• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors What .223 can?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Looking for something light, quiet and full auto capable. Price and quick detach do not matter. I was looking at the OpsInc cans.

Thanks!
    -dan

Re: What .223 can?

AWC RAIDER Titanium, excellent can! Will handle F/A and sustained semi with no problems. Plus extremely quiet and an excellent company to deal with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STLTAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a good place to start, if you can, demo what your looking to purchase, it makes all the difference.
    STL </div></div>

+1 on that.

M4-2000 is probably the best all around suppressor on the market. It's extremely hard to beat for the money. Ops Inc isn't no slouch either. Dare I say, they are probably some of the quietest 223 suppressors on the market and I have heard a lot of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STLTAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a good place to start, if you can, demo what your looking to purchase, it makes all the difference.
    STL </div></div>

+1 on that.

M4-2000 is probably the best all around suppressor on the market. It's extremely hard to beat for the money. Ops Inc isn't no slouch either. Dare I say, they are probably some of the quietest 223 suppressors on the market and I have heard a lot of them. </div></div>

I own an M4-2000 and an Ops 16th Model. Love them both. The Ops products do have a unique tone to them.

The 16th Model is really more comparable to an AAC SPR/M4 in size, weight and over the barrel mounting solution. The AAC products use ratchet latches to lock firmly in place. The Ops product uses a rear collar on the two piece mounting system. Both the 16th Model and my M4-2000 stay rock solid on the host. I've shot both full-auto pretty extensively without any issues on barrels down to 11.5". I've shot the M4-2000 a few times on M249s.

Both products are made extremely well.

We blown up a couple cans (G5 and M4-2000) on the M249. Just got a 249SD in for it. The short para barrel is rough on barrels!

The paperwork on my 16th just came back on Friday. While it is a bit long on the SBR, I wouldn't have any problem putting it against just about anything out on the market now. Also ordered up a M4S to shorten it up a bit and out of curiosity. Plus with a stamp, it's still cheaper then the KAC triple tap!

Last shipment of cans for the M249?

100% Titanium AWC Raiders, Deep weld. If its .223 and its going to take 100 rounds in under a minute, and its going to take a beating while being one of the quiestest, strongest cans extant? Raider. The exterior coatings take a full three days to apply. NO threads, no seams, no adhesives, no tackings, 100% 360 deep penatration welding. A major pita to make, but the results are the specification. These are great cans, but even they are about to take a giant step forward. 1st quarter 2011 the first of the T.H.O.R. cans start to come off the 7-axis, specifically designed for Thermal High Order Radiant applications. Full auto? Raider. In many ways, we are living in the golden age of cans.

Awaiting final coatings,these .223 M249 AWC Raiders went to U.S. forces

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

Just finished the paper work and sent off for the m4 2000. Let you know in about 16 weeks how it is.

i have an ops inc 15th and i couldnt be happier global tactical had a sale on them a while back i didnt take advantage of it as i had already purchased mine but if i recall the savings were substantial you might want to check it out to see if it is going on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how much full auto you want but this is light quiet and will take full auto although it's not out full auto can.
    It is a screw on can.We have guys shooting them on 22-250s

http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/223p-1.php

</div></div>

This is a great can....had the oppurtunity to shoot it on 7.5" full auto M4 a few weeks back and it was impressive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know how much full auto you want but this is light quiet and will take full auto although it's not out full auto can.
    It is a screw on can.We have guys shooting them on 22-250s

http://www.thunderbeastarms.com/223p-1.php

</div></div>

This is a great can....had the oppurtunity to shoot it on 7.5" full auto M4 a few weeks back and it was impressive. </div></div>

I use this can on two of my .223s and one of my .22-250s. Can't say enough good about it. It's an outstanding Ti can.

I went with a Surefire FA556-212. It is considerably shorter than most other .223 cans and from what I can tell, it's similar in dB reduction.

Preston

Call Ron at OPS. He can set you up for whatever you need. Did your can come with the brake? You are REALLY going to like the 12th model.