• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What 6 dasher reamer for alpha brass?

Duramax6

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2019
I shoot 6 dasher and had a rifle built back late last year. My wife wants to shoot a little and for the sake of reloading 2 different calibers, I was going to throw another barrel on a squared up rem 700 action. I would like to know what reamer/freebore is standard, needed for Alpha brass. I’m having a local smith spin the barrel up and he hasn’t done any 6 dasher barrels so he going to just rent the reamer. Figured the easiest thing to do was to ask the smith that chambered mine what he used but, never could get a straight answer. Any help would be appreciated

I've seen .274 & .275 necks on reamers for Alpha brass. I'm going to order a reamer soon and going to probably go with .274 neck and a .140 freebore.

I have a .273 neck for Alpha Brass and a .275 neck for Peterson. Both .120 freebore.

Just asking as I'm considering 6 dasher, but do I need choose one or the other form Peterson or Alpha (as far as ready to load brass goes) before having a barrel spun up and will I then be limited to that type of brass afterwards?