• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what are you most excited to see at SHOT?

have you seen anything about which unit the sleeves were for?

I’m not the one publicly accusing a company of ripping something off and lying about it.

I have zero knowledge one way or the other. But making claims like that against anyone or any company should be accompanied by some sort of valid proof.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
I’m not the one publicly accusing a company of ripping something off and lying about it.
manta Defense has had full auto rated suppressor sleeves for a long time now. theyre also the only GOVT bought/purchased sleeves for 21 allied nation and countries.

manta Defense has had full auto rated suppressor sleeves for a long time now. theyre also the only GOVT bought/purchased sleeves for 21 allied nation and countries.

So, how does that prove that magpul was not contacted and asked to give a shot at developing something?

Companies are contacted all the time and doesn’t work out to a purchase or contract.

Also, the magpul doesn’t put a continuous round count limit on their cover and it’s 5.5”.

Manta has 100 rnd count limit and 7.5”.

So, who has made a cover that short that doesn’t have a continuous round count limit?

If the answer to either of those is no one, magpul’s claim is valid.

Also, if their claim wasn’t valid, I’m pretty sure Manta would have already filed suit for a patent violation.

Also, the magpul doesn’t put a continuous round count limit on their cover and it’s 5.5”.

Manta has 100 rnd count limit and 7.5”.

So, who has made a cover that short that doesn’t have a continuous round count limit?

If the answer to either of those is no one, magpul’s claim is valid.

Also, if their claim wasn’t valid, I’m pretty sure Manta would have already filed suit for a patent violation.
It doesnt violate patent infringement.

Magpu;'s sleeve is for one suppressor only. Manta's is universal. and the number listed for manta is "suggested" you can achieve higher round counts.

Maybe not so much. So, you've admitted that Manta can do full auto..which they can..that would make Magpul NOT the first sleeve for full auto.

Their claim is that it’s “the first of it’s kind.”

I haven’t admitted anything. The manta recommends not firing over 100 continuous rounds. And it’s longer overall.

Again, you might want to have a bit better information on your side. What you have done is publicly and directly accuse a company of stealing something and lieing. Not only is that not cool, it’s borderline libel.

They claim “first of its kind to handle extended strings of semi-auto and full auto fire.”

Manta has a giant warning recommending you do not use their cover for extended strings.

So........one says go for extended strings.........the other strongly recommends not to use for extended strings. ???

Reactions: Precisiondada
Stop by Resco Instruments... say 'Hi' to RES-actual... aka Smitty... for me!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Been looking at their options for awhile now, since you first pointed them out to me. One of these days, I just need to schedule a visit to their shop/store...I drive past it all the time, but always seem to be in a hurry with something else.

Daniel defense getting into bolt guns... three lug, timney elite trigger, threaded barrel and bolt knob. They got my interest peaked

Daniel-Defense-Delta-5-770.jpg
did you get lost trying to find arfcom?

I feel like DD is just a sleazy salesmen that just wants to make a buck by getting into the precision rifle game. Thats not at all based on anything other than the whole anti 2A comment made last year.

In all seriousness though, Im eye-balling anything chassis related. I want to see what the ARC chassis looks like mounted up, dont really want one but still. Oh and the JP chassis.

Wish I could be there collecting flyers.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
i had an adjustable for my "DMR-ish" build it was awesome, the diamond will be sick and anyone running a large frame ar or even a valk will be in luck, im more interested in the 2 stage for bolt guns, ill buy one ASAP, did they have a release time frame for it?

I hate to say this, but they said 1 April 2019 for the AR Diamond. People immediately jumped on the April Fools train.

I have an 18” White Oak build that deserves something better than a mil-spec setup.

I feel like DD is just a sleazy salesmen that just wants to make a buck by getting into the precision rifle game. Thats not at all based on anything other than the whole anti 2A comment made last year.

In all seriousness though, Im eye-balling anything chassis related. I want to see what the ARC chassis looks like mounted up, dont really want one but still. Oh and the JP chassis.

Wish I could be there collecting flyers.
The JP chassis is money. They had full build on an ultimatum action. I did not get a price point and the picture is on my phone. Oh and the DD was lame. Some of these companies need to stay in their wheelhouse and quit trying to be a jack of all trades.

oh... anymore info on the JP chassis? That sounds interesting. The ARC chassis, just based on the pics from their website and nothing mounted, looks weird.

oh... anymore info on the JP chassis? That sounds interesting. The ARC chassis, just based on the pics from their website and nothing mounted, looks weird.
What do you want to know? The ARC chassis is not for everyone but it’s built well and is comfortable.

I hate to say this, but they said 1 April 2019 for the AR Diamond. People immediately jumped on the April Fools train.

I have an 18” White Oak build that deserves something better than a mil-spec setup.
8541 tac said he has one in hand for review soon sooo hopefully soon

I want to see the mil xt reticle. Check out the A2 bolt and trigger from DT. And maybe find some cool rifle sling where you can carry your gun by the scope... Like a purse.

Shot it a range day. Feels good. Looks good. But I never fired an A1 so I have no basis of comparison.
Thanks I have the a1 but wondered the difference . They say 36 percent more accurate but I’d have to see it to beleive it.