• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you buying for a factory 6.5?

Sincerd

Drone
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2019
Freestate
For big bore what are the options worth looking into? So far I like the lmt in 6.5 and the jp. Anything else? LaRue? Wilson? Pof? What have you tried and liked?

I enjoy building ARs probably as much as shooting them, but if I wanted to buy a rifle or upper, I'd opt for LaRue.

LMT.. but I must admit I’m always drawn to LMT. I own KAC, JP, Seekins, LWRC.... haven’t shot a LaRue or Wilson... but for some reason I always prefer and fall back onto LMT.

Last edited:
Scar 20s

No doubt I am waiting as patiently as I can for the scar 20s in 6.5cm to be available. Excited to get my hands on one.

No doubt I am waiting as patiently as I can for the scar 20s in 6.5cm to be available. Excited to get my hands on one.
i have one of the first 200 in 7.62 and am really just waiting on barrel assys, but that is probably going to be even later.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
I've never liked the ergo's of a scar. Kinda making me question if I'd like the jp. Are they all side chargers? Definitely leaning lmt but I've never heard a bad word about the jp.

I've never liked the ergo's of a scar. Kinda making me question if I'd like the jp. Are they all side chargers? Definitely leaning lmt but I've never heard a bad word about the jp.
have you been behind a 20S already? i'd gladly let anyone shoot mine. i might find out how good it really is that way.
all scars have a side charging handle, and all of them reciprocate except the SC (sub compact).
there is a 3rd party mod to stop the handle, if it really bothers you, but it isn't cheap.
for a precision scoped rifle, i would always want a side charger so i don't have to move my head behind the scope to charge it.

I have a Seekins SP-10 6.5CM, just waiting on the weather to start load development. There will be a full Evaluation and Range Report to follow.

IMG_20200430_173325384.jpg

IMG_20200430_173258570.jpg

This rifle was Accuracy Tested by Matty who is the head of the Military and LEO department who makes the M-Series rifle.
The groups below were shot at a hundred yards with factory Hornady 140 ELD Match.

@RyanScott @spooledup @White_Shark

Screenshot_20200514-125959.png

Screenshot_20200514-130056.png

Screenshot_20200514-130133.png

Last edited:
Definitely leaning lmt but I've never heard a bad word about the jp.
JP is a badass rig no doubt. Personally though I like LMT.. for my shooting abilities and realistic uses I’d rather have the durability and reliability of an LMT accuracy and bomb proof reliability along with having the bonus to switch calibers easily. Plus in my eyes they are just flat out sexy. The mrp/receiver is unrivaled. The JP however will shoot tighter groups overall in my experiences (just a unsponsored normal dude who shoots a lot regularly without any training).. depends on your uses of what you’re looking for and expectations

• Love
Reactions: theLBC
JP is a badass rig no doubt. Personally though I like LMT.. for my shooting abilities and realistic uses I’d rather have the durability and reliability of an LMT accuracy and bomb proof reliability along with having the bonus to switch calibers easily. Plus in my eyes they are just flat out sexy. The mrp/receiver is unrivaled. The JP however will shoot tighter groups overall in my experiences (just a unsponsored normal dude who shoots a lot regularly without any training).. depends on your uses of what you’re looking for and expectations
me too (on the reliable over 0.25" moa or whatever). i prolly can't shoot that good, so what's the point.

being far from a proper rifle range, i had little justification for such a gun (scar 20s), other than 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️🧟‍♀️ swarming over a bridge or wall, or foreign invasion.

so i was forced to choose something for suitable for zombies or wartime situations, otherwise i had no justification for buying a precision rifle at all. :unsure:
I literally had no choice but to spend thousands of dollars on one rifle. 😇

i just happened to prefer the piston design, being able to shoot 1000+ rounds without having to clean it (if i had to, not that i would).
since i don't have an AR, i had no personal bias on which platform to choose, and nothing to "relearn".

are the jp rifles using standard ar10 barrels? That one thing that may push me over to it. For example I've been searching for a while for a 6.5 lmt with no luck. I've even been on their mailing list for months. If that JP has the option to put any Barrel into it that would really open a lot of options

Picked up an sp10 seekins it’s a hammer with 130s going to try the heavier bullets next week. Hoping it does well with my bolt gun load for convenience sake

Reactions: shax2lex
I got a Daniel Defense DD5V4 in 6.5 CM. The Hunter model with the Geisele upgraded trigger. It’s a hammer. May not be a Seekins or a Scar. Shoots way better than I ever can

BigJake can fucking shoot.

Last owner of my rifle took a die grinder to the rail to reach his gas block and then switched it to a proof 6.5 barrel. I ordered a new rail and gas block today, it’ll arrive before the waiting period on the gun is over. ZCO 4-20 on top and I ordered a MOE stock to replace the PRS because I am not a real gorilla. Now to figure out how to shoot a large frame gun well...

Reactions: BikePilot
are the jp rifles using standard ar10 barrels? That one thing that may push me over to it. For example I've been searching for a while for a 6.5 lmt with no luck. I've even been on their mailing list for months. If that JP has the option to put any Barrel into it that would really open a lot of options

You can order the barrel extension on the JP site or call in to your preferred barrel maker for the pattern you need. I love my JP's but I know folks have preferences. I'll always say if you can swing the JP you wont be disappointed. They always perform.