• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What alts needed to feed .458Socom in .308 AImag ?

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Folks What alterations (if any) will be required folks to feed the .458 Socom round therough a 10 shot aics magazine reliably?

Re: What alts needed to feed .458Socom in .308 AImag ?

anyone have experience with this ?

I would contact Marty Ter Weeme of Teppo Jutsu. He is the owner of the .458 SOCOM and could most likely answer that question for you.
I would guess that they would not stack properly since the .458 case is larger in diameter than a .308, it has a .308 casehead but it is a rebated casehead. It may be difficult and your capacity will most likely be limited to 3 rounds in a 5 round mag.
I love my .458 SOCOM, it is a RRA though, not a Teppo. http://www.teppojutsu.com/

I hope with a bit of tweaking they will work I have contacted Marty as yet no reply. I'm thinking 6 or 7 in a 10 shot aics .308 mag I feel that as si mags are center feed single stack they may work we will see I suppose