• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WHAT BARREL & BULLET WOULD YOU USE FOR 375 CHEY -T

THUNDERBOLT68

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2009
TEXAS
<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-size: 14pt">I decided to get into the ELR shooting. I just picked up a Stiller 1.600" repeater tac 408 action. I would like to know from the guys ( that are shooting the 375 Chey-Tac ) What would be the best barrel to get ? What barrel length ? What contour ? What muzzle brake ? What bullet ? I would like to possibly shoot animals also. Is there a barrel that will shoot both the High B.C. solids as well as say a hunting bullet. Here are pictures of my new action.. </span></span>
TAC4082.jpg

TAC4081.jpg

Re: WHAT BARREL & BULLET WOULD YOU USE FOR 375 CHEY -T

you might try lawton barrels and talk to bobby there he has a lot of knowlege on the the 375. he also sells rocky mountain bullets for hunting. alum. tipped high bc . i would use a 29" barrel and maybe a 1-10.5 twist. the jamison solids need a 11.5 twist and the rocky mt need i think a 10.5. hope this helps

If you're gonna shoot the longer solids like the lehigh, preditors, GS and rky mtns, you might as well shoot a 1-10. One of Dave viers customers just got his 1--10.5 and wrote me that he wished he would have gone with 1-10.

I just cut my brux barrel to 1-10 at 32 inch. A 1-10 will shoot the rky mtn's just fine. It will shoot the smk's and just about everything else. Mines a 375 snipe tac.

If you want the really long solids, you better be prepared to go way down to 1--8. This will shoot the new GS 414's as well.

I went with the 1-10 cause it will shoot a wider range of bullets. Kirby allan builds alot of these 1-10's for his customers who want the 375 allan mag.

I may be changing down to a 338 snipe tac, if I do my brand new reamers and my brux barrel will be for sale.

zman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're gonna shoot the longer solids like the lehigh, preditors, GS and rky mtns, you might as well shoot a 1-10. One of Dave viers customers just got his 1--10.5 and wrote me that he wished he would have gone with 1-10.
zman </div></div>

Copy paste from the E-mail that Dave Viers sent me:
"I assume you have a 11.5 twist cheytac barrel, that will shoot the jamison bullets, Lehigh, Sierra SMK, Predator 350. The Sierra's are about half the price of the solids."

Myself I would go with a Lawton. Just pick the twist you want and let them make it. They probably done more barrels for this kind of caliber than anyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Myself I would go with a Lawton. Just pick the twist you want and let them make it. They probably done more barrels for this kind of caliber than anyone. </div></div>

Cheytac has both 375 and 408 Lawton barrels advertised for sale right now on their website.

Lehigh is comming out with their new hallow point for the 330 gr..This will be an awesome bullet for killing large game...Again the ten twist will do you fine.

Im cutting my second barrel for the 375 snipe tac..Im cutting it to 1--8 to do some testing of the GS 414 HV...I get them in august, I will let you know how they shoot...Again the safe bet is a 10 twist.

zman

My 375 AllenMag has a 10 twist Lilja, 30". It is set up to shoot the 350 SMk and heavier.