• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what are you putting your reloaded ammo in

Re: what are you putting your reloaded ammo in

MTM 50 round boxes for me.

bulk ammo goes into military ammo cans and match stuff in the midway, MTM or whatever is on sale 100 rd boxes. I use different color boxes per calibers.

I bought a bunch of the generic red/blue/smoke Midway boxes years back, that are compact, work well and are cheap. I've also had to buy some of the bigger MTM 100ct cases for the 338Lm/7 Rem Mag loads. I have more than a few brands and styles, however, I don't really do the 'loosely packed' ammo cans, but I can see why people like this method--one box, waterproof, high capacity.

My zombie 223 ammo just gets put into the 'Rem green box' boxes that I fish out of the trash when I'm at the range. If I have to chuck those for any reason, or if I give some ammo away, it's no loss to me. I have 30 of these in great shape.

Early on, I did buy a case of 9mm styrofoam inserts/cardboard boxes from Midway, but I still have most of them left.

Chris

I put bulk 45 ACP and 223 in their own respective MTM 50 cal ammo cans. I put my precision ammo in 100 count MTM boxes. I wouldn't bother having more than one or two of the 50 count boxes, I went that route at first and now I just have about 20, 50 count boxes tumbling around my reloading room.

I highly recommend the Plano brand 50 rd boxes. They are the only ones that use actual hinges rather than the one piece molded crap.

The Midway boxes break easily. Both at the "hinge" and if you drop one. The MTM haven't yet, after 25 plus years. The type and quality of the plastic is everything. JMHO

Big fan of the Plano boxes. They stack well and as mentioned have real 2-part hinges that won't split like the molded in 1-piece designs. Price wise they're right there with the MTM offerings as well.

Charlie

MTM boxes for production stuff, standard cardboard and foam 20 round boxes for experimental lots. keeps things nice and tidy.

-Paulus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I highly recommend the Plano brand 50 rd boxes. They are the only ones that use actual hinges rather than the one piece molded crap. </div></div>

I use 50rnd MTMs that have real hinges. I don't care for the molded ones not staying wide open and eventually breaking.
I also keep some reloads in old commercial packaging. My bulk .223 reloads go in stripper clips.

I love MTM boxes. They now have a 2-piece hinge on most of them which is awesome. I use 100 round boxes to travel with and really store, then 50 rounders to put in a range bag and take to ranges with me.

I love my MTM cases. I prefer the 100 round count, and look out for some of those MTM cases that have the solid (non-pined) hinge.