• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what are these called?

hyena74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
Springfield, MO
what are these called? they are the snap hooks docks that go on TRG rifles. I like them better than the flush cups and want to use them on a custom build, but i'm unsure what they are called and cant find them for sale anywhere.

thanks in advance

Screenshot2011-06-29at31925AM.png

Screenshot2011-06-29at31939AM.png

Re: what are these called?

they look like they pop in a flush cup. i tried googling them when he first posted, no luck

They came standard on my new TRG-22 in .260 Rem. And they don't seem to pop out like something that would be in a flush cup.

I know Scott McRee makes a "Uncle Mikes" style swivel stud that can pop in and pop out of a flush cup with the use of a small pin. Dunno if it would handle the size of the snap hook tho????

For about $15.00 each I think.

Cheers,

Doc

KAC doesn't seem to price for the non-GOV consumer.

those are inserts that do thread inside a sako flush cup. no clue where you could get them though. when you unscrew them and remove the inside is a fluch cup. i would try grovetech.com maybe they might have a line of them.

yes...they are on a trg and they do not "pop" in and out like flush cups.

i hgave a build im slowly working on and i didnt want to use flush cups because i dont trust them. i would rather have some trg stye eyelets that are permanently attached that i could snap on a sling with hk style snaps.

sako and AI use those, and i trust them much more than push in flush cup swivels...especially on a heavy ass rifle.

One of these that was capable of being popped in & out looks like it would be pretty popular... I'd try a couple!

Any "Hide Vendors" listening? Seekins? Hooper? Dennis (SDW)? Anyone with the machinery or contacts with someone set up for this type product?

Just an observation.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these that was capable of being popped in & out looks like it would be pretty popular... I'd try a couple!

Any "Hide Vendors" listening? Seekins? Hooper? Dennis (SDW)? Anyone with the machinery or contacts with someone set up for this type product?

Just an observation..... </div></div>

if they pop in and out, that would defeat the purpose, imho. id rather have something that isnt pulling out or coming lose to clip on to.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40171/avs|Manufacturer_1=GROVTEC%20US,%20INCxzzx/Product/MULTI_ADAPTER_STUDS

The ones in the link are nice. They have a set screw that goes in from the top of the stud that locks the ball bearings in place so it will not pop out.

I have installed them on several rifles with great success.
The cups are basically a std flush cup with threads on it to keep them from pulling out once glued in.

ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

I made these for a HS stock. The customer was worried about them pulling out since the HS has a foam core and thin shell. Basically a stainless boss that the cups are screwed to. On top of that they are glued in with bedding compound. A chunk of the stock will come out with these if they ever do let loose.

I meant to imply that the attachment point could be retracted by pushing it in & extended again by pushing on it and it popping back out to a useful length.... NOT having the whole cup pop in & out of the stock....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hyena74</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of these that was capable of being popped in & out looks like it would be pretty popular... I'd try a couple!

Just an observation..... </div></div>

if they pop in and out, that would defeat the purpose, imho. id rather have something that isnt pulling out or coming lose to clip on to. </div></div>

Do the newer TRGs have a threaded shank in the bottom of the flush cup? mine just has a flat head screw and no threads anywhere on the flush cup.