• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What are my scope Cap option for NF NXS 8-32x56

Los338

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
Hey tried searching couldnt find anything but my comp is acting up so if I missed anything my bad I am not lazy like that.. But anyway just got a NF NXS 8-32x56 for my 338 and cant find any scope cap for it I dont believe Butler creek makes anything for it I may be wrong but I just wanted something better then the bikini it comes with.. Any ideas thanks guys

Re: What are my scope Cap option for NF NXS 8-32x56

The newer butler creek caps are junk. They WILL break immediately at the hinge area. There really aren't any good options. "Hooper" here on the Hide is a gunsmith/ machinist and he was talking about making quality aluminum thread on flip caps at one point. PM him and ask. If enough people do we will get some quality caps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The newer butler creek caps are junk. They WILL break immediately at the hinge area. There really aren't any good options. "Hoooper" here on the Hide is a gunsmith/ machinist and he was talking about making quality aluminum thread on flip caps at one point. PM him and ask. If enough people do we will get some quality caps. </div></div>

Yeah i have the BC on my Vortex Viper and they are flimsy but I just wanted something for the NF. Thanks for the info I will Pm him and see what he says..

I just ordered a set of butler creek caps from midway for my new NXS 8-32x56, I hope they hold up. I'll let you know.