• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s your coolest firearm?

Coolest firearm I own? The next one I buy! :LOL:
Ok, fine... My coolest for the moment!
Nighthawks.jpeg

It's not that this handgun is particularly cool but, instead, the back story that makes this one very special to me. This lightweight 9mm Colt Combat Commander originally belonged to my father. He purchased it in the late 60’s and it was one of the guns he used to teach me to shoot. In his retirement, he traded it for a golf cart. After his passing, it was returned to me nonfunctional. Jason Burton of Heirloom Precision restored and modernized it a couple of years ago. It now functions flawlessly and eats whatever I feed it. Thank you Jason for returning a piece of my father too me and, in the process, creating a true “heirloom.”

Colt LW Commander 05.JPEG

Attachments

• Colt LW Commander 01.JPEG
    Colt LW Commander 01.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • Colt LW Commander 02.JPEG
    Colt LW Commander 02.JPEG
    965.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Colt LW Commander 03.JPEG
    Colt LW Commander 03.JPEG
    796.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Colt LW Commander 04.JPEG
    Colt LW Commander 04.JPEG
    876 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I have two of them that fit the "Coolest Firearm" description ... (1) SIG P220 SS Carry - Mirror Polished - Rosewood Grips - 24K Gold Controls ... and (2) Walther PPK - Also Mirror Polished ... neither of them has ever been fired. You might ask "Why?". The answer is ... "Because I wanted to."

1635161792055.png

Geissele Super Duty with all the fluff.

Attachments

• 20210923_184603.jpg
    20210923_184603.jpg
    652.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210923_184532.jpg
    20210923_184532.jpg
    734.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Love
Reactions: earthquake
7A5B38F7-E316-4ACE-BDEC-C9A4F883B8E6.jpeg

Engraved John Linebaugh-built high-grade .500 Linebaugh with grips by Scott Kolar. I was very lucky to find it.

Engraving was done by Jim Riggs. It also has a set of ivories made by John’s son Dustin with Twyla Taylor scrimshawing of a Masonic logo as an Elmer Keith tribute, but they’re a bit much for my tastes day-to-day.

Last edited:
I’ve got an unfired franchi spas 12 that still has the franchi tag around the trigger. Also have a ak74 dragunov with a cool old Ukrainian scope on it straight from the Cold War era🤣

I’ve got an unfired franchi spas 12 that still has the franchi tag around the trigger. Also have a ak74 dragunov with a cool old Ukrainian scope on it straight from the Cold War era🤣
Careful with that SPAS if you ever decide to shoot it….it’s very likely that the recoil buffer has hardened to the point that it will crumble if the gun is fired in semi-auto mode. Replacements are hard to find but you can fab your own out of HDPE or similar.

Very loaded question.

I have a pair of Colts that my Great Grandfather carried on the job for the NYPD back in the early 1900s... came off-the-boat from Ireland, NYC had the Irish Need Not Apply policy, and so he had to sign-up for Irish Welfare ... The New York City Police Department... I am not much of a revolver guy, but those are part of my family history. Wouldn't impress anyone really, they're not all chromed out or shiny or new looking, but still...

Speaking on Revolvers, I also have a pair of my Dad's on the job guns (Technically speaking, all of these are still his, but will be mine someday, and I hope that's a long time down the road...) - A very well-used Smith & Wesson Model 10 that he was issued when he became a cop... it had already seen a long life and turned in from a Retiree, and issued to him... was his Duty gun until he became a 'plainclothes' Detective, and was then authorized to buy & carry a S&W Model 36, popularly-known as the Chief's Special... both of which have an interesting finish, because both were well-used, but one of the guys under his command was taking classes to become a Gunsmith , and wanted to practice refinishing guns, so he offered to do my Dad's revolvers for free - and so they're not perfect like when you pay $500 for someone to do it, but they're pretty sweet, and I occasionally carry the 36 as my BBQ gun... again, wouldn't impress anyone but me as they're part of my family history.

As far as what does impress people, that would be a surprisingly inexpensive or impressive S&W M&P 15-22...and I painstakingly modified it piece by piece, full Magpul OD Green treatment - pistol-grip, stock, angled-foregrip, BUIS, Aimpoint Micro, and the kicker for many people is that I lined all the available rail space with Magpul XTM panels - I bought many packets in all the colors - and what I did was put them all (equal amounts) in a hat , mix them up, then pick out pieces randomly. I put them up on one side, formed a pattern, then repeated it. I can't remember if I got it "right" the first time or redid it once or twice- but once I decided "Yeah, man!" I then repeated the pattern on the other side, and all available space under and over. Kind of like a half-aced digital camo.... and it looks *sweet* ... My family members have even put pictures of them having fun blasting away on their social medias and people are ALWAYs like "YOOOOOO SON WAT GAT U GOT DER!??!?!" etc. etc. etc. Many, many compliments. Ain't nothing tricky about it, just Magpul and money lol...

Careful with that SPAS if you ever decide to shoot it….it’s very likely that the recoil buffer has hardened to the point that it will crumble if the gun is fired in semi-auto mode. Replacements are hard to find but you can fab your own out of HDPE or similar.
Thanks for the heads up!

Very loaded question.

I have a pair of Colts that my Great Grandfather carried on the job for the NYPD back in the early 1900s... came off-the-boat from Ireland, NYC had the Irish Need Not Apply policy, and so he had to sign-up for Irish Welfare ... The New York City Police Department... I am not much of a revolver guy, but those are part of my family history. Wouldn't impress anyone really, they're not all chromed out or shiny or new looking, but still...

Speaking on Revolvers, I also have a pair of my Dad's on the job guns (Technically speaking, all of these are still his, but will be mine someday, and I hope that's a long time down the road...) - A very well-used Smith & Wesson Model 10 that he was issued when he became a cop... it had already seen a long life and turned in from a Retiree, and issued to him... was his Duty gun until he became a 'plainclothes' Detective, and was then authorized to buy & carry a S&W Model 36, popularly-known as the Chief's Special... both of which have an interesting finish, because both were well-used, but one of the guys under his command was taking classes to become a Gunsmith , and wanted to practice refinishing guns, so he offered to do my Dad's revolvers for free - and so they're not perfect like when you pay $500 for someone to do it, but they're pretty sweet, and I occasionally carry the 36 as my BBQ gun... again, wouldn't impress anyone but me as they're part of my family history.

As far as what does impress people, that would be a surprisingly inexpensive or impressive S&W M&P 15-22...and I painstakingly modified it piece by piece, full Magpul OD Green treatment - pistol-grip, stock, angled-foregrip, BUIS, Aimpoint Micro, and the kicker for many people is that I lined all the available rail space with Magpul XTM panels - I bought many packets in all the colors - and what I did was put them all (equal amounts) in a hat , mix them up, then pick out pieces randomly. I put them up on one side, formed a pattern, then repeated it. I can't remember if I got it "right" the first time or redid it once or twice- but once I decided "Yeah, man!" I then repeated the pattern on the other side, and all available space under and over. Kind of like a half-aced digital camo.... and it looks *sweet* ... My family members have even put pictures of them having fun blasting away on their social medias and people are ALWAYs like "YOOOOOO SON WAT GAT U GOT DER!??!?!" etc. etc. etc. Many, many compliments. Ain't nothing tricky about it, just Magpul and money lol...
Double check that chiefs special is not the alloy cylinder. Those were deemed unsafe to shoot with and can end up in a nasty day for you if it decides to let loose. Just stick a magnet to it and make sure it sticks. Also, if it happens to be an air weight, look around/under the forcing cone area and make sure it hasn’t started to crack there. The allow frame guns are prone to this.

That's awesome, I'd love to see those!

Nothing as nice as everyone else’s here but I have a 50 cal Thompson Center Pennsylvania match rifle. Rifling is 1/66.

Really accurate and fun to shoot

I am not sure if they are the coolest rifles in the safe, but They make me giggle
TacSol X-Ring TD SBR with a CGS Siren and Magpul Back Packer stock

My version of an “old school” build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 47
IMG_2368.jpg

InkedIMG_2369_LI.jpg

German made P7M13 purchased in Germany in 1993. I made the 2 hour drive from Boeblingen to Heidelberg to get this guy for about USD $800. Bringing it back to USA wasn't too difficult either, but sadly it spent several years in an arms room while I was still on active. After all these years it's still my favorite handgun, though now my wife shoots it more often than I do.

Last edited:
Double check that chiefs special is not the alloy cylinder. Those were deemed unsafe to shoot with and can end up in a nasty day for you if it decides to let loose. Just stick a magnet to it and make sure it sticks. Also, if it happens to be an air weight, look around/under the forcing cone area and make sure it hasn’t started to crack there. The allow frame guns are prone to this.

Thank you very very much... pretty familiar with this, although I wasn't always. This particular gun has quite a bit of rounds fired- we both agree I myself fired my first at the age of 6 out of this back in '87... we're both pretty sure we sort of 'tandem-shot' when I was 5, with him standing behind me and holding my hands as my hands held it... regardless. Yeah it's all good.... it doesn't have the screws, but it has the square butt grips and definitely no alloy cylinder. Also not an Air Weight. My Dad's kind of a somebody as a LEO, one of the guys who worked for him would have been all over that a long time ago - although he stopped carrying this when I was 8 or 9? His Department was one of the very first in the USA to adopt Glocks, I was in a famous magazine relating the story of how Glocks were chosen (He was the guy in charge of the Selection program - pretty sure our local guys went with HK, the State guys went with SIG, and his Capital City department went with Glock, ..) and the funny thing is, he's the furthest thing from a Gun Guy there is, total opposite of me. He was proud of being the Guy In Charge Of The Guys With The Guns, saw his gun as just a tool of the trade, like a General Contractor having a hammer on hand ,etc.

How do you like the Counselor? That's my dream concealed carry pistol.
It's like a Chihuahua! It's little but it thinks its a BIG gun. Seriously, I have shot other small 9s and they are snappy but the Counselor shrugs it off and acts like a Government Model. Not sure how they pulled that off but that's how it acts. When you get one you will love it! It's my constant companion.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: samb300
The one in my pants!
Hey it’s cooled off in Missouri finally.
Just a Glock43 Talo Edition 9mm with TLR6 loaded with Winchester 147grain Black Talons from circa 1992 ish. Held in a Tulster holster.
D8882F64-E54E-4875-A016-2C496084908A.jpeg

Reactions: nikonNUT