• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What bag to use??

What's a good rear bag for just shooting off the bench? I don't shoot prs but need a rear bag for shooting groups off the bench. I'll be using a Harris bipod on the front. Is something like a TAB bag too small?
Depends on the height of the bipod and the butt profile of your stock. The more space there is the larger the size you will need.

I'm using a McMillan A3-5 so I do have the butthook area to fill up. 6-9 bipod.

I'm using a McMillan A3-5 so I do have the butthook area to fill up. 6-9 bipod.
If using it at 6" one of the smaller cylinder types like The Wilderness makes, if using it at 9" one of Precision Underground's bags should be in the size ranges you are looking for.

What's a good rear bag for just shooting off the bench? I don't shoot prs but need a rear bag for shooting groups off the bench. I'll be using a Harris bipod on the front. Is something like a TAB bag too small?
Tab Gear ($30) and Precision Underground ($70-80) are the first two that seem to be recommended. I've used both. As mentioned elsewhere, the 'best' is relative to your rifle setup and use case (stock/chassis/bag rider). The PU has better recoil damping, but needs to be re-established more frequently. I find I typicaly grab the (small) Tab gear because its lighter, faster, and less fussy. YMMV.

I have several bags, my Precision Underground ELR Pro is my go to prone bag but for the bench use only I like the SAP Run N Gun.

Reactions: deersniper
I apologize for the late response. I really enjoy using my full size and mini fortune cookie off of the bench.

Just a word to the wise….If you borrow a waxed bag at a match, when you return it to the owner hand it to them. Please don’t throw it on the ground(in the dirt and dust) that kinda defeats the sticky part of the wax.