• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

jbuck88

Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Since this Corona thing I've been shooting more then I have in a long time. I'm starting to realize I have a hole in my lineup. I "need" a range 9mm.

I had a German p210 target that filled the roll. I really liked it and would try one of the newer ones, but I think I want to try a double stack.

So now I'm looking at a used Atlas Nemesis but what are some others I could be looking at?

OR how would a X5 or X6 stack up?

If you are looking at an Atlas and want that "custom" gun feel, there is also Limcat, SVI, Akai, Cheely.

I do like the tuned feel of the custom guns. I don't want to take a huge depreciation hit, since I don't usually keep guns I get bored with.

How do the X5's stack up?

The German X5/X6 from the Mastershop will get you very very close to a complete custom. About as custom as you can get without being a made to order custom. And they can run.

STI, SVI, Freedom Gunworks. Flip a coin, personally I'd lean heavily towards the Freedom Gunworks because Bobby Keigans is a good fucking dude. Just don't go with one of STI's lower end/entry guns, they can kinda suck.

STI Staccato P would fit the bill. Best shooting pistol I own. Holds value well.

sti would be nice that cabot would also be really nice if you don't mind sighing over your first of kin and a kidney and giant chunk of your liver lol but they are like fine wine or really fine pieces of functional art .
rock island has some neat pieces
ed brown , dan wilson tons of other great makers . Good luck and may you get a good one that lasts for many years to come at least till you sell it to me at a really reduced price lol .

I haven't had any experience with the new STI stuff but my 2011 Hextac has been pretty solid and they have improved since then. One pistol that I loved before I got into 2011's was a USP expert in 9mm. Absolutely a tack driver and never had a malfunction. Trigger was actually pretty nice in SA mode but not quite a 1911.

Anything wrong with the X5 Entry?

If you are referring to a Sig X5 they are good for a polymer framed gun and I personally like them over a glock. But everyone has their own preferences. The legion is nicer with the weight. I am a 3 gun gun guy so I look for the competion angle. It will never be a 2011 but it is good for the money. Also for close money a CZ Shadow 2 is sweet.

It al depends on your use and check book as to what is best

If you are referring to a Sig X5 they are good for a polymer framed gun and I personally like them over a glock. But everyone has their own preferences. The legion is nicer with the weight. I am a 3 gun gun guy so I look for the competion angle. It will never be a 2011 but it is good for the money. Also for close money a CZ Shadow 2 is sweet.

It al depends on your use and check book as to what is best
I’m pretty sure he means a 226 X Five.

Sorry. Yes I was talking about the p226 mastershop x5.
Fantastic firearm. You can get into some pretty semi custom ones as well, but I still think they’re not quite what a made to order SVI would be. At least not on a personal level. They may shoot as well. I don’t think they’ll ever be able to match a 1911 style trigger though.

I have an STI DVC 3 gun and couldn't be happier. It fits my hands great and shoots better than I can. It comes down to what you like, fits you and your budget.

Reactions: Broncovan
Sorry. Yes I was talking about the p226 mastershop x5.

I apologize I miss understood. I have always been a weight fan when it comes to the 2011. An STI feels great and is a wonderful gun but if money were no concern an SVI or in my mind an Atlas would be a one up and would be the way to go. They just come done with everything.

Atlas really has every moving part deburred and moving freely. They claim it takes them about 25 hrs a gun. When I tried this with an STI it took me about 80 hrs and I spent the same money in parts alone to come close not because STI is bad. I am sure Atlas is just a million times more proficient than I am. Just saying in time and parts to get one there you are not atlas and everything is going to cost more than they can do it for up front.