• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns What 45 to buy????

Re: What 45 to buy????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glockdan78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive owned the following.
Sig- suffering qc for yrs. The "dark models" have horrible adjustable sights that are loose and will not hold zero.
Glock 21 sf- still does not fit my hand but will run and run and run.
hk45- great gun in both compact and fullsize. The trigger really really sucks unless you get the LEM. Must change out the sights and mags are priced like gold.
FN Tactical....sold it after a week. worst ive owned.
MP45- great gun for the most part, I had to send two back for issues with the thumb safety. Lesson dont get the safety.
1911- As long as you are willing to spend the money to buy a good one its the best fighting gun out there if you dedicate yourself to it. Dont ever buy one with a barrel shorter than 4.25 inches.

My opinion get a mp45 fullsize or compact without a mag disconnect or thumb safety.....or get a 1911 with a sw e series or springfield mc operator being the bottom end. Never touch a kimber unless it was built long ago. </div></div>

Could you please detail what QC issues Sig has been suffering from for years? You must be refering to more than the sight issue you mentioned.

Interesting how a forum called snipershide is making judgement on 1911's that have been around for 100 years. There is a reason FBI's HRT team uses them as well as alot of swat teams and duty cops...treat them right and they never fail. I have owned both a sig 226r and several 1911's. The only "failure i have ever experience is the slide did not lock back on empty on my sig once due to shooting high power loads. This thread is a bit out of control. Anyone who thinks they can design a better and longer lasting 1911 please stand up and lets here your thoughts.

The same rules applies to any guns. Get cheap and buy cheap parts then failure rate will increase....sve up and buy hand built and hand fitted weapons and you will have no problems. 2K for a 1911 and you will get what it "defensively proficient".

Oh, and who is having problems with Sig quality control? I carried one for almost 8 years (p226r) and it always went bang..always. Pistols are not Ar's and are not as complex. They are very simple (until you maybe suppress them).

If yall would like to see me swat qual targets just ask and I will post them up.

This is at 25 yards moving and using tactical reloads...Fusion 1911 Tac-5. Results speak for themselves.

bberrypocs419.jpg

I like 1911's- lowest level i would go is Springer TRP personally, i have 2 customs but thats just me.

glock 21 is a great pistol

HK expert, 45 or 45c are awesome guns

sig p220 if you can find a good one is a great gun

thats what i stick to

The trp is the best production 1911 that I have ever shot.....nice and tight and feel great. Good choice.

What .45 to buy?

Hell I don't know what's best for you or your budget. Neither does anyone else here.

Had to make a deal with your wife. Wrong right from the beginning. hahhahaha

Handguns are very personal, so you would certainly need to try one before making a purchase. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SteelShot11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is at 25 yards moving and using tactical reloads...Fusion 1911 Tac-5. Results speak for themselves.

bberrypocs419.jpg
</div></div>

Where is the Clip vs Magazine pic when you need it?
clip%20vs%20magazine%2002.jpg

http://abwehr-us.org/clip%20vs%20magazine%2002.jpg

I don't have an SA Commander, but a Colt. I would recommend trying the Commander before you buy. The recoil on a less-than-full-sized .45 frame may change your mind.

OK I have gotten lots of Good info. But someone sell me on Dan Wesson, STI(expensive, Wilson, Caspian(Expensive) Other than SIG or Springfield. what would i be getting with those other 1911 i would not be getting with SIG and Springfield.

THanks

Kirk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kstraughen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK I have gotten lots of Good info. But someone sell me on Dan Wesson, STI(expensive, Wilson, Caspian(Expensive) Other than SIG or Springfield. what would i be getting with those other 1911 i would not be getting with SIG and Springfield.

THanks

Kirk </div></div>

STI has a couple good, relatively affordable guns like the Spartan. It's fit overseas but qc'd here. Lock up in the ones I've handled has be TIGHT. I'd venture to say as tight as some custom guns.

Dan Wesson has some very nicely built guns these days. The VBob would be one of them. I'd put it as a close match to Springfield's TRP with less aggressive checkering.

Wilson builds an extremely nice gun and it's going to be hard to beat.

Caspian? Well, I know them mostly for producing parts, not whole guns.

I carried a Sig P220 Equinox for the last five years, in SC and ST. That being said, I have the benefit of a large frame (6'3" 220lbs). Had no issues through out its use, and only noticed minimal holster wear using a kydex Comptac CTAC. Offset it with a spare magazine holster on the off hand side, and an ankle rig that held an additional mag.

When I was making the decision, I went through every 45 on the market at the time that I could get my hands on. I chose it over the rest because it 'fit' my grip the best and synched with muscle memory rapidly. From a natural position, a Glock always seems to be canted downward. The 1911s just felt overly complicated.

All that being said, I feel obliged to echo others in the following: Gun, Gear, ammo, and more ammo. I was fortunate enough to find a range that would allow you to perform defensive shooting routines.

In ascending order of price:

STI Off Duty
Les Baer Stinger
Wilson Ulralight Compact

I'm not a fan of the Kimber, the Springfield or the SIG.

I just installed an APEX FSS in my M&P 45 and IT IS my favorite 45 EVER now.

I've owned a G21, a G30, an XD45, a RI 1911, a SA full rail operator 1911, a Nighthawk GRP Recon 1911, and I've used many more.

A 1911 is like a NASCAR race car and a Glock/M&P/XD is like a Subaru Sti.