• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What are you using to suppress SBR .300 BLK

captnmo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
Fort Lewis, WA
I'm looking to put a suppressor on a 9" Sig MCX Virtus .300 BLK. I've looked at the Sig suppressors and they look good. Just wondering what else you all are using. I'm open to either QD or direct thread options, leaning toward the QD.

Omega 300 and 762-SDN-6.

Both are nice to shoot. The Omega’s QD system seems more repeatable and durable

Reactions: captnmo
TBAC ultra9 On one and AAC SDN-6 On another....both have 7.5 inch barrels
TBAC noticeably quieter and lighter but is about 2.5 inches longer

Reactions: captnmo
Look at the Q Full Nelson, i understand that it was pretty much designed for 300 bo on the TACOPS

I really like my omega as well, very versatile. Can’t go wrong with a nomad either. I have a rugged radiant in jail I’m pretty excited about as well, modular, light weight in both configurations and great mounting system.

Don't own one myself but have shot the Surefire SOCOM300... it is definitely my preferred platform. Love the QD.

Reactions: stompbox
I put a TBAC Utra 9 on my 8.5” SBR. It was really loud with no suppressor and my SDN-6 helped but with only an 8.5” barrel I have plenty of room for the 9. It works really well.

Reactions: PamunkeyHub
I have the Sig SRD 762QD on my Sig Rattler and run a Hybrid46 on my 7.5” SBR and a SDN-6 on my 10.5” pistol build. The Hybrid and the Sig Are equally stupid quiet. The hybrid 46 on my 7.5” seems to be the most accurate and very little POI shift with 220gr SMK subsonic rounds

TBAC ULTRA 9 on 8” SBR- sounds like a paintball gun

However the subs go down faster than Gov Whitmer in her failed attempt at a VP slot

Will try some full power loads in the future

Surefire SOCOM300-SPS

Does the SOCOM 300 SPS come with a QD device or do you have to buy it separately? And do you happen to know why there are no minimum barrel lengths listed for certain calibers but there are for the Omega30?

Look at the Q Full Nelson, i understand that it was pretty much designed for 300 bo on the TACOPS
I run the QD version of that the Thunder Chicken on a similar cartridge 7.62x39 on both a 16" and 10.5" it's hilariously quiet and subs are an absolute hoot.

Reactions: tvalks
Nerdy question here, getting into the nuts and bolts, but can anyone speak to the difference between Inconel and Stellite/Titanium, especially when it comes to the SBR. It seems overall 300BLK is going to be pretty gentle on any suppressor, but if I were to put it on a .308 or 6.5, then it seems there's going to be a difference in wear. I'm asking because the Omega 300 is in stock and the Surfire 300 SPS is not. I'm leaning toward the Surefire because it seems built to handle more and maybe worth the wait since I have multiple calibers I may use this on. But there's the wait and the $$$ because....it's Surefire.

There’s no issues with an omega and durability. I shoot mine on anything from a 556 SBR to 300wm, it’s my most versatile favorite can currently.

Omega 30 as well
Have been using it for several years and it's impressive. I run it on my 6.5 PRC and .308 also. FA 5.56 no problem.
QD on most and direct on my 300 Blk Seekins 8" with 13" handguard.

Reactions: Double Ugly
I believe the SF came with one mount, at least my dealer provided one and sold others at a discount. I left one .30 cal adapter free so I can direct thread the SOCOM when I want to.

The option to direct thread is a great feature. I have a .30 Warcomp that I can thread onto my 6.5 Creedmore bolt guns, .300 BO and .308. Then you add the SOCOM 300 SPS and make sure everything stays tight. The muzzle device won’t be timed right, but that doesn’t matter once the suppressor is attached.

Keep the Warcomp and the inside of the suppressor clean and it works great. If you are going to dump mags - permanently attach you muzzle attachment.

If I were buying a can right now it would be a Thunderbeast Dominus SR rather than the Surefire. You’re going to wait for either one and don’t forget to add a .22 rimfire to your order.

Putting an Silencerco single port brake on mine with an Omega 9K. Will also put the same brake on my MPX carbine (9mm) so I can swap the can back and forth.

I run a Q Thunder Chicken, there is no better option for the MCX. Its absolutely amazing on the gun.

I have an Omega which I really like, particularly the QD system. I’m buying another soon and am vacillating between the Rugged Surge and the CGS Helios. The dB ratings of the Helios are superior but I really like the materials and modularity of the Surge.

Really it depends on what you’re holding most valuable in terms of what the suppressor has to offer. Are you looking for modularity, size/weight, durability, dB reduction, company support and warranty, repeatability or all of the above?

If we were talking strictly bolt rifles, I would discuss TBAC, but for suppressing a 300 blackout SBR, I feel the three suppressors I previously mentioned are the best of the best for your purposes. Research them all and decide which attribute, or combination of attributes, are most important to you and make your decision.

Good luck!

Reactions: mikefraz
I have an Omega which I really like, particularly the QD system. I’m buying another soon and am vacillating between the Rugged Surge and the CGS Helios. The dB ratings of the Helios are superior but I really like the materials and modularity of the Surge.

Really it depends on what you’re holding most valuable in terms of what the suppressor has to offer. Are you looking for modularity, size/weight, durability, dB reduction, company support and warranty, repeatability or all of the above?

If we were talking strictly bolt rifles, I would discuss TBAC, but for suppressing a 300 blackout SBR, I feel the three suppressors I previously mentioned are the best of the best for your purposes. Research them all and decide which attribute, or combination of attributes, are most important to you and make your decision.

Good luck!
I too use the ASR system for my Omega, but since I often shot off a bench and it wasn't always easy to see (old eyes) I put a dot of white paint on both the ring and the lock at the locked point so all I had to do was to verify that it was locked on. Make sense? To expensive to muck one up!

I'm looking to put a suppressor on a 9" Sig MCX Virtus .300 BLK. I've looked at the Sig suppressors and they look good. Just wondering what else you all are using. I'm open to either QD or direct thread options, leaning toward the QD.
I have the Omega 300 and love it on my 8.5", a great friend had a DeadAir Sandman 2 on his 5.5" blackout. Both are great.

I run a Q Thunder Chicken, there is no better option for the MCX. Its absolutely amazing on the gun.
I'm right at or just over 7k rounds through my Q just a machine. Cherry Bomb tapered QD is a great design as well have it on x39's and 6.5.