• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What are some good scope rings?

Bridges90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2017
Ashland, KY
Well since you guys have helped me immensely on my next hunting rifle and scope, I figured I’d get your opinions on some scope rings/mounts. Once again, my new rifle is a 308 b14 bergara for hunting and it will have a Burris veracity 2-10x42. Distances will be out to around 350 yards at max. I’ve been looking at some ring prices and I’ve seen some precision rings from seekins in the $150ish range. I don’t think I quite need precision rings for a hunting rifle so i started looking at the vortex rings for around $70. Are these good rings? Do they require lapping? What are some other good rings that you guys have had experience with? Also, for a 308 should I stick with steel rings or go with a good set of aluminum? Thanks again!

The top end Vortex rings (PMR) are in fact made by Seekins. They are very nice and I have two sets of them.

You could also also check out TPS rings. They have them in steel and aluminum I believe.

I'd get the Vortex branded Seekins. Good stuff, IMO.

Since you are not talking about crazy yardages, get a steel one piece base made for your rifle and either Burris or Leupold rings. 30mm rings are high but no need paying $150 for your intended purposes.

Last edited:
Vortex pro rings at $70. Don't need lapped and are really nice. I have them on my new build and they are really nice without breaking the bank.

VooDoo

Try a pair of these: I have a set from the same vendor for my 30mm Bushnell 3-12x44m LRHS and I've been very impressed by the fit, finish and utility of these sub-$100. ring sets. Gun Dock has the best price I've found on these particular items. In the past I've used Badger, Seekins, Nightforce, TPS, Leupold MK4's and APA rings on my rifles. These Burris Signature XTR rings are the least I've spent in rings more 10 years, and they have delivered more than their monies worth...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/730988999

If you are looking for lightweight rings that directly mount to your action then go with Hawkin's Precision Long Range Hybrids

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4690\/27752998119_ec7608916b.jpg"}[/IMG2]
If you have a picatinny rail and are looking for more hunting type scope rings, try Griffin Armament Orion Rings. I like the Orion Rings because they don't have any sharp edges and are extremely light.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4686\/38633141955_65a35eb390.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
Seekins seem to always work well for me

Seekins, Vortex branded Seekins, and TPS are all great options.
These I would suggest also especially Seekins/Vortex PMR's. You can find used ones on the forums for $85-100. Even new they are worth the money. Don't skimp on rings. They are low profile which means less snagging on a hunting rig. Good luck.

I like seekins precision and badger ordnance rings.