this but I know a guy that got his form 1 for a make shift suppressor and carries the paperwork with him.
It was for a 22lr .
Fun to shoot and did the job pretty good.
And by the way NO ATF has ever showed up at his door. Hmmm they must have had a rookie ok the stamp that day?

Possibly entrapment, but more likely just a bunch of Chinese sellers looking to make a quick buck.
Chinese sellers is all it is.

I have two that I brought from Aliexpress, drilled out with a lathe and use one on my S&W 15-22.

Can't complain for $16NZ ($11US) to my letterbox.Goning to buy a couple more with a 1/2-20 thread to try on my bolt actions.

No restrictions on suppressors here, except you need a (free) import permit if buying from overseas.

Well I don't know all the particulars about this but I know a guy that got his form 1 for a make shift suppressor and carries the paperwork with him.
It was for a 22lr .
Fun to shoot and did the job pretty good.
And by the way NO ATF has ever showed up at his door. Hmmm they must have had a rookie ok the stamp that day?

If you buy components that you can't see through (or, more accurately, you can't shoot through), and then do the paperwork before drilling holes, it's highly unlikely that anyone will visit.

We just kicked this around in a similar thread a few weeks ago; the short story is I've yet to hear of anyone getting in trouble for anything short of a complete, assembled suppressor without the correct paperwork. There have been some nasty "constructive possession" shenanigans with SBRs, but every illegal silencer story that I've come across has involved someone who went far beyond any "fine lines" that might exist.

Reactions: GONE BAD
Here in Australia, if you order one, when it arrives in customs they confiscate it, then send a couple of ABF (Aust border force) agents and a couple of federal police to our house to confiscate your firearms and charge you with importing a controlled firearm part.

You guys should have went to war when you could. "It's for the children" suckered you all. Now you have a police state with zero tools to do anything about it.

I want to get a form 1 and order one. My best guess is that they're too complete for that to work though.

Either an ATF trap or dumbasses who don't care about law abiding citizens and after a cheap buck. And when the left figures out what these are it will be one more argument for more gun control. NFA sucks. But it is the law. And 'getting around it' is violating the law. Either pay the $200 and get a form1 to make your own, or be ready for the chance one day someone with a badge ask what you have there, and that $200 will seem like a small pittance compared to the legal fees and prison time.

And for the company selling them, if they are this shady up front, do I really want to buy their product to put on a gun? What happens if the 'solvent trap' causes damage to the gun, will they pay for the repairs? Will they still be around after the ATF raids their business?

It's the online equivalent of "Go directly to Jail, do not pass GO, do not collect $200."

It's a great way to screw over the NFA... and to create an excuse to go after stupid people who buy them.

Don't go near this crap...

Sirhr
THIS!!!!!!!

A few years ago a local little guns store I frequented quite often all of a sudden had "solvent traps" in their display case.

I walk in one day and the owner says "hey look what we got" "comes with drill bits and all parts center marked"

I told him don't even get that fucker with in 10 ft of me.

He goes off on some bullshit about if it is manufacturered in your state and doesn't
cross state lines then the feds can't do anything.

I respond with, "you are fucking dumb, and who told you that bullshit"

He responds with "the guy making them"

Well of course, he says that. The guy making them was all over FB and he got hit hard by the ATF, about 2 weeks later..
ATF raided my local gun store with about 10 guys in full riot gear. This is a small store that basically only has room for about 7 people.

I saw the owner about 2 weeks after the raid. He was humbled and lucky to not be in jail.

When ordering use your neighbors address as the ship to address to see if its a trap or not, let him deal with the ATF.

As fun as it could hypothetically be to order these for all the Antifa / BLM members you could find, the problem is that most likely you'll get ratted out by whatever payment processor you are using even quicker than the part ships from China.

I mean at some point we got to get organized. I can I put a pistol brace to my shoulder, or cant I? When will that rule be changed? Will we be told?
so many archaic rules and Blob-like bureaucracy! I bet everyone of us on this board commits a gun "felony" at least once a month! If not more!
There needs to be some organized, peaceful, civil-disobedience...IMHO.

I mean at some point we got to get organized. I can I put a pistol brace to my shoulder, or cant I? When will that rule be changed? Will we be told?
so many archaic rules and Blob-like bureaucracy! I bet everyone of us on this board commits a gun "felony" at least once a month! If not more!
There needs to be some organized, peaceful, civil-disobedience...IMHO.

We're probably all doing it right now without even knowing. The problem is the law isn't written by the legislature it's dictated through unelected bureaucrats.

If I were to be made king for a day I'd kill off Chevron Deference. That's the thing as conservatives we should be trying to attack the hardest in government. Period.

THIS!!!!!!!

A few years ago a local little guns store I frequented quite often all of a sudden had "solvent traps" in their display case.

I walk in one day and the owner says "hey look what we got" "comes with drill bits and all parts center marked"

I told him don't even get that fucker with in 10 ft of me.

He goes off on some bullshit about if it is manufacturered in your state and doesn't
cross state lines then the feds can't do anything.

I respond with, "you are fucking dumb, and who told you that bullshit"

He responds with "the guy making them"

Well of course, he says that. The guy making them was all over FB and he got hit hard by the ATF, about 2 weeks later..
ATF raided my local gun store with about 10 guys in full riot gear. This is a small store that basically only has room for about 7 people.

I saw the owner about 2 weeks after the raid. He was humbled and lucky to not be in jail.
What a bunch of jerk offs. Can’t just do the search warrant when the last guy walks out and locks up for the night.

Nah gotta do a ninja raid and pretend they are are in Iraq even though they didn’t have the balls to sign up for the real thing and they know a gun shop owner isn’t any threat.

Amazing how well they track this shit and have been missing child trafficing until lately.
I know the ATF isn't in the pedo business btw.
Fed dollars and priorities.

R
Gotta keep the tax slaves in line. plus an easy shake down for the Just Us industry

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I 100% agree with calling things what they are and skipping over the passive aggressive BS and going straight to the head on attack but .......

I can see how it would be a huge headache and pain in the dick to regulate and restrict the shipping of "suppressor kits" or "solvent traps" only to people who have a valid form 1. Even if the vendor asks for a copy of a Form 1 before shipping, how does that vendor know that particular form 1 has not already been used on a different "solvent trap"?

At least they'd have had a form 1. The whole thing is stupid anyways, the Republicans suck for not doing the HPA.

ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Solvent Entrapment device. Become a Federal Felon at your own risk. Sure do it as an act of civil disobedience if you like and are willing to pay the price. Most people are just penny wise and pound foolish--Don't want to spend $200 but will risk losing all their guns.

I'd gladly pay $200 or twice that even if I could do form 1s where I am. That said, I don't like the idea of being databased like that either tbh which is the real detractor. It's unaviodable but at the same time why get into the top tier of being databased which the NFA is IMO. Looking at land in better states. Need to get with that program.

What a bunch of jerk offs. Can’t just do the search warrant when the last guy walks out and locks up for the night.

Nah gotta do a ninja raid and pretend they are are in Iraq even though they didn’t have the balls to sign up for the real thing and they know a gun shop owner isn’t any threat.
The owner told them the same. Geez just come in and ask. Also you know how you get shot, run into a gun store pointing guns at people.

Anyway, thier answer was 2 fold. One they know everyone in a gun store has a gun so they draw first. 2nd they want to secure the place so some guy in the back does not start destroying paper work.

Well here’s my random thought for the day on this. I’m paranoid about this stuff just like most of you. I feel like there’s someone watching every purchase and word typed, but the other side doesn’t seem to give two shits.
Antifa members using all forms of social media to organize their riots, rioters not concerned about being photographed lighting cop cars on fire, and soccer moms calling for civil war if Trump fills a SC vacancy.
Here we are worrying about a solvent trap targeted add on one of our gun websites. I understand why we’re paranoid about it because justice is never equal.
I guess it shows how law abiding this group really is. There’s drug deals going on all over social media, prostitution, pedophiles, human trafficking, etc and we believe an entire wing of the ATF is watching you through your camera phone when you click on a legal metal tube that can become a muffler for a firearm.

Reactions: Wheres-Waldo
The owner told them the same. Geez just come in and ask. Also you know how you get shot, run into a gun store pointing guns at people.

Anyway, thier answer was 2 fold. One they know everyone in a gun store has a gun so they draw first. 2nd they want to secure the place so some guy in the back does not start destroying paper work.

In the corporate world they would have done a "dawn raid" typically that means that they just come in go we want the paperwork, take what they can and leave.
Well here’s my random thought for the day on this. I’m paranoid about this stuff just like most of you. I feel like there’s someone watching every purchase and word typed, but the other side doesn’t seem to give two shits.
Antifa members using all forms of social media to organize their riots, rioters not concerned about being photographed lighting cop cars on fire, and soccer moms calling for civil war if Trump fills a SC vacancy.
Here we are worrying about a solvent trap targeted add on one of our gun websites. I understand why we’re paranoid about it because justice is never equal.
I guess it shows how law abiding this group really is. There’s drug deals going on all over social media, prostitution, pedophiles, human trafficking, etc and we believe an entire wing of the ATF is watching you through your camera phone when you click on a legal metal tube that can become a muffler for a firearm.

The people who bought the full auto Glock parts off Wish got visits from the ATF; Some the moment the parts arrived via mail. Yeah they're probably watching your stuff and even if they aren't they can get warrants for the source to get the info they want.

It just goes to show that the "Law" is pretty much used these days mostly to put the boot to the neck of otherwise law abiding, freedom loving types to keep them firmly in the compliant tax slave category.

Just like the FBI and their armed dawn "Raid" on roger stone with the media in tow... for "misleading" the ones who were actually proven to be lying all over the place. The FBI gets actually caught lying and falsifying court documents and legal papers and guess what... oh nothing... Hillary... Biden.... All their ilk??

You notice the ATF doesn't really seem all that interested in felons with guns or criminal use of guns or criminal distribution of guns when it's ANTIFA/BLM doing the crimes.

Perhaps one day the other side can be shown how it feels...

Maybe one day the good people stop worshiping this man made god of "Law" and instead start being interested in actual justice, fairness, freedom and honesty.

My point was more along the lines of “ why aren’t they using those resources to take down the people actively destroying property and organizing riots than the guy that bought a legal metal tube that might someday become a gun muffler”? Also, the main reason a guy would actually go the solvent trap route is because the government has mandated ridiculous hoops for a gun muffler. If my state allowed me to buy $1000 Ti suppressors like I do a scope, solvent traps would never be a thing.

Also, I follow the law as close as I’m capable of. I unload my coyote gun every stand because it’s against the law to have a loaded rifle in the truck in Illinois. I just assume some cop or game warden is going to throw the book at me every time I go night hunting. That being said, the other side doesn’t seem to give a shit about these pesky laws.