• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What anti cant device to choose

Chasingpro

Captain
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
Texas
I’m looking for an anti cant device. Finding a send it is impossible. Looking for something to fit a 35mm Mk5. Need suggestions on what route to go. I also have the newest version of the MPA BA mount. I don’t know if the spuhr level fits or not. Open to suggestions!

I use my eyeball and vestibular ability.

Less shit allows me to concentrate on what matters a clean trigger break and keeping the sights on target.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt as I only shoot within 1000 yards with crappy .308, 30-06 and 5.56.

In other words I suck.

Reactions: st1650
And if you get a device….

Ignore the rifle cant.

Match the device to your comfort/NPA and ensure it only serves to reflect the attitude of your aiming device and gravity.

I like Accuracy 1st levels but the ARC M-Brace comes with a little level.
I have two M-Brace mounts, neither level was anywhere close to level in any position. The mounts are great, just not the levels.

Reactions: TheOE800
Flatline Ops Tango RM 2.0.
Yep, got that also. I like that I can fold it completely out of the way and only pull it out if I'm uncertain. Fact is, the level in my ears seems to work pretty dang good.

@Chasingpro - the Tango RM is a pic rail scope base mounted level.

You do need sufficient clearance between your tube/erector housing to use it.

This one from Flatline is very nice and I wanted one to put on my ZCO but sadly they do not make it in 36mm. This is tube mounted and folds out or on top of your scope and out of the way. And, if you want your level set to show..well, level...for some degree of cant that is your natural mount, then a tube level can accommodate this while a scope rail cannot. I don't do that but some like that kind of set up

Best of luck

Reactions: 6gunner
Yep, got that also. I like that I can fold it completely out of the way and only pull it out if I'm uncertain. Fact is, the level in my ears seems to work pretty dang good.

@Chasingpro - the Tango RM is a pic rail scope base mounted level.

You do need sufficient clearance between your tube/erector housing to use it.

This one from Flatline is very nice and I wanted one to put on my ZCO but sadly they do not make it in 36mm. This is tube mounted and folds out or on top of your scope and out of the way. And, if you want your level set to show..well, level...for some degree of cant that is your natural mount, then a tube level can accommodate this while a scope rail cannot. I don't do that but some like that kind of set up

Best of luck
Do you know if their spuhr model has 20mm hole spacing. I have an MPA mount and I still haven’t been able to find an answer what the spacing is.

Do you know if their spuhr model has 20mm hole spacing. I have an MPA mount and I still haven’t been able to find an answer what the spacing is.
Ah, I don't do Spuhr so I have zero insight as to what you are talking about.

I'm guessing from the pics that that the level mounts into holes already in the Spuhr, right?

So, if the Spuhr model is for Spuhr's, wouldn't they accomodate Spurh's hole pattern? Or do diff Spurh mounts have diff holes???

They do say this, but you have prob already seen this:

"Fitment: SPUHR® Mount Fitment: The Tango SM™ fits SPUHR® Mount Models: SA, SP, SM, SS, ST, and QDP. Other models may vary and may not be compatible. The mounting locations may vary depending on scope brand, tube and turret size, as well as SPURH® Mount model and size. We recommend running the Tango SM™ in the rear lower interface locations for best sight acquisition."

I'd just call Flatline, tell them which Spuhr you have and see if they will confirm fitment.

Wow, they don't show a phone number on their site....but Brownell's and Midway sells their stuff and they do have CS Tech Support phone. Digging around, I came up with this number...diff name of the company but its a machine shop and its at Flatline's address. I'm guessing that they do business as Flatline but are a diff corp entity.

(360) 733-2924

I know Frank Galli says we're finely tuned naturally, but I personally am not; even after 30 years of rifle shooting. When I shoot Lefty rifles right handed, I've learned when I check the bubble level on the other side, I'm slightly off.

Is a standard scope ring bubble level sub par?

I know Frank Galli says we're finely tuned naturally, but I personally am not; even after 30 years of rifle shooting. When I shoot Lefty rifles right handed, I've learned when I check the bubble level on the other side, I'm slightly off.

Is a standard scope ring bubble level sub par?
Not that they are subpar. I just run my gun pretty hard and want something that isn’t going to let me down in the field.

A standard bubble level will work just fine. I used electronic levels around 15 years ago and use standard bubbles now. Both work fine but I don't see the need to spend a ton of money on a super level when a less expensive one works just fine. I like scope mounted so I can make sure they are level.

^^ What Rob said. I like Vortex standard levels (not the "Lo Pro") because they're easy to find and they work. Available in 35mm. About $40 on Amazon.

Placed well forward on my scope tube(s), the Vortex level is wide enough that I can see it from a good cheek weld with my cataract-surgeried left eye. I don't pay much attention to it in matches but if there's time (or tiny target from prone or other solid position) I'll check it.

MK Machining scope level. Fold out levels are dog shit because you have to fold them out. With the MK I don’t need to come off the gun at all, just open my left eye to check level. Works great.

we need more information. PRS style shooting-----send it level 100% no questions asked. Speed is essential and this is the fastest leveling system while shooting period.

Hunting ........ alot of the bubble levels listed will work just fine.

Reactions: Jacoby_f

Hollands. Low profile, highly visible, smooth rounded corners. $60-$65