• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What’s your go to cigar?

Adah6.5

Private
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2017
I just started smoking cigars a few months ago. I’ve liked most of the ones I’ve tried from Rocky Patel and Arturo Fuente. I’m starting to enjoy the med-full cigars more than the milds now. What cigars do the more experienced smokers enjoy on here?

Fuente Fuente Opus X Robusto is all I have time for. It is a 45 minute smoke for me. I hate being bothered on the rare night I want a cigar.

Reactions: jungle45
I’ve been wanting to try the Opus X. Sounds like a good size to. I’ve had a couple that have been close to 2 hour smokes. I spend the last half hour debating on weather to keep smoking or put it out and go back inside. One hour is good for me.

The Opus X line is great with a few years of age. To me, they're kind of harsh when they're young. I like pretty much all things fuente. My go-to cheap sticks are the Padron X000 series, but I'd have to say that my all time favorite cigars are the Padron 1926 anniversary line (in maduro).

Other favorites include Oliva serie V, 601 blue Maduro, Fuente Queen B, Tatuaje Cojonu 2006, Viaje stuffed turkey dark meat, Surrogates skull breaker and the liga privada lineup from drew estates.

If you're looking for a few in the budget minded area, I'd suggest Ramon Bueso genesis the project and illusione Rothschild.

If you're just a few months into the hobby and decide to stick with it, you'll be amazed at what a couple of years of rest time will do to the flavor profile of most cigars. Padron tobacco is already aged, so not too much change in them.

Also a little unsolicited advice: if you order them online, most retailers ship them really "wet". So if you try to smoke them right off the truck, they're liable to have burn issues. When I started out, most of my stock came from CI and I had to learn this the hard way. Small batch cigars ships with a boveda humi pack, which is a nice touch and lessens the time it taken them to even out.

Welcome to another fun and cash consuming hobby!

My go to is a little hand rolled cigar that comes out of a shop in Ybor city, FL. It's pretty much Tampa. A little old lady comes in a couple times a week and rolls their cigars. When I go down there I buy quite a few; mild, Ned and full flavored. Usually enough to last me a year until I get down there to get some more.

commercial wise I tend to smoke Davidoff Millennium

i usually smoke a pipe.....but when i go for cigars its usually a Monte Cristo Platinum, incredibly smooth

The Opus X line is great with a few years of age. To me, they're kind of harsh when they're young. I like pretty much all things fuente. My go-to cheap sticks are the Padron X000 series, but I'd have to say that my all time favorite cigars are the Padron 1926 anniversary line (in maduro).

Other favorites include Oliva serie V, 601 blue Maduro, Fuente Queen B, Tatuaje Cojonu 2006, Viaje stuffed turkey dark meat, Surrogates skull breaker and the liga privada lineup from drew estates.

If you're looking for a few in the budget minded area, I'd suggest Ramon Bueso genesis the project and illusione Rothschild.

If you're just a few months into the hobby and decide to stick with it, you'll be amazed at what a couple of years of rest time will do to the flavor profile of most cigars. Padron tobacco is already aged, so not too much change in them.

Also a little unsolicited advice: if you order them online, most retailers ship them really "wet". So if you try to smoke them right off the truck, they're liable to have burn issues. When I started out, most of my stock came from CI and I had to learn this the hard way. Small batch cigars ships with a boveda humi pack, which is a nice touch and lessens the time it taken them to even out.

Welcome to another fun and cash consuming hobby!

Excellent choices.
if you have access, some money to burn, good scotch or bourbon and an hour and a half the real (Cuban) Hoya de Monterrey Double Corona from 5 or 6 years back was a work of art imo.

giphy.gif

CAO Maduro, CAO with the black label (maybe xx or xxx? Don't remeber? Super smooth.

Excellent choices.
if you have access, some money to burn, good scotch or bourbon and an hour and a half the real (Cuban) Hoya de Monterrey Double Corona from 5 or 6 years back was a work of art imo.

Cubans are a different matter and different animals from anything like the Opus X. If we bring Cubans into the mix, I'll pick the Partagas Serie D. It is the real deal in Cubans...Smooth and very flavorful. I also like the Cohiba robusto if I want a stronger smoke. I like the Hoya Double Corona but that is a long smoke. If I have that kind of time; I'd rather a Cohiba Esplendido or Montecristo No 2.

Haven't had any of these in a long ass time. Maybe it is time to open the humidor

Nice sticks? The Partagas Serie D I had in Toronto was good, but not ~$20 good. In that league I'm going to go with a Padron 1964, personally. Also, the Fuente Queen B was disappointing IMO.

My go-to is typically a Torano Exodus Gold, but the sticks I also regularly stock include the Drew Estate Undercrown, Nub Cameroon, Alec Bradley Prensado, Rocky Patel 1990, and Fuente Hemingway (assorted lengths, but the Short Story is EXCELLENT). I'll also second the Montecristo White Label and Oliva V. If you're into robust I recently had a J. Fuego Corojo Oscura that I started out thinking I wouldn't like, but enjoyed by the end.

Unfortunately, it's ass fucking cold now. Or at least too cold to sit outside on the deck for 45 minutes to an hour or two.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I’m going to have to get some of these ordered and try them out.

I smoke outside on the porch to so there’s not to many days right now that are warm enough to go out and enjoy a cigar.

Reactions: Spblademaker
What is usually in my humidor:
Padron Anniversary
Ecsencia
Kristoff maduro
Antano
Shagg maduro
Ghurka royal reserve
601 Blue
Camacho- maduro, Corojo
LFD
Diamond Crown Maximus
La Gloria Black R
Punch Rare Corojo
La Aurora

Go to cigar is a Padron 1964 Exclusivo. I had a Davidoff Colorado Claro the other night; been a while but they never fail to disappoint. The Padron 45th Anniversary is a great cigar. I had a box of Avo 80th Anniversary (signed by Avo himself) from 2011-12 or so which were awesome, but some shitbag employee stole them from my locker at the cigar lounge before he and his merry band of thieves got fired.

I like the Gurkha Assassin. The 125th Anniversary (Archive) were good too ... but in general, the Assassin.

Heavy go to cigar is the Dominican Partagas Black. If I got a couple hours, a Partagas Black Gigante with a nice glass of scotch isn't a bad way to spend it. Also when available, the Cuban Montecristo #2 is a real treat.

'Natural' by Drew Estate.

Actually, I pretty much enjoy anything by Drew Estate, but 'Natural' is my favorite. I prefer a very mild cigar, I smoke them as a chill pill of sorts only every once in awhile.

Reactions: Spblademaker
Punch Punch Habano
Tatuaje Reserva 7th
Tat Black
El Gueguenese CG

I try to keep the cost per stick around $10, because I smoke about one per day. My favorite go to is La Aroma De Cuba. The El Jeffe is a decent value when buying by the box. Nicaraguan with Connecticut broadleaf wrapper. For some reason we don't get Opus X around here, but they are a sure thing.

Lots of Opus X fans, but not a single God of Fire or Don Carlos enthusiast?

The recent batches of Don Carlos double robusto have been fantastic.