• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are you doing gun-wise to prepare for potential dem. victory?

houndog

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2005
Although I think it's hard to predict what's going to happen in November, and I do agree that most polls tend to undercount the support Trump/Republicans have, we have to acknowledge that there is a chance Biden may win and Dems. may take control of the Senate as well. If that happens it's pretty clear their first order of business will be to pass some kind of gun legislation. At minimum this will be some kind of universal background check. Probably a new AWB as well, and this time they will be smart enough to prevent gunmakers from finding an easy work around (like pinning and welding collapsible stocks and swapping out muzzle brakes for flash hiders.) Maybe something modeled on the NY SAFE act? Wondering what people are doing in anticipation of this possibility.

Personally, I already own 1/2 dozen AR's in various configurations and calibers, plus a couple of stripped receivers and lower parts kits so AWB doesn't worry me all that much (and I'm honestly not all that worried about a forced buy back). I assume most of the guys on this forum have been shooting for a while and are in a somewhat similar position, so hopefully not a lot of you are among the first time buyers stampeding to get an AR.

Ammo is obviously a concern, but I do think prices will come down, even if Dems. elected. Full capacity mags are also in danger, but again if you've been shooting a while you should have some stockpiled already. Two of the things I do worry about are NFA items and legality of pistol braces. I personally like shooting short barreled AR's. At practical distances (under 200 yards) they don't give up anything to full size AR's and they are lighter, more maneuverable and quicker on target. But it's only a matter of time before some nitwit walks into a bar or a movie theater with and SBR under his raincoat, uses a gun with a silencer, or, god forbid, actually uses a machine gun to start shooting people.

Right now, I think this stuff is off the liberal's radar. Hell, half my liberal friends think machine guns can't be owned by civilians, and the other half think AR's are machine guns. But if we have a mass shooting where an NFA item is used this will be seen as very low hanging fruit to the Democrats. A large portion of America doesn't think people should be allowed to own an AR or an AK, how do you think they're going to feel when they realize machine guns and silencers are perfectly legal in many states?

And here's an interesting fact that I just learned - that $200 tax stamp you have to pay to register an NFA item hasn't changed since the law was enacted in 1934. That's right - if you wanted to register an item in 1934 it cost the same $200. (I find this difficult to believe, so maybe I'm wrong on this, but I do recall reading this recently).

So personally, I do see 1-2 silencers, another SBR and a couple of pistol braces in my future. Oh, and maybe a gun trust.

Curious what others are doing.

• Haha
Reactions: atepointer
I’m not worried. I’m gonna go boating out to a island in the Aleutian chain. I’m gonna take all my guns and ammo. You should come. I will make room for ALL of your guns. My aluminum welds haven’t given me issues before but I have a gut feeling that tells me to chart a path along side a buddy in his boat in case of sudden sinking syndrome. It seems to affect boats a lot more when loaded down with brass, lead, 4130, 4140, stainless 416, odd right?

Although I think it's hard to predict what's going to happen in November, and I do agree that most polls tend to undercount the support Trump/Republicans have, we have to acknowledge that there is a chance Biden may win and Dems. may take control of the Senate as well. If that happens it's pretty clear their first order of business will be to pass some kind of gun legislation. At minimum this will be some kind of universal background check. Probably a new AWB as well, and this time they will be smart enough to prevent gunmakers from finding an easy work around (like pinning and welding collapsible stocks and swapping out muzzle brakes for flash hiders.) Maybe something modeled on the NY SAFE act? Wondering what people are doing in anticipation of this possibility.

Personally, I already own 1/2 dozen AR's in various configurations and calibers, plus a couple of stripped receivers and lower parts kits so AWB doesn't worry me all that much (and I'm honestly not all that worried about a forced buy back). I assume most of the guys on this forum have been shooting for a while and are in a somewhat similar position, so hopefully not a lot of you are among the first time buyers stampeding to get an AR.

Ammo is obviously a concern, but I do think prices will come down, even if Dems. elected. Full capacity mags are also in danger, but again if you've been shooting a while you should have some stockpiled already. Two of the things I do worry about are NFA items and legality of pistol braces. I personally like shooting short barreled AR's. At practical distances (under 200 yards) they don't give up anything to full size AR's and they are lighter, more maneuverable and quicker on target. But it's only a matter of time before some nitwit walks into a bar or a movie theater with and SBR under his raincoat, uses a gun with a silencer, or, god forbid, actually uses a machine gun to start shooting people.

Right now, I think this stuff is off the liberal's radar. Hell, half my liberal friends think machine guns can't be owned by civilians, and the other half think AR's are machine guns. But if we have a mass shooting where an NFA item is used this will be seen as very low hanging fruit to the Democrats. A large portion of America doesn't think people should be allowed to own an AR or an AK, how do you think they're going to feel when they realize machine guns and silencers are perfectly legal in many states?

And here's an interesting fact that I just learned - that $200 tax stamp you have to pay to register an NFA item hasn't changed since the law was enacted in 1934. That's right - if you wanted to register an item in 1934 it cost the same $200. (I find this difficult to believe, so maybe I'm wrong on this, but I do recall reading this recently).

So personally, I do see 1-2 silencers, another SBR and a couple of pistol braces in my future. Oh, and maybe a gun trust.

Personal income 1935 was $474.00 , so $200.00 was alot of money back then !!!

1602951039007.png

i've been well provisioned for some time, simply due to living someplace where supply is always in question.

Reactions: Blutroop
I’m looking forward to seeing Robert Francis O’Rourke become gun confiscation Czar and try to take our guns away.

He talks tough but will tell the police, that have been defunded, to start taking guns away from people that won’t give them up.

So all together now at the count of three. One... two... three... I’m your huckleberry!

Hi,

The dirty kind or the naughty kind of school teacher?
We talking public school type or Catholic school type?

Sincerely,
Theis

the kind that looked like 200 lbs of lard poured into nylon and wouldnt shut the fuck up about her fucking monarch butterflies...
damn, i feel sorry for the kiddies
i should have gave her a quarter to have a rat chew the ugly of her face.

then i had ms 30 year old come up to me with hands clasped as if in prayer and say...i hate to ask you this in a pandemic but do you have a public bathroom.

jesus fucking christ...

Geno hears the shit tho, carnies hear all the good shit

Shit BFC, I wished I would have thought of that! If my boat wouldn't of sunk in the middle of Lake Mich., with all my guns, I could have traded them for some hooker action, wife would have probably been pissed, but, oh well, I can at least look. Mac:rolleyes:

I don't own any firearms. I dont know why you would ask that.....

Fedboi much?

ACB getting in there could be a game changer in opposing any radical legislation Dems propose.
Most recently, I have been buying pistol braced ARs and double stack EDC handguns. I’m G2G in the other stuff now.

You waiting until now to get ready? ......

Reactions: Sierra770
Not conversing with people that have no history and ask too many questions.
Shit BFC, I wished I would have thought of that! If my boat wouldn't of sunk in the middle of Lake Mich., with all my guns, I could have traded them for some hooker action, wife would have probably been pissed, but, oh well, I can at least look. Mac:rolleyes:
ask the wife. She might surprise you and have some “friends” that are cheap dates

For reference, NY "Safe" act, passed in 2013:

"That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered."

I have bought 3 howitzers, 4 rocket launchers and lots of bear spray!

2fa52e16-9e69-42f7-80a1-1874398ea961-large1x1_ForrestGump.png

And just like that , the boat slipped under the waves . Guns , ammo and evrathin .
Leutenant Dan said it'd be easier for the Politicians to find the guns . He said "politicians are lower than whale shit and that's in the bottom of the ocean . So it should be easy for those bottom feeders to find our guns . "

I have bought 3 howitzers, 4 rocket launchers and lots of bear spray!

Hi,

You too????

I am waiting for mine to clear Customs right now. Launchers are going to look real nice on this.
20171010_142825.jpg

And if I am outshooting the production of my new reloading setup....It will be a glorious day indeed!!
20171011_103756.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

I’m looking forward to seeing Robert Francis O’Rourke become gun confiscation Czar and try to take our guns away.

He talks tough but will tell the police, that have been defunded, to start taking guns away from people that won’t give them up.

So all together now at the count of three. One... two... three... I’m your huckleberry!
Thats the best post I've read all day!! I don't know why the lunacy of the left's logic wasn't obvious before you pointed it out....

Last edited:
"That data shows massive noncompliance with the assault weapon registration requirement. Based on an estimate from the National Shooting Sports Federation, about 1 million firearms in New York State meet the law’s assault-weapon criteria, but just 44,000 have been registered."

I shouldn't be, but I am surprised THAT many got registered. Stupid is as stupid does. Hopefully that number is simply hyperinflated by some dirty pol to try and save face.

Nice try Mr ATF man......

ask the wife. She might surprise you and have some “friends” that are cheap dates
I have to tell ya. They're none of my wife's "friends", that I would have swing'n around my pole! Thanks for that mental picture, Blutroop! 5 min. of my life I can't get back:ROFLMAO:! Mac

I have to tell ya. They're none of my wife's "friends", that I would have swing'n around my pole! Thanks for that mental picture, Blutroop! 5 min. of my life I can't get back:ROFLMAO:! Mac
Send those friends (female) my way. I’ll fuck em’!!

• Wow
Reactions: 10ring'r

3vkelxx7zqf41.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Fig