• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s Up With the Punctuation ? Anyone Else Notice ?

jakelly

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2011
    Norman, OK
    Why are ALL these posts suddenly showing up with the punctuation spaced after the word? It isn’t happening to everyone, just some accounts. It’s not like a fat finger typo or something, because it’s that way top to bottom.

Here is an example of what I’ve noticed : the punctuation is offset by a space . I’ve seen my talk to text do this when driving , sometimes it corrects , sometimes not , but I have never seen talk to text do it here . Is that what it is ? Are guys all suddenly using talk to text ? Is there a glitch or an update quirk with some TTT programs ? Is it AI ? What say you , because it’s everywhere now ?

It's the Commies.

Or it could be aliens.

Nothing I can think of , feeling fine . Thanks for the concern though .

I guess speaking the truth could be taken as rude , it hurts tender feelings .

Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw leaving Philly for NY Port Authority Deputy Chief of Security job . In her farewell address showing balls bigger than Mike Obama she says , gun violence and crime down .

She needs to take Krasner and Kenney with her .

I don’t mean grammatical errors, misspelling, or omitting words, that’s all normal. I mean the specific pattern with the punctuation being spaced off.

Look here at Nagantguy, it goes back and forth, like it’s been edited.

my area of Michigan was hit by a series of tornadoes last Wednesday- from F1- some claim F3s - with winds in excess of 110mph. Just north, next little town had 5 fatalities some from cars being sucked off the overpass and thrown into the woods . It was a 140-150 mile wide storm front .
    Most now have power restored we got ours back last night .
    There are literally millions of trees down, thousands of homes damaged wide spread flooding and miles of high tension lines down and poles gone .

At dawn the next morning I was out to check on the peoples I care about that I couldn’t get a hold of - cell towers down, one text I received after the storm took 12 hours to show up.
    The first person on my list was a dear old friend - 78 years old and lives alone . When I got to his little farm he already had the mules out and was using them to drag trees out of neighbors driveways and off the road .
    We’ve been cutting years worth of fire wood this week.
    But back to the story - my community that I love living in and am proud to be a part of - the week was filled with neighbors helping each other - strangers helping each other . I’ve even heard two stories about people letting complete strangers shelter in their house - it happened so fast 9:50 pm they issued tornado warnings and the first one was on the grin my county at 9:55; .
    It many not be devastation like Maui or Florida this morning but it’s as close as I’ve ever seen. Reminds me of the hurricanes I experienced in North and South Carolina. And in MI that just doesn’t happen on this scale
    Stores that had generators were open and no price gouging that I’m aware of - many stores giving away water - many local communities had water supplies contaminated- some areas - the city of Canton got 10 inches of rain in 2 hours .

As corrupt and broken as my state is unfortunately becoming out here in the farm county people still care about their neighbors and I saw people towing cars out of ditches and fields - people helping people hook up or fix generators- a local mechanical service did small repairs and easy hook ups for free - a week is a long time to be without power !
    A local furniture maker handed out free donuts and water and coffee at some of the stores they supply merchandise to.
    No looting no theft - no price gouging.
    I knew I could count on my group of neighbors as we are always there for each other to see the same across the grain belt of my state and even in small and midsize towns was fantastic.

That is absolutely a fact ! We’ve shot several bears in the upper peninsula of MI and several near Snead Ontario and fall berry fed bears is wonderful table fare !

They are using autocorrect, and it places a space after the word. They don’t realize it when they enter the punctuation. It pisses me off they changed autocorrect to do that. Makes me look stupid sometimes, and I don’t need any help with that.

Why are ALL these posts suddenly showing up with the punctuation spaced after the word? It isn’t happening to everyone, just some accounts. It’s not like a fat finger typo or something, because it’s that way top to bottom.

Here is an example of what I’ve noticed : the punctuation is offset by a space . I’ve seen my talk to text do this when driving , sometimes it corrects , sometimes not , but I have never seen talk to text do it here . Is that what it is ? Are guys all suddenly using talk to text ? Is there a glitch or an update quirk with some TTT programs ? Is it AI ? What say you , because it’s everywhere now ?
    In some cases, it's how people are taught to type or a cultural thing.

I've chatted with folks from older generations who learned how to use a typewriter when they were younger. Putting that extra space was just a way to make sure the punctuation wasn't over typed or was typed more clearly. It became a habit that they retained with the computer keyboard.

It also seems to be more prevalent in folks I've talked to who were born and raised in some parts of Europe or in India/Bangladesh or Africa. In some cases because they still used typewriters in school or at work, or they just learned to put the extra space because their teachers had done it when THEY learned to type and it became standard there.

But I've noticed that trend on here too and I'm not sure how well those explanations apply.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    I don’t mean grammatical errors, misspelling, or omitting words, that’s all normal. I mean the specific pattern with the punctuation being spaced off.

Look here at Nagantguy, it goes back and forth, like it’s been edited.
    Any one notice what a rabid cock gobbler this guy is ? Like his genes have been edited and all that left is the ability to be an asshole and a hunger for cock

I have no idea what you are talking about . Is this some new glowie , fed - boi , chicom plot ?

spelling hard , Punctuation is the same thing as child proof lighters were to drunk adults . kids figured it out in seconds drunk adults maybe a week later .

grammarnazi2.gif

Just cause I'm a Dumbass doesn't mean I don't know how to use punctuation .
    I actually think I questioned you specifically on it shortly after you joined, thinking you was a foreigner or something because I had never heard of it, ever. When I took typing in HS, speaking before punctuation wasn’t a thing, but I learned on electric typewriters that didn’t have the issue.

Any one notice what a rabid cock gobbler this guy is ? Like his genes have been edited and all that left is the ability to be an asshole and a hunger for cock
    But the autocorrect explanation, you mean this user misspelled “is”?

Your pantyliner is showing . 2020 signup . You glow . You keep talking about all the things you would do to me and my family .

I actually think I questioned you specifically on it shortly after you joined, thinking you was a foreigner or something because I had never heard of it, ever. When I took typing in HS, speaking before punctuation wasn’t a thing, but I learned on electric typewriters that didn’t have the issue.
    Typewriters suck. Mistakes are a pain in the ass to correct. Alexis, typpe my term paper and make me a sam'mich.

Reactions: 96coal449