• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What are your thoughts about NRL22 class delineation?

Base class should be restricted to moa only, along with android phones. Open class should be mils and iPhone.

Basically, a poor and not poor class.

I'd argue the iPhone is a handicap. How anyone can find a damn thing in iOS is mind blowing.

So where do I sign up with Android and Mills, or if needed I can grab a mill reticle moa turret scope to really get into a class of my own.

Op: I shoot a rifle that qualifies as base. Or at least I only have $680 into it, no idea what current cost would be.

Either way, I shoot against guys with vudoos and S&B's. I just have fun with the fact that when I beat them on one stage they will spend $250+ in practice ammo for the next match. I'm the tormentor driving them, and when they slip up I'll run by. Hell, I could probably beat them if I was willing to up my ammo budget to tennex, but Target is good enough.

I have no issues showing up and taking 2nd or 3rd every month when I pay a whole $10 to the club. It's worth $10 just to have fun and compete.

Reactions: drglock
He would have a sliding internal rear sight elevator and the setting would be up to him.

Reactions: zenbike
The local match I shoot at the MD will add $100 for open and base first place if there’s at least 10 shooters in that class and has plaques for first place finish in the two classes and for yong guns and I think this is not the reason the majority of shooters show up.

Plaques are such a nice touch.

Ok. Another look at it 6 months later. So what are u guys seeing as far as overall attendance? Here's what I notice happening. And there is no point to argue cause this is pure factual in 3 venues I have attended multiple times over the past 1.5 yrs. I'm sure everyone have a different experience but this is my local observation.

First attending these matches a shooter would have to worry the match would be full and they could not get a spot. Many shooters all hoping to improve, having a great time, etc. I understand during the colder winter months some declining attendance but now that summer is here and the ranges are open for business, I would expect much higher numbers at local matches. But I see dwindling numbers . Down to minimal in a few.

Either it's A) everyone may still be fearful of covid. B) they are attending other discipline matches C) many of the newer, less experienced shooter were tired of getting trounced every match. Yes, fun goes so far but if a shooter even remotely thought they could come out on top of their division (or even in the top 5) , wouldn't it give them the incentive to practice more, try harder, and attend more matches? These shooters who are getting oppressively spanked each match have long given up.

For instance, I attend a match where three absolute, world class shooters shoot regularly. They all attend nationals and do really well. They are an absolute pleasure to shoot with and are very classy. But going to the match you already know you are looking at no better than 4th place. I guarantee you ain't beating these shooters.

Wouldn't it make sense to make a 'pro' class? Semi pro? Amateur? To give the less experienced shooter something to shoot for. Goals to set. Climb the ladder, etc . Like so many other shooting disciplines.

Another example, I have 2 sons who started out with absolute passion for nrl22. Practicing all the time, looking forward to the match, etc. One has lost complete interest and the other is teetering on the edge about ready to fall off. No matter how much passion I show for the sport, I see it fading for them. Why? They love to participate but man, wouldn't it be cool to see one of them come out on top or at least in the top 5 of a division once? I don't believe in the participation trophy mentality but you have to keep that spark alive.

Another call for attention to those making the rules. Not sure what everyone sees otherwise but this is my experience

Reactions: Panshot65
Ok. Another look at it 6 months later. So what are u guys seeing as far as overall attendance? Here's what I notice happening. And there is no point to argue cause this is pure factual in 3 venues I have attended multiple times over the past 1.5 yrs. I'm sure everyone have a different experience but this is my local observation.

First attending these matches a shooter would have to worry the match would be full and they could not get a spot. Many shooters all hoping to improve, having a great time, etc. I understand during the colder winter months some declining attendance but now that summer is here and the ranges are open for business, I would expect much higher numbers at local matches. But I see dwindling numbers . Down to minimal in a few.

Either it's A) everyone may still be fearful of covid. B) they are attending other discipline matches C) many of the newer, less experienced shooter were tired of getting trounced every match. Yes, fun goes so far but if a shooter even remotely thought they could come out on top of their division (or even in the top 5) , wouldn't it give them the incentive to practice more, try harder, and attend more matches? These shooters who are getting oppressively spanked each match have long given up.

For instance, I attend a match where three absolute, world class shooters shoot regularly. They all attend nationals and do really well. They are an absolute pleasure to shoot with and are very classy. But going to the match you already know you are looking at no better than 4th place. I guarantee you ain't beating these shooters.

Wouldn't it make sense to make a 'pro' class? Semi pro? Amateur? To give the less experienced shooter something to shoot for. Goals to set. Climb the ladder, etc . Like so many other shooting disciplines.

Another example, I have 2 sons who started out with absolute passion for nrl22. Practicing all the time, looking forward to the match, etc. One has lost complete interest and the other is teetering on the edge about ready to fall off. No matter how much passion I show for the sport, I see it fading for them. Why? They love to participate but man, wouldn't it be cool to see one of them come out on top or at least in the top 5 of a division once? I don't believe in the participation trophy mentality but you have to keep that spark alive.

Another call for attention to those making the rules. Not sure what everyone sees otherwise but this is my experience

Nrl22 is just too easy for anyone who can shoot a 450 or better consistently. Most of us around here have started just shooting enough to win a few matches to get a spot for the championship. There’s enough other matches (Rimfire and centerfire) locally to keep these types of shooters interested and not showing up to every nrl22 match not giving anyone else a chance. This isn’t the case everywhere, so you’ll get some very good shooters showing up to nrl22 because it’s the only match close by.

So, we have seen guys at the top lose interest for it being too easy (and only 5 stages that count), as well as shooters that get beat all the time and lose interest. We used to have 20-30 at a match. Now it’s closer to 10, if that. Just the nature of the format.

NRL22x could provide an avenue for your top 3 guys to lure them away from regular nrl22. Though I think they provided too short of a time for MD’s to to apply for 22x matches. And I think there are far too few matches as well as being spread out. It’s a tough sell for guys to travel too far for a one day .22 match. At least enough to qualify for national championship.

I think introducing more classes to nrl22 would be a step that would muddy up a 5 stage match that costs $20 or so.

Reactions: 10ring1

Regarding your son, wouldn't they finish high in young guns? Unless these world class shooters are also in young guns and winning both leagues.

I just went to a NRL22X match, and most the competitors were just there to shoot. They shoot to have fun, and no one in my squad had any intention that they were going to win anything. PRS matches here are pretty filled up as well, and there are consistent people that will finish in the bottom 2/3 but keep showing up month after month. They just like to shoot.

I think the problem with rimfire matches are that where they are held, they're just kind of boring. NRL22 in a 100 yard range, usually a very straight simple narrow range, with the same barricades over and over is pretty boring. I would easily pay $60 an entry fee to do the NRL22X match but the $20 NRL22 match is kind of boring.

I'm excited for the PRS Rimfire Serie, or just more people opening up their PRS ranges to rimfire matches so we can shoot out to 450 yards.

Actually 7 months, referring to the start of this thread. But regarding covid, I would've expected better turnouts after the quarantine due to the extended isolation. Believing.any would want to get out and participate. Been to 3 match since then at 3 venues. Nrl22 attendance has tanked, centerfire rifle match was booming (which reinforced my covid theory)

IMO the two classes are enough, too many divisions and especially anything based on "experience" are impossible to manage and are always points of contention. This year NRL22-X was established and that should pull the sponsored ultra high end shooters from the basic monthly matches. You'll still have the money-no-object local shooters who will build the Vudoo's and such and it will be that way in any sport you choose to play. For the one's who have the top gear AND know how to use it, watch them, learn from them. I always like shooting with some who are better than me (as long as they're not dicks) because you can watch and learn. We have a person place 4'th in our match overall against all the custom stuff and he's shooting a bone stock savage.

I'm new to Precision Rifle and a complete Noob at it. I shoot in 2 other shooting sports, USPSA and Steel Challenge, (both are owned by USPSA). IN USPSA there are 8 Divisions, with Unclassified, D, C, B, A, Master and Grand Master. In Steel Challenge there are 15 Divisions with the same Classification System as USPSA. There are also Senior, Super Senior, Lady, Junior, PreTeen, Military, LEO, and Foreign in both. Everyone looks at the results they way they wish and you can sort it all in Practiscore. I look at overall, and will look at my Division. I might look at Super Senior since I am that old. The overall results are far and away all that are talked about. Some of the divisions are tiny. Some are huge. Everyone who competes knows that. right now Revolver, Limited 10 and Single Stack are small divisions, but to many people those are what they want to shoot and their favorite firearm. If it brings those people out and supports the sport who cares?

Isn't the division specific to your equipment you shoot and the class is how you are classified as shooter's skill? I think it's important to use the right words because PRS and NRL guys just don't get it
Yes your Division is the gun and equipment allowed. The classifications are inside the Divisions and are determined by a combination of specific Classifier Stage Results and by ranking in Divisions by results in Major Matches.

What's your front sight hold over for a 100yd target?

About 2 mills...

IMG_20200424_131518504.jpg

I keep threatening our MD that I'll show up with this. He keeps begging me not to so he doesn't have to deal with my half-cock safety and tube magazine with the guys who can't get past "remove the mag and show clear".

IMO the two classes are enough, too many divisions and especially anything based on "experience" are impossible to manage and are always points of contention. This year NRL22-X was established and that should pull the sponsored ultra high end shooters from the basic monthly matches. You'll still have the money-no-object local shooters who will build the Vudoo's and such and it will be that way in any sport you choose to play. For the one's who have the top gear AND know how to use it, watch them, learn from them. I always like shooting with some who are better than me (as long as they're not dicks) because you can watch and learn. We have a person place 4'th in our match overall against all the custom stuff and he's shooting a bone stock savage.

The issue with NRL22x is going to be the relatively low amount of matches and distance.

Except for a handful of shooters, you won’t see too many people traveling to shoot them.

Hopefully the next season will see it expanded.