• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What 308 AR should I get

Jp psc12

For subMOA accuracy, great QC fit and finish, great customer service, proven track record, innovation i.e. silent captured spring, thermal dissipater, side and top charging handle.....you cannot beat the JP PSC-12. Takes DPMS mags and with adjustable gas block you can really dial down the recoil. LMT is a battle rifle and heavy, Larue PredatOBR is my second choice but with long waits (heard they had a batch of bad barrels and moved barrel production in-house) not so sure about it now; Never shot a GAP but I hear good things.

Attachments

• 1175.jpg
    1175.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1178.jpg
    1178.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 16
Holy Crap!!! I Love My LMTMWS! Put a USO 3.2-17 on it and it's on the money. Couldn't ask for a better rifle.

great looking toys everyone has!!! i just grabbed a pof 308 20 inch. looking forward to it. but i still have lots of room in my safe lolol il have to fix that :) how long does it take to swap barrels in the lmt?

It takes about 5 minutes for me, but that's because I'm pretty careful about it. I also don't use the supplied torque wrench, I use my own.

So far, no issues.

If you are just looking to buy a rifle, my vote would be with the LMT - they have proven to be plenty accurate and are very reliable. They are also not hard to find right now. The others mentioned will have a wait time from not too bad to terrible.

Another option is to build your own. Parts are becoming more available, and you can get it exactly how you want. Building your own will allow you to spend your money where you think it is most important on a rifle. This is the route I recently took and am very pleased with the outcome.
Yeah building a .308 rifle is not any harder than an AR15 and you can build a frikken stupid accurate rifle for under 2K

The OP's already decided but to those still concidering...there are a lot of really reliable, accurate options in big bore AR's out there, just research and pick the one that fits you best. I really like JP and LMT but dont have a lot of time with each. I do have a lot of time with Armalite and have never had a complaint. My match barreled AR10A2 makes my 51 yr old eyes step up. Every young shooter that trys it goes home looking at gunbroker trying to find one like it. My 15 yr old 24" barreled AR10T w/ 3K rounds through it still easily prints sub moa. Its a fat pig especially because of my additions but it just plain shoots and as with the A2, is reliable in all conditions. If I buy another AR....It'll be an Armalite.

okie

While I like the dpms sass; I do not think the longevity of it, especially during hard use, will be close to that of the LMTMWS.

Why do you say that? I have a DPMS and realize it is a budget gun. It seems to run fine. They seem to be looked down on here and I'm not sure what it is specifically about them that is a problem, other than the fact that they are inexpensive.

Why do you say that? I have a DPMS and realize it is a budget gun. It seems to run fine. They seem to be looked down on here and I'm not sure what it is specifically about them that is a problem, other than the fact that they are inexpensive.

With the lower price, what is not getting done that SHOULD be getting done to ensure longevity? That's something to consider, at the very least.

I don't think everything needs to cost $10k, but a general rule is that the higher price tag means that there are features that are just not available at the lower price point that other manufacturers offer.

Fair enough. What that is I'm not sure of though.

Just compare features between two different models. There will be things that aren't easy to find out by looking at a website. Find what features are important to you, then contrast and compare between several models.

Nothin wrong with the sass bro. The difference is in materials, testing and design. LMT uses/ rifles an expensive blank with great accuracy and a much longer life than a lesser costing barrel. The mono receiver speaks for itself in terms of design, machine time and a huge chuck of 7075. 2 stage triggers are almost non destructible (not my fav for precision though) lowers are virtually identical to sr25, hmmm, mil tested spring and h3 buffer. That's off the top of my head.

All that said, there are in different price brackets due to some of those things. I am sure I missed some items but I was not knocking your sass in any way. Heck, I have had 2 308 dpms carbines.

AR Snob hehehehe

Nothin wrong with the sass bro. The difference is in materials, testing and design. LMT uses/ rifles an expensive blank with great accuracy and a much longer life than a lesser costing barrel. The mono receiver speaks for itself in terms of design, machine time and a huge chuck of 7075. 2 stage triggers are almost non destructible (not my fav for precision though) lowers are virtually identical to sr25, hmmm, mil tested spring and h3 buffer. That's off the top of my head.

All that said, there are in different price brackets due to some of those things. I am sure I missed some items but I was not knocking your sass in any way. Heck, I have had 2 308 dpms carbines.

I have a RRA lar-8 predator DP. Love it. Just get the polymer mags not crapy surplus ones. RRA is one of few companys that claim a 1moa accuracey fro production guns. They are no OBR, or LMT but for the money they are te best I belive. It has a cryogenically treated barrel wich means it holds accuracey shot after shot better. Less cold bore effecet. I had a KAC M110 at work, it was pretty heavey, the upper and lower had a noticable shift and it would have feeding problems when the gun got gumed up from long days on the range. My RRA feeds and functions great. Its my choice but then I make under 40k. I would get a OBR if I had the bengies.

Consider the FN SCAR 17

I never thought I would say this but I have too many guns and want to optimize, I am set with my RRA 556, but I also have an M!A and a DPMS AP4 with an 18 inch barrel. I want to upgrade the 308 semi guns I have so am thinking about selling both and getting a higher end 308 AR, which one should I go for with the money I can get from selling the two guns above. It will be used for paper punching and any future zombie attack.

I own an LMT 16" CL, I've shot a GAP10 for about 500 rounds, and handled a JP.

I like the way the receiver is cut around the bolt release and mag release on the LMT. It is really solid but it shoots like dick. I wish you could buy the parts from LMT and build your own. I have a .260 rock barreled in a pirated barrel extension, gas block, and gas tube that shots great.

The GAP10 shot great and was solid but the releases are recessed.

The JP I handled felt the most solid but I haven't been able to shoot one. I like the side charging feature but the releases are recessed.

I really like my LMT and plan to rebarrel it. Kind of sucks but whatever. It's the easiest to get your hands on the controls. On the flip, if you like the recessed releases the GAP or JP may be for you.

Edit: I have replaced almost every part of the gun with the exception of the receivers to fit me. I have replaced the trigger, trigger guard, and charge handle, furniture, and sights. That's why I say it would be awesome if you could buy the receivers and small parts. LMT doesn't have the customization that GAP and so on offer.

Last edited:
I own the JP PSC12 and this gun rocks. Sub MOA accuracy, stainless steel barrel, side charging and regular charging handle, low mass bolt, silent capture buffer spring, JP enhanced trigger, Al Radiator find....it's the total package.

When compared to my Larue PredatOBR they are both excellent guns. The Larue comes in a tool box and the hand guards come off without my tools. The trigger is made by the Americzn Trigger Corp and it's defintely one of the best triggers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk