• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s up with all the “fuel filters” on Facebook?

It’s also Facebook. What have you been searching for recently?

^^^This, only ads relevant to recent searches show up. Facebook, Apple, google are always listening and know about every keystroke and website you visit on your phone.

@Wheres-Waldo Your online profile is getting more complete.

Go watch Netflix documentary "The social Dilema" and thats the part they admit to.

I mean at some point we got to get organized. I can I put a pistol brace to my shoulder, or cant I? When will that rule be changed? Will we be told?
so many archaic rules and Blob-like bureaucracy! I bet everyone of us on this board commits a gun "felony" at least once a month! If not more!
There needs to be some organized, peaceful, civil-disobedience...IMHO.
I'm in California, everything is a illegal. Even without buying anything new we are inadvertently in violation of more and more BS on almost a yearly basis.

Well here’s my random thought for the day on this. I’m paranoid about this stuff just like most of you. I feel like there’s someone watching every purchase and word typed, but the other side doesn’t seem to give two shits.
Antifa members using all forms of social media to organize their riots, rioters not concerned about being photographed lighting cop cars on fire, and soccer moms calling for civil war if Trump fills a SC vacancy.
Here we are worrying about a solvent trap targeted add on one of our gun websites. I understand why we’re paranoid about it because justice is never equal.
I guess it shows how law abiding this group really is. There’s drug deals going on all over social media, prostitution, pedophiles, human trafficking, etc and we believe an entire wing of the ATF is watching you through your camera phone when you click on a legal metal tube that can become a muffler for a firearm.
We are law abiding because we have so much to loose. We get up, go to work, live the American Dream so to speak with a wife, kids and extended family. We don't want to give any of that up and really just wish everyone else would do the same.

The low lifes want to burn shit to the ground because they don't fit in and everyday fall further and further behind their peers. The only way they see catching up is to burn it all down to make us all equal.

My daughter dated a guy when she was 19 who was 24. He still lived in his parents basement. his mom still washed his clothes, made his food etc....
He worked some $10 an hr part time retail job, and was content because it required very little effort and had very little risk to it.

I never really liked the guy but I tried to help him and explain that he was 6 years behind kids he went to school with who either went to college or went to tech school to learn a trade. That everyday they were getting a day a head and he was getting a day behind. I told him hell, he was falling behind 18 year olds everyday.

I used my own daughter as an example. at 19 she was done with her second year of college. She earned most of it in high school.

It just never sunk in. The reason why was obvious to me. He was scared of failing, He had never been required to get out of his comfort zone.

I think his plan was to suck off my daughter. But she dumped him when she realized he was never going to carry 1/2 the burden of life.

These are the people who see no other choice but to riot, do drugs, break laws daily. They feel they are the victims and we have some how done this to them.

Last edited:
When I go to the range and shoot, the only person whose hearing I give a shit about is my own. I wear my hearing protection, and I figure it's the other guy's responsibility to provide his own. It's right there in the range rules.

I lost 90% of my hearing in the left ear while out hunting because some asshole thought it was OK to fire a ported 12ga shotgun right next to me while we were taking the trail to our stand.

If you think you want a silencer (I don't), then do it by the book, or I hope you go to jail for fucking around with the laws all the rest of us have to obey.

None of that nudge, nudge, Bobs your Uncle shit... I ain't buying any of that crap.

Greg

If you think you want a silencer (I don't), then do it by the book, or I hope you go to jail for fucking around with the laws all the rest of us have to obey.

Wow. I don't condone breaking the law and I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who knowingly fucks around with NFA violations and finds out the hard way how hard that the ATF enforces those laws, but I also don't actively wish to see someone get 10 years of Fed time for playing with an intrinsically harmless muffler. Taking a drill press to some freeze plugs hurts absolutely no one (well, assuming that the drill press is operated properly), and your hearing loss is a good example that *not* using suppressors is potentially far more harmful and maybe that's the behavior that we should be tightly regulating.

You could be right...

But the law has a reasonable process already established; and folks who brazenly break the law deserve to feel the full weight of it, IMHO, as I have in the past.

After awhile it gets to where you get tired of being trampled by assholes who think the law is for someone else.

If you don't like the law, change it. If that's impossible, move out of the jurisdiction. If that's not possible, that's why the framers put in the 2nd Amendment. I'm currently at stage two of that process.

I fully respect your opinion.

The guy who did it to me was my former SIL, and it was my fault that my hearing PPE wasn't up and running. I got what I deserved, but I wasn't the only one at fault in all of that, either. Hunting with silencers was (is?) illegal in NY State.

Greg

Here's a recent NFA conviction that popped up in my news feed:

Note that this was an FFL who had multiple machine guns and short-barreled shotguns on his premises... and that's after getting caught two years ago with record-keeping violations. That's a far cry from getting caught with a Chinese "fuel filter".

I'm not defending the ATF, but it sure looks like the preponderance of violations are not entrapment but rather stupid people playing stupid games.

Reactions: IrishWind
Just a heads up... I've held one of the NAPA Specials and disassembled it. It was never drilled or made into anything resembling a functional suppressor. It was a rattle can. The space between the baffles and the tube probably measured a tenth of an inch. They're 6061 aluminum and likely thin enough to bend the edge of the baffles with your hands. If you were to form 1 the thing, you'd wind up with a .22lr can with a .338 bore, maybe bigger. Otherwise I'd bet my left nut you'd have baffle strike issues.

Can it actually serve any function as a fuel filter? Cause I can't figure out how it would function as a suppressor.

Just a heads up... I've held one of the NAPA Specials and disassembled it. It was never drilled or made into anything resembling a functional suppressor. It was a rattle can. The space between the baffles and the tube probably measured a tenth of an inch. They're 6061 aluminum and likely thin enough to bend the edge of the baffles with your hands. If you were to form 1 the thing, you'd wind up with a .22lr can with a .338 bore, maybe bigger. Otherwise I'd bet my left nut you'd have baffle strike issues.

Can it actually serve any function as a fuel filter? Cause I can't figure out how it would function as a suppressor.

I thought it would be a chuckle to have the ATF show up at someone's house and have them go into a tirade about the fuel filter requiring special adapter fittings, leaking like a sieve, not being properly made (a hole missing for through flow) and their carburetor plugging up because it didn't filter anything. Then again maybe I'm just a weirdo.

I thought it would be a chuckle to have the ATF show up at someone's house and have them go into a tirade about the fuel filter requiring special adapter fittings, leaking like a sieve, not being properly made (a hole missing for through flow) and their carburetor plugging up because it didn't filter anything. Then again maybe I'm just a weirdo.

That'd be hilarious as long as there were no kids present. I like to think the ATF agents would laugh about it too. Probably not though...

Fuck em, I hope they are selling these items by the millions. Its never going to end with all this (just follow the law) when more and more laws are written every day further tightening the noose around us (Free Americans).

Isn’t the real question how much and how well, with all The paperwork included of course.?